GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WELCOME TO THE WoF!!!!

********ALL times are MA IN-Game Time********

Stage4RSwedenVsEudoria.jpg

Stage4RGermanyVsUSA.jpg

Stage4REnglandVsRomania_254473.jpg

*** Prizes: ***

MindArk have made an amazing gesture towards this Tournament by the awarding of WoF Winners Bomber Jackets, one for each member of the signed Team, up to 12 in number. These items will be rare, and awarded only to the finest hunters on the planet, in a ceremony after the Final.

And that's not all:

All signed members of the Team that wins the WoF will recieve a Free 3-Month Adjusted Membership to Entropia Forum, Courtesy of 711.
This in itself is a great incentive. Thank you 711!

There is also a prize of "many" EFD's for the team or participant who displays the most exceptional valour.
Many EFD's also go to the Hunt Team who score the highest Single loot
(The WoF HoF Top 20)

The Rules

Main ones are: You have to meet the judge and get back in time at the end. Global on mobs from the Moblist for points. Lots.

The full Rules are on a separate Thread, called "Rules".:)
Please read them carefully before asking a question that has an answer provided, there is a LOT to do here, and it needs to flow smoothly.

If you want to sign up for a team, then please go to this thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55280

Memo to all Finalists:

Just to confirm a few things....

Moblist is now set. Hispidus now have split scores according to Maturity, and can score 8.

Variety Boost still applies, between Longu, Atrox, Hispidus and Hogglo (Any Maturities)

Highest Loot for 8 points still applies.

Win Bonus does not apply. This only goes to those with the highest score anyway, so will not affect the result.

The Venue is Chug's Hideout

We'll all be up the ramp on the upper tier, where the terminals are... that's where you have to get back to as well.

The time is 16:00 MA Time.

The date is Saturday, 19th of May

That's when we get to see plain and honest proof of which nation breeds the best hunters in the world.

Good Luck to All.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Just a Reminder:

The Moblist and Scoring forStage 4 is as follows:

Feffoid: (Outcast-Hunter): 3 points

Feffoid: (Warlord and Above): 5 points

Ambulimax: (Young-Old): 4 points

Ambulimax: (Provider and Above): 6 points

Aetherex: (Any Maturity): 7 points

Chomper: (Any Maturity): 8 points

Variety Boost:

"Types" for this Stage are;

1. Feffoid

2. Ambulimax

3. Aetherex

4. Chomper.

At end of hunt types of mob globalled on are are counted as such:

2 types=3 points, 3 types= 6 points, All 4 types = 9 points.

Highest combined TT value of global loot: 8 points

HoF: double that Mob's normal points.

ATH: Double entire point total for hunt.

TIE-BREAKS:

In the case of teams having the same points in any round of the Tournament, the Tie-Breaks will be decided;

Both teams must agree to either:

The Golden Global option;

This is when the tie is settled by a (max)4-person per team hunt until the first team globals once on the listed mobs. Teams can be any 4 from the Main Team or substitutes.

The teams will meet their Judge at the designated Start/Finish point, and be sent out to hunt the Moblist of the Stage they are Tied at. When one of the Teams globals first, the Tie is won by that team and the hunt is over. Both teams are then told to return and confirm the result with the Judge.

Or by a loud, violent and brutally quick method;

The Tie-Break ShootOut.

These will be arranged on a weekend following the tied match, at a Boxing Ring in one of our fair cities. These can only go ahead if all tied teams agree.

The teams who take part in the ShootOut can consist of up to 4 avatars from the main team of 8, or any Substitutes, regardless of whether they have hunted.

If a team cannot present 4 hunters for the ShootOut, they must try to win with lesser numbers; their opponents are still allowed the full 4.

The tied teams enter the ring and face each other, armed as they wish, and armoured as they wish.

The teams are asked in turn by the Judge:

Is Team XXXXX ready?

Yes

Is Team XXXXXXXX ready?

Yes....

Then the Bell Rings... and the last Team to have any members standing wins the Tie. No return to the ring once killed, no un-teamed avatars in ring.

If more than one team has the same score, ALL enter the ring. The teams then fight again, but the winner of the last fight stays out, until all the teams have an order.

It's chaotic, laggy and unpredictable.... but it's conclusive, heart-stopping, and incredibly fast:)

I look forward to the first......

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan, so the qualifiers will last two weekends total then?

Thx for putting so much time into the rules and everything involved witht the competition. +rep

Sounds like a plan, so the qualifiers will last two weekends total then?

Well, ideally the 7 groups of 4 could co-ordinate to fill 7 slots in the first weekend, but I'm pretty sure some will have to re-schedule to the following weekend.

Very very nice.

But hurrkane, i think u underestimate thepower of MM's and ImpmkII's when they hunt on neconu.

A team of 4 with only1 mm in it and 3 decent other guns will kill 400+neconu in the timespam of 4 hours if there is a good spawn,

So i think we might see scores up to 80, >)

Very very nice.

But hurrkane, i think u underestimate thepower of MM's and ImpmkII's when they hunt on neconu.

A team of 4 with only1 mm in it and 3 decent other guns will kill 400+neconu in the timespam of 4 hours if there is a good spawn,

So i think we might see scores up to 80, >)

I sincerely hope we do:)

The actual hunts are 3 hours btw, within a 4-hour time slot to allow for delayed starts/problems. (makes all the difference lol).

Oh, and the way the progression works, coming second will still keep you afloat a while til the luck turns your way:)

Last edited:
Hi...me again. Tryinmg to get a handle on this:

The Hunting times are:

7:00pm, Friday March 2nd. Another follows at 11pm

Saturday March 3rd's hunts start at 12 Midday, then 4pm, and 8pm.

Sunday March 4th should be the same.

So...do I have the timing right? I understand the GMT-oriented playtimes, but we may need some swapping.

Perhaps I need to see if my team would be willing to switch with the Australians...

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see, there are many options where tactics are concerned. I'm only guessing but I'm seeing 40 points as about as high as it's going to get in this stage... someone prove me wrong

Hurrikane

I'll try ;)

How are you calculating this 40 points? 6 neconu is 48 points alone...I don't see any limits on how many mobs of each you can global on.

I'll try ;)

How are you calculating this 40 points? 6 neconu is 48 points alone...I don't see any limits on how many mobs of each you can global on.

Hehe, "Bane of Bots" is fast becoming "Bane of Hurrikane" :D

Extra slots can be created as long as Judges are available/no-one takes the piss:)
I'll update the WarSheet to explain this better.

Last edited:
I'll try ;)

It was a rough guess based on our experiences in the FoF: in those, with tooled-up teams of 12 hunting for 6 straight hours, the most globals ever scored by a team was The Disturbed Ones + Guests with 12. As the WoF hunts are to be half as long, with a third (or less) of the participants in each, I assumed the top scorers would get around 4-5 Globals, which with any bonus points they could easily pick up, puts the score at about 40.

We've all seen the runs of Globals produced by our finer players in the chat window; if they can pull such results out of the bag when needed is another matter, as luck tends to turn up when it wants to:)

Hehe, "Bane of Bots" is fast becoming "Bane of Hurrikane" :D

Heheh...sorry, I'm kind of a "rules monger". Where I don't understand, or I think there is a problem, I ask.

I need to know what the rules are so I don't break them...and use them to my advantage ;)

Heheh...sorry, I'm kind of a "rules monger". Where I don't understand, or I think there is a problem, I ask.

I need to know what the rules are so I don't break them...and use them to my advantage ;)

No problem, you have ably filled a "Dr Watson" role to my organisational "Sherlock Holmes"; the readers need the facts after all:)

I'm sure Australia would like to swap with Scotland...our time zones range from +8 to +11 at the moment... at least there abouts.

Thats if Scotland don't mind.

Shaz Monaro

About time its ingame time we are talking about right?

Hmm and one more thing, lol, I never understand the pm and am stuff, when is when? :) I have tried to learn it but forget it the day after

About time its ingame time we are talking about right?

Hmm and one more thing, lol, I never understand the pm and am stuff, when is when? :) I have tried to learn it but forget it the day after

LOL! It goes this way:
am = "ante meridium" = before midday
pm = "post meridium" = after midday

Can the times be posted in Calypso time to avoid confusion?
Just a thought, since we deal with soo many timezones :D

I'm sure Australia would like to swap with Scotland...our time zones range from +8 to +11 at the moment... at least there abouts.

Thats if Scotland don't mind.

Shaz Monaro

Thx Shaz...I did notice your dilemma and have queried the Scot team to see if they wish to switch. Their current time slot makes them play 11PM to 2 am Friday night, but would be more civil for your folks to play 7am to 10am saturday as opposed to a 4 am to 7 am monday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I want to be able to support my team, whether I am on the "hunting" team or not!

