Betting On Fights

Marijo SPAWN

Young
Society
New Born Souls
Marijo SPAWN Gulin
:deal: Hell o
:topic:
First, i would like to someone worn me is this ilegal ??
*This is my suggestion betting and fighting for PED`s in Twin PvP:
-For example, take 3 persons; -2 persons are fighting against each other (no matter how high skills they have, it can be beginner against the best player in entropia), they are person (A) and person (B), and the person who organize fights (C).
-Before fight, the both fighters must take off all of their clothes and armour, and put weapons in inventory. -Only weapon they can use is shortblade knife from trade terminal. Than both have the same chances to win, only dependes on their skills with mouse and keyboard. ...Now the best part; person(A) and (B), are giving to person (C) 10 PED`s each. Every other people who stands around can make their bet (10PED`s) on fighter by their choice. .....So, when 1 fighter loose fight, the other is taking his 10Ped`s from person(C), and other people who had bet on the winner.
***This can be fun and bussines for someone :evilking:

-Anyone interested? Is this a good idea? :scratch2:

Than both have the same chances to win, only dependes on their skills with mouse and keyboard.
Not quite. There is such a thing as defensive skills, offensive skills, HP (which also translates into health regeneration rate). It's not THAT simple.

But I'd like to see evenly matched fights, might even bet on some of them.

In most countries you'd need a licence for such things, from a regulatory board, or police, and such laws apply to online activities as well.

Other than trust issues, this should work. I don't recall anything from the EULA that would make this illegal. Someone else may recall something.

In most countries you'd need a licence for such things, from a regulatory board, or police, and such laws apply to online activities as well.

in most countries there are also laws against killing other people. or indeed just owning a rifle/pistol/cannon. shall we accept that that no licence is required for a online fight between two virtual people?

the legality in question is betting. i think technically it might be a no-no. MA tweaked the event system to prevent it be used for lotteries, which have to be strictly licenced in Sweden. On the other hand, what can they actually do to stop it?

as for making it fair, you'll need to devise a handicap arrangement.

Hmmm. I would check with MA via a support case before doing this.

It sounds interesting and could be fun if done well. But MA are quite anti things like gambling occurring, presumably for legal reasons. There have been some ideas for lotteries, for instance, that have been banned.

I don't really get it, as loads of activities in EU are basically gambling, perhaps gambling where you can influence the odds by your skills and your actions, but still gambling. But then again I'm not a lawyer...

Anyway, like I say, I'd advise checking its OK with MA first.

Well, betting PEDs Is Illegal in the EULA. I know this for definiate. One guy made a thread here long ago, with a Bingo game. Where you won PEDs. Was cool, but completely not allowed unfortunately.

However, you could use EFD. Even though they have monitary value when traded, this Is completely legal. I think :scratch2: Best check, but the latter should be fine.

Hmmm. I would check with MA via a support case before doing this.

It sounds interesting and could be fun if done well. But MA are quite anti things like gambling occurring, presumably for legal reasons. There have been some ideas for lotteries, for instance, that have been banned.

I don't really get it, as loads of activities in EU are basically gambling, perhaps gambling where you can influence the odds by your skills and your actions, but still gambling. But then again I'm not a lawyer...

Anyway, like I say, I'd advise checking its OK with MA first.

Hope I dont get off topic too much but Poker is not theorized as gambling (in many states in the US at least) and hence poker tournaments organized by private people are alowed. The reason it is not thought of as gambling is that it is more than 51% skill based and less than 49% luck based.

Back to topic
Betting is considered gambling. However do ask MA before taking any action as to avoid both you and any other participants being banned.

Testing

Would you like to try 1 fight with me (this is not a challange, only testing my/yours theory)? I am new guy, only 1 year of playing, you`re expirienced.
Please??

Considering EU is just a big slot machine I find it rather ironic that MA are so against betting. :laugh: :D

i have stepped out of EUfor awhile now, but im still checking in from time to time ;) to answer your question about this, in 36 states inside the united states, peer to peer wagering is considered legal in games of skill, because entropia is skill based and everything that occurs happens is a skill occurence, if people live in those 36 states ;) they could theoretically make legal skill based wagers with eachother... other people like the 3rd person the orig poster mentions cannot legally bet on the outcome because they dont have an efect on the outcome, (maybe if they have similiar fap skills 3rd parties could use fap 5's and influence the outcome so they can wager, even if they only fap once it effects the outcome) ;) guess it depends on some euro law for anyone to know if its possible anyone who lives by MA might look this law up.... anyway have fun in the EU, hof be with you,

JTSJ :boxer:

ok, not sure about the betting and the EULA... but you're saying that taking armour off and same weapon would make this an even fight??
when u start the game.. u have something like 90hp and 0 defence, evade...
without behing uber, its easy to see ppl with close to 200hp..and crazy defence, evade..

unless u start playing with odds.. 1:10 and such.. I dont think it would be possible to match ppl from diff lvl.

good idea .. but it would take some serious system and homework to find out the odds and make it fun for everyone..

Straight of the ship, noob fights would work though ;)

New profession: Noob trainer. I wanna be like that guy from Rocky

'you got to get speed kid, greasy OJ speed, catch the chirpy'

:yay:

can we do this or not,....?

Back