Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Emelie USURPER Andersson
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

Want to buy peds?

I get this question all the time and i don't know what to make of it.
    Avatars offers to sell X amonts of peds for X amounts of $.

As i said, i don't know what to make of it but my scammer alert bell goes of instantly.

Any thoughts?

Stop calling it scotch tape!!
    I ate a whole roll and didn't even get tipsy!!

2nd Generation Addict Blinding Light's Avatar
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pele Pimpim Pimmerson
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Against EULA isnt it?

Also, basically the bell goes off..
    Pele Pimpim Pimmerson
    Selling: 5A's
    Buying: Welding Goggles
    Services: Trade Advertising

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Actam actam MacNoir
    Society
    PhoenixOmega
    Images
    Could be somebody that have $ in paypal and do not know own to transfer them to Eu...
    Or a scammer...
    Actam, an italian noob
    Main occupation in EU: - Entropian from 28 Nov 20006 !
    Info: 12.4k skills, 71PED max loot, 189PED EF global,
    "EU is dynamic (but MA seems static...)" "No PEDs, no party!"

Retired Mafia Princess black_rain13's Avatar
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Ginny "BlackReign" Johansen
    Society
    Happily Retired
    Images
    More likely someone that has PED, or wants you to think they do, and wants to get cash out of the EU and doesn't want to wait the 90 days.

Oh please tell us EU Debit/ATM cards are coming back soon!
    Proud Member of Team Scotland for WoF 2007

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Actam actam MacNoir
    Society
    PhoenixOmega
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by black_rain13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More likely someone that has PED, or wants you to think they do, and wants to get cash out of the EU and doesn't want to wait the 90 days.
    Probably.
    But if you get scammed, can't neither go to cry in Marco's office.
    I'll slap you across the face and ban you from EU for 2 weeks for violating the EULA...
    Actam, an italian noob
    Main occupation in EU: - Entropian from 28 Nov 20006 !
    Info: 12.4k skills, 71PED max loot, 189PED EF global,
    "EU is dynamic (but MA seems static...)" "No PEDs, no party!"

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ben Rumsponge Rumson
    Images
    I have never figured out how this is actually against the EULA, or even could be. Unless I missed it, I don't see anything in there that says it is forbidden. If anyone has seen that, let me know.

Before you do it, you would need to have at least a little trust in the person. I guess you could always reverse the Paypal transaction if they tried to rip you off.

The thing is, that not only is there a delay in getting your money out of EU, but there is also a fee on both ends. If you exchange cash for PEDs or items, you avoid all of this.

I guess I'd really like to hear from MA one way or the other.

Old Alpha
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Clan Deathstalker
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumsponge View Post
    I have never figured out how this is actually against the EULA, or even could be. Unless I missed it, I don't see anything in there that says it is forbidden. If anyone has seen that, let me know.

Before you do it, you would need to have at least a little trust in the person. I guess you could always reverse the Paypal transaction if they tried to rip you off.

The thing is, that not only is there a delay in getting your money out of EU, but there is also a fee on both ends. If you exchange cash for PEDs or items, you avoid all of this.

I guess I'd really like to hear from MA one way or the other.
    6. Ownership and Transactions
    The participant deposits funds in advance and have the right to withdraw funds on the avatar that are not spent.
    Virtual items will often have names similar or identical to corresponding physical categories such as "people," "real estate," "possessions," and the names of specific items in those categories such as "house," "rifle," "tools," "armor," etc. Despite the similar names, all virtual items are part of the System and MindArk retains all rights, title, and interest in all parts including, but not limited to Avatars and Virtual items; these retained rights include, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and other proprietary rights throughout the world.
    As part of your interactions with the System, you may acquire, create, design, or modify Virtual items, but you agree that you will not gain any ownership interest whatsoever in any Virtual item, and you hereby assign to MindArk all of your rights, title and interest in any such Virtual item.
    All and any trade with Virtual items, virtual funds, as well as real fund transactions, must be done through MindArk approved procedures.
    Any such transactions carried out using any non-approved procedure is a violation and can result in a lockdown of any involved account. If you are unsure if a certain transaction is approved or not, you must contact the Entropia Universe support for confirmation.

Seems pretty clear don't it?
    If you whisper sweet nothings in my ear, you're likely to hear an Echo.

Dominant
    Society
    Jurai Blood Cadets
    Images
    Also:

8. Transactions between Participants
    The Entropia Universe is fitted with an economy system that enables Participants to carry out secure transactions with other Participants, in which buyers and sellers exchange Virtual Items, Virtual Funds and Real-Life Items (the "Approved Transaction").

You acknowledge that any exchange carried out using any Non-Approved transaction procedure is at your own risk. MindArk reserves the right to take any necessary measures for the purpose of preventing and acting against frauds and Non-Approved Transactions, including, but not limited to, making a reservation against a suspected Transaction, and terminating a directly or indirectly involved Account, if MindArk judges that the Transaction was not performed in compliance to this Agreement.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ben Rumsponge Rumson
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkscorp View Post
    All and any trade with Virtual items, virtual funds, as well as real fund transactions, must be done through MindArk approved procedures. Any such transactions carried out using any non-approved procedure is a violation and can result in a lockdown of any involved account.
    Thanks for pointing that out. You are the first person who has pointed to that section.

If you go through and read section #8 it basically says that if you do use a non-approved method of transaction, it is at your own risk. Seems to be a conflicting statement.

Has number 6 always had that clause or is that part of the new banking EULA? I've always read through them fairly carefully when they make changes and I am amazed that I would have missed that clause in every one.

Society
    Fat Rats
    Images
    Well, selling peds out of game may be frowned upon, but it was quite common before the cash cards came about, and is probably as frequent now that they have taken them away.
    Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast