how about camp enchida not much around there to cause much lag

WoF : Wales Team : Sun 25 Feb 07, 11am - Camp Echidna

Camp Echidna is good for me.

Pennsif :cowboy:

Echidna suits me too.

Fury is Bungy Central right now..
confirm in the morning, but otherwise See You at 11am :handgun:

Assembling the Qualifier Team

So, Jonboy Pennsif and I met up this morning for a Team Meet...

Jonboy is Not available for the 2nd March @ 11pm opening hunt, but Pennsif and I will be...

So that means we need 2 more of you guys who signed up to let us know you can, or would like to, come and play...

So that's...

Jay Pearson
Alien
Muksy
Rockchick

please let us know as soon as poss if you can be there.

Pennsif and I will happily attempt it on our own, but I think we'll have a much better chance of qualifying with four...

Plus, of course, there is still a slot left. I'm gonna try to contact BorgCymru but heard a savage rumour that he may be leaving...

There is the option of switching event days, but I quite like the look of our group, so let's make it on the 2nd March at 11pm if we possibly can.

Sry guys just got from the London thingy (Was a total blast :yay: ) Anyways Im sorry I missed meeting up with u guys...I cant make Friday 2nd I have to work :(

Hey RockChick :)

Glad London was a blast. :wtg:

a couple of Hounds went , but i couldn't make it. shame...

Thanx for letting us know about march 2nd... don't worry tho, when we qualify in style, you can take a slot in a later round...

Hopefully then 2 out of Alien, Jay, and Muksy will be around on the 2nd...

Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Let us know as soon as poss please guys, Hurrikane needs to know.

If you can't make it on that day or time, let us know that too. Hurrikane will let us rearrange..

:yay: COME ON WALES !!! :yay:

I'm in

Cymru Am Byth

hey guys, sorry as well i was in london and got home late :)

i should be free this thursday @ 11 :)

Yes, welcome aboard, BorgCymru.

we are now the full 8, in theory...

Dakusingh... I am delighted you're gonna be available On Thursday at 11pm.

However, the opening ceremony is at 7pm on Thurday 1st March ( so this will problee have finished by then), and our first Match is on Friday 2nd at 11pm..

How are you fixed for that? lol

Any luck contacting Alien or Jay yet anyone? Although, it's looking like we may not need them for our opening Triumph :)wtg: ), it would still be great to know we have a full squad...

I see us doing rather well, guys. Let's be proud, and show the world not to underestimate the Might of the Red Dragon :D

On our meeting we thought that in the early round evryone who signed up should get a chance to represent Wales.

So we will have a squad rotation in the earlier round, then as the tournement progresses we may need to pick the team based on our strengths. After all we want to win not just make up the numbers.

What are your opinons on this?

On our meeting we thought that in the early round evryone who signed up should get a chance to represent Wales.

So we will have a squad rotation in the earlier round, then as the tournement progresses we may need to pick the team based on our strengths. After all we want to win not just make up the numbers.

What are your opinons on this?

I agree that in later (toughr) rounds we should all agree on our 4 best players.

There may be times when one or more of those 4 can't make it, and then we'll be happy that someone could cover the slot.

For the Qualifying Round (1 Match, team of 4), I beleive we have to nominate the team of 4, and stick to it. we don't have a rotating "tag-team" option within the one 3-hour hunt...

Besides, it looks like we're gonna just 4 available for the 2nd anyway. Thats..

Jonboy
Chopper
BorgCymru - ( went ahead and assumed you meant You're In for the 2nd too)
Muksy - ( went ahead and assumed you meant Friday, not Thursday, lol)

This is the squad I'm planning to submit to Hurrikane sometime tomorrow, unless I hear different, so keep those comments rolling in, kids :)

I'm working on weekends and maybe other times depending on weather building my bike but I'm willing to fight given enough warning for any round I can get to

i cant make it but Pennsif said he could :)

A good idea might be to get the leader to add us all to MSN so he/she can keep in touch

er... correction..

OK, yes, sorry... :(

Was being a Bear Of Very Little Brain... :dunce:

The line-up for our first Qualifier on Friday 2nd March at 11pm is :

Pennsif
Chopper
Muksy
BorgCymru - you said "weekends + other times" - Friday ok?

We are competing against Singapore, Denmark and Scotland...

There are 1 or 2 familiar names but nothing too scary.

Gotta fancy our chances.. :D

Remember, all we have to do, technically, is Not Come Last and we're thru to the next stages.

Always nice to win your group tho, eh... whaddya say? :yay:

Of course, even if you're not in out Starting Team of Four, it would be triffic if as many of us as possible can turn up at the Opening Ceremony at 7pm MA time at Nymphtown.

