Something with the "Bugs"?

Have you ever experienced a bug that profited you?

• Yes, I have experienced a Bug that was in my favor.

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • No, the Bugs I've had were in favor of MA.

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • I've only experienced neutral Bugs - no favoritism noted.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Yirrk

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood Academy
Yirrkala "Yirrk" Wombarra
It's been noted occasionally that the EU "bugs" we all experience seem to have a decidedly "Profiting-MA" slant to them.

It will be very interesting to see what the Bugs are doing....

The question for this poll is therefore:

Have you ever experienced a bug that profited you?

Please note your experience(s) here in this thread.

Thanks!

Yirrk

Yes -

The one where you hunt, the server goes down, and doesn't synchronise, so you keep ALL the loot, and have no deacay or ammo loss. Although no skill gains either.

From a recent thread, alot of people have had this bug.

Question: If you experienced a bug that profited you, wouldn't you try to recreate it?

Question2: If you could, wouldn't you keep that info to yourself?

EDIT:
One of the problems of things like this. The best way to make the most out of something profitable is to keep it a secret.

Question: If you experienced a bug that profited you, wouldn't you try to recreate it?

Question2: If you could, wouldn't you keep that info to yourself?

To number 1, hard to recreate mine.

And to number 2, yeah, because Its called an Exploit ;)

On one occasion when I was hunting just south of East Scylla Mountain, I had an atrax get hung up on a very slight incline. I had been firing at it and backing away, as I am wont to do, when I backed onto a low rise in the ground. When the atrax reached the gentle slope of that rise, it couldn't get over it, and I prevailed.

Now that I can read the actual wording of the poll, it does not stipulate a financial benefit from the bug, only a general benefit. So my example qualifies.

Sincerely,
Donald

Last edited:
Sometimes I believe its when im on the border between servers i gget a bug that causes me to shoot and not be able to hit the mob im attacking. There are even specific spots that this happen all the time. Loss of ammo without damage is in favor of MA.

one time back around 7.8 maybe? i was able to continually shoot and my ammo count wasn't going down; not sure about decay -- unfortunately i didn't gain anything worthy of talking about loot-wise, and the issue was gone when next i logged on :(

If i would find a bug that favoured ME instead of MA... i doubt i would "exploit" it... since MA could hit me back... It's against the EULA... :confused:

Only bugs in favour of me that I use, are the fun bugs, like sliding, flying.

There has been several bugs that has been used for favour of the player.

I remember after a certain VU some ppl where attacking Auctioneers with Longblades, they got skills from it, but the weapon didn't decay.
= Free skills.

I remember after VU 6.1 I think it was, when Turp used to attack you and do only 1.0 points of damage.
You could place your avatar with some turps over the night to get some free skillgains with no work or money.
= Free skills

Then we have the bug, where an Animal That suddenly became invisible and did only 1.0 points of damage.
Place your avatar there and get free skills once again.
= Free skills

And As Dom_sufc said: When servers didn't register weapon decay or ammo used. But loot was in your inventory nevertheless.
=Free money

Hmm.. And when Snablesnots dropped im2870 like Pixieparts.
=uber items with less effort.

But as olos said: Exploiting bugs for your own benefit without reporting to MA is against the EULA.

Sometimes its hard to tell if something is a bug or a kindness from MA.

For an example...lasers and scopes on Nerveblast chips.

When i found that its possible to put attacment on chips, i said maybe its 'inlogical' but a nice move from MA.

Then they corrected the 'bug'....

So i have to confess: I used NB chip with scope...and that is aginst EULA.

Well, lets say that you find a bug that make you profit.
After a bit you get 1.000.000 PEDs on yours PED card.
Surely MA will discover it and ban you and your avatar for making money with a bug...
So you lose money and avatar...:(

one time back around 7.8 maybe? i was able to continually shoot and my ammo count wasn't going down; not sure about decay -- unfortunately i didn't gain anything worthy of talking about loot-wise, and the issue was gone when next i logged on :(

haha why the HELL did you log off :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Oh.. and I almost forgot.

Rep Edge Battle Axe 1x0 did an additional 5 points of electrical damage until they fixed that bug.

Alot off ppl were hunting with that axe :)

Not to mention the fact that you could trap animals for sweating... ;)

Not to mention the fact that you could trap animals for sweating... ;)

I think this is partly fixed.

You may get following message as soon as the trapped animal tries to attack but can´t get close enough because of stuck at walls, fences, hills or other players:

"This creature is in a state where you can´t get sweat of it."

But still a favor as you already had some chances to get sweat and may change to another animal without any worries about that trapped one.

Back