Challenge to Community: Entropia Universe to 100% ranking @ onlinewelten.com

Someone is using a bot to vote us down!

• We can do same, at least up to where we've been!

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • Nah, its wrong, i'd rather loose than cheating

Votes: 51 57.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
can't vote again until after 12.32 ish - bump instead

Voted...
57%

Vote here!

P. :smoke:

Voted..

Btw, anyone who speaks german might wanna take a look how to fill in all the missing data for EU on that site. Only info added for EU is that its a PC game, no download link, no link to official website etc. There is room for a link to EF even (fansite) :). With my limited german skills I dont seem to find any way to make / ask for changes.

Last edited:
1st vote for today, second when I get home.

58%

Good Point Sahel - Shame I can't speak German well enough.

I've now voted again - 59%

-----------> 60% !!<----------

:yay: i pushed it to 61% now!!!

You're great!!

just voted guys! :D looks like a nice site as well thx for posting the link m8!

Vote submitted :yay:

at 63% :wtg:

Let's keep it going :cool:

Voted here too :D

more of this vote challenges and there be no time to play EU :eek:

But on the othere hand, that will save me a lot of peds ;)

Lets get to the top of every voting there is :laugh:

Voted again - 67%

Translation

I thought I might translate the article on that site for ya guys...
here we go:

Page 1:
Entropia Universe, the chance of earning money?
Easy made money. A statement, that can apply to Entropia Universe, because in this MMOG from MindArk the currency isn't just a currency, no, there you pay with real cash/money, which you also can withdraw. Of course you can also take the opposite way and and deposit real money into the game, which will then be available on the in-game account of the avatar. But do you really have a chance of making money there, or is this just an illusion, that 99% of the players will never experience?

The game itself is available on the official Page if Entropia Universe as free-download. Also there are no monthly fees to be paid to MindArk, one of the fastest growing companies 2005 in sweden. So Entropia Universe is playbale completely free of charge. However the developers of that game make money from every transaktion a player executes. The company collects a small percentage out of every deposit or withdrawal for itself.

Page 2:
Can you really earn money in Entropia Universe and is there actually a real economy? That is what most of the new players want, isn't it? We will try to answer that question, for that purpose we interviewed Skalman, a very famous and successful Pro-EU players, we interviewed normal players on the servers, we interviewed MindArk and we tried out the game ourselves.
MindArk itself advertises with the slogan: „ No Job? On our planet we have lots of well paid jobs!” for Entropia Universe. There is a flyer which invites everyone who has no job or who doesn't jobs in the real world to accept a job on calypso, the world of Entropia Universe. The opinion of the Entropia Universe developers is clear, or the impression they want to make. They say, that the players can take out money from that game and use this hope for advertising purposes.
Entropia Universe got a record in the Guiness Book of Records in 2004 with the most expensive virtual Item every sold. In that year a virtual Treasure Island was sold for 26.500 US$. But this sum got surpassed easily in 2005, in this year a virtual asteroid was sold for 100.000 US$. The player, that bought that asteroid is a member of a very exclusive Guild, that only accepted few and selected players. We managed to interview one of the members of that guild, the very famous Skalman, about his view of the topic "Earning money in Entropia Universe" at the Games Convention.

Page 3:
Regarding the Question how much he earns on Calypso he couldn't and didn't want to give us a direct answer. He claimed he would imediately invest most of the into the game anyway. But he gave us an idea of the value of his account. From his estimation, and he does know the market pretty exact of course, just the skills of his avatar have a value of more than 100.000 US$, if he would sell them today. Not included all the Items, that are in his possesion. He is playing a hunter and let alone his hunting-gear is worth several 1000 US$.
Skalman claims that mainly thos players earn money with this game that live in an economic area in which the living expenses are lower. He says there are many russian players that make a living out of that game, but they do not have to withdraw as much from the game as for instance an american would have to, to make a living out of it.
He advises all the other player to not play the game for the money, but because they have fun playing it, and with a bit of luck and also intelligent playing you even could get money out of the game. From his point of view new players have a much easier start today than players before. Especially the weapon Opalo (Originally "Opallo". I allowed myself to correct that typo -Alex) is a thorn in his flesh, for he thinks it is completely imbalanced, and which he proposes every newbie.
Of course we also wondered if he could give us some information about his guildmember who bought the asteroid for 100.000 US$. Skalman answered that we shouldn't be worried about him, eight months after the purchase the investment has returned itself and everything his guildmate earns now is pure profit. Skalman himself has often visited the nightclub that has been built on that asteroid and the real DJs that perform there were just awesome.

Page 4:
The community of EU, or better to say the players we interviewed, see the potential earnings on Calypso very critically. Almost no player is as successful as Skalman and the least of them get money out of that game. You often get to hear stories about players that invested money into the game to for instance skill a proffession, but never got any money out of that proffession.
Our estimation is that you can surely earn money in that game, when you know where to invest it. And let alone getting the knowledge about Calypso, his market and economy and all the relevant investment options is very costly. Everyone who isn't willing to invest money into the game and just hopes for big and sure profits is definately wrong in this game. You must not forget that if there are players who make a living of the profits out of this game there always have to be other players who pay for that. Also the players are to financing MindArk, its employees and everything around that game. So in theory there always have to be more depositors that people that get money out of the game.

Have fun,
Alex

P.S.: Please excuse me if some parts are not that classy translated but that was a 30minutes work.
BTW my vote is in :)

Voted !! :D

Should we have a "Vote for EU on anything" section on the forum??

we seem to be voting a lot lately aren't we :D

Voted, still 67%

+rep for the translation!

If we go on like that, this mission will be fulfilled soon!!

voted :)

i m totally addicted :p

Voted, still 67%

+rep for the translation!

If we go on like that, this mission will be fulfilled soon!!

Voted, and we are at 66%...seems we lost some.

Cheers :beerchug:

Status
Back