We won't make you sing Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau, I promise... :scratch2:

WoF : Wales Team : Fri 2 Mar 07, 11pm

I'm good for Friday.

Muksy, BorgCymru - do you want to meet up before just to link up on FL's?

I can get online more or less anytime if you PM me here on the forum.

We will also need to decide on mob/location tactics for Friday...

Pennsif :cowboy:

Hi, just posted the revised Timetable on the WarSheet, and your first hunt, the Qualifier, will now take place on:

23:00 Friday 2nd March

Please PM SOON if you cannot field a team at this time; 12:00 Saturday and 12:00 Sunday are available as alternatives.

Hurrikane.

Seems there are now only two other teams in our group, Scotland and Denmark. That should mean less competition for mobs :)

I'm back...

whats going on, am i still in or is it Tea & cakes in the Club House for me.

Oh Dolores, may join if there is room, not sure if she has read this thread yet, but she's a fighter, I'm witness to that, mostly with me, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well your still in but we have enough for the qulifiers hopefully you will get your chance to hunt for Wales :)

I hope i get my chance to :laugh:

oh yes! I would be glad to fight on Wales's side!
Just hope there is a little place vacant yet :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56085

The above link is for the first event qualifiers. AS you can see we are set to start at 11pm on the friday march 2nd.

Can everyone make this time? I beleive we can change if we cant field a full team.

I am not 100% sure i can make it as its my mums bday and i havent seen her for 3 months so was gonna kill two birds with one stone :laugh:

i dunno if i can, i get home after 10pm (Cadets) then I dunno what will happen after that, Ill try and get some cash and Try and be there, sorry if i let u guys down :(

Oh yeah guys, Ill be healing u all if im there (I will hunt but ill be focussing on healing)

whats going on, am i still in or is it Tea & cakes in the Club House for me.

Oh Dolores, may join if there is room, not sure if she has read this thread yet, but she's a fighter, I'm witness to that, mostly with me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:love: Thank you moon for your offer :rolleyes:
But finally I joined the french team, I know they are in the need of members!

Lets compete :naughty:

Last edited:
Ok, time to clear up any confusion...

Might just be my confusion, but writing it down makes it all clearer...

Jay
Delighted you're on board. If you're unable to actually fight as you hinted, you may have to fill the Reserve slot. I feel bad about it, but in a 3 hour hunt when we're clammering for Globals there won't be room for a fapper, and Honour prevents me from suggesting that you tag along and Fap the 4 of us. It won't feel like we won fairly when we inevitably win...

Moonfish
Similarly delighted you're on board... since Alien has not responded (although in fairness he does work tirelessly with the Calypso Rescue Team and is problee very busy) there is certainly a place on the squad for you, just not in the qualifying four, which has already been decided...

So to clarify, the team looks like this...

Muksy }
Pennsif } These four will Reprazent us in
BorgCymru } the 2nd March Qualifier...
Chopper }

Rockchick
JonBoy
Moonfish
Alien or Jay - Alien if he turns up, Jay if he doesn't...

Have I missed anyone?

I'll let Hurrikane know that this is the squad, unless someone tells me that I got it hopelessly wrong, which i admit, is not impossible...

Again, even if you're not in the match on the 2nd, we should have as many as possible at the Opening Ceremony at Nymph tomorrow (thursday 1st March) as possible. Please come along if you can. We'll no doubt go on a team hunt afterwards for a bit of bonding and practise....

As ever you're comments, and corrections, are welcomed and encouraged...

In answer to a question of Mobs that qualify...

The list for the qualifier is...

Daikiba (young to dominant) 3 points

Daikiba ( Alpha + ) 6 points

Faucervix 4 points

Allophyll 5 points

Neconu 8 points

(plus bonuses for HoFs and ATHs...)

Hogglo will be the Big End Mob in the Grand Final ONLY. Other Mobs will be announced for the stages in-between.... so No Hogglo Globals will score in the qualifier...

But who needs em anyway...?

A neconu friend of mine told me that all the Neconu have agreed to Lie Down and Give It Up for anyone with a Welsh accent or name...

It's in the bag ! :laugh:

O due to tonights bad weather I now have to work Thursday night instead, not sure if I will be able to make the opening thing now

O due to tonights bad weather I now have to work Thursday night instead, not sure if I will be able to make the opening thing now

Fret ye not, lad :)

As long as you can make it for the event itself... :yay:

(obviously we will be slagging you off to Everyone who IS there... or we may just write your name in Common Dung in big letters on the ground for all to see)

Back