Old
Society
Free-launcher
Just a recap

Support Case 102016 history
09 Feb 2007 my name deleted
Hello

This is what just happened to me a few minutes ago:

I was buying ammo at a Trade Terminal at Twin Peaks. I picked 50 PEDs worth of Medium Cells for my laser carbine. Then I placed my PED card with about 157 PEDs on it to the payment window and pressed "Accept" and then "Confirm" but nothing was happening. I did not get any confirmation message or an error message, TT window just stayed open as if I still had not paid. So I clicked "Abort" a few times and nothing happend, the TT window stayed opened. I was able to remove my PED card from the window and log off Entropia. I waited a minute and logged back in. There was a message saying that the server was not available and if wanted to log in to another one. I chose "yes" and logged in and it turned out I was at Billy's Space Craft Camp!!!! And I have 50 PEDs less on my card (as if I bough that ammo at Twin Peaks) but I do not have ammo in my inventory. How come I log off in one place and log in at completely another place? And where is my ammo that I paid for??????

my name deleted

19 Feb 2007 Entropia Support:
Hello, we checked our logs for any information regarding the trade however we found no evidence suggesting that the trade took place at all.

Since it is not possible for a transaction in the trade terminal to only work "one way" it leads us to the conclusion that due to some issue