Can the times be posted in Calypso time to avoid confusion?
Just a thought, since we deal with soo many timezones :D

The times are in MA/GMT time, just not in military time (1600 as opposed to 4PM)

Thx Shaz...I did notice your dilemma and have queried the Scot team to see if they wish to switch.

I'm fine with it. Scots, PM me or frigid to say you agree to switch or not and ill edit this post{or frigid will edit his..umm...hers...umm...what the hell is with all the cross-dressing knights!}

Shaz, i'll see your ass on the battle-field :)

Kotoc are officially in a state of civil war come friday.

P.S Forgive Frigid...always was a detail whore :p

Last edited:
Quick time conversion (All MA time)

Friday 7pm= 19:00

Friday 11pm= 23:00

Saturday 12 Midday= 12:00

Saturday 4pm= 16:00

Saturday 8pm= 20:00

(Sunday same as Saturday)

These are the preferred times for the hunts to take place. Hunting slots earlier on the Saturday and Sunday mornings can be arranged if needed, but we'll be trying to keep these to a minimum.

This weekend coming (23rd-25th Feb)
I should be getting a nice flow of PM's saying things like

"Team XXXXX is fine for the slot you've given us"
or
"Team XXXXX would like the slot at XX:XX XXXXXX instead"

Once these roll in, I'll post an amended schedule around the 26-27th Feb which will be the one we all follow.

So all of you should now be figuring out which members (max 4) will be doing your Qualifier, and whether you need another slot.

:yay: Then all we have to do is kill most of the mobs on the planet:yay:

Hurrikane

Last edited:
BAD BAD BAD competion times for AUSTRALIA

Jacko was gonna sign up for Australia as well :=)

Autralia at 8PM MA time??????
.... hmm I think I will be fast asleep as that is 5 AM for us in the West.

Maybe reconsider and make it a more acceptable time that we can compete.
I'm sure other Autralians will agree with me!!!!!

If those times are set in cast count me out:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
A-TEAM Amethera is hawt!

The A-TEAM - Amethera - accepts the following time

March 3rd at 4 pm
13. France
14. Amethera
15. Romania
16. South Africa

LONG LIVE TEAM AMETHERA!!! :wtg:

Ametheria2.jpg

The more posts that are like the one above, the smoother this will go:) Thanks Amethera:)

Hurrikane

Note to all:

Could any team
who would like a slot starting at 2am (morning) Saturday 3rd or 8am (morning) Sunday 4th March for their qualifier please post here with your choice.

These are extra slots as yet empty, the existing list of hunting slots still stands as a reference point.

Last edited:
hmmm so we (US) compete at midday, thats like...

8am on a saturday? :(

hmmm so we (US) compete at midday, thats like...

8am on a saturday? :(

If you'd like to start later, in one of the slots already there or in a new one as suggested a couple of posts back, just let me know in the next few days:)

Remember as well this is the crowded end of the WoF, the Qualifiers;
The future Stages will be one-on-one matches, with a happy compromise on each start time.

Hurrikane.

Jacko was gonna sign up for Australia as well :=)

Autralia at 8PM MA time??????
.... hmm I think I will be fast asleep as that is 5 AM for us in the West.

Maybe reconsider and make it a more acceptable time that we can compete.
I'm sure other Autralians will agree with me!!!!!

If those times are set in cast count me out:eek: :eek: :eek:

If possible, France (I mainly) would prefer 8pm on satursday. Do you, or someone else want to switch time?

Kylie

If possible, France (I mainly) would prefer 8pm on satursday. Do you, or someone else want to switch time?

Kylie

I've made it more simple; just post when you want to hunt, (in your case 8pm saturday), and I'll shift things around this end to suit as best I can.

We may end up with a few 6-team hunts or a few 2-3 team hunts but it's just the Qualifiers so we can be a bit flexible.

Obviously those not posting changes should still post to confirm, better still send me a PM with your Team's decision either way. I can't deal with the individual wishes of team-members, that is for your own team threads:)

Hurrikane

Team Austria accepts this time slot

12:00 Midday Sunday March 4th
21. Austria
22. Finland
23. USA
24. Canada

instead of an afternoon nap ;)

Team Zimbabwe can make the following time. We have one hunter who plays from California.

Saturday March 3rd at 4 pm

Currently this slot has France, Amethera, Romania, South Africa in it. As France wants to hunt later on, maybe we could take their slot.

It would be lovely if we could swap around a bit so Team Zim could hunt on the Sat 4pm, thanks :)

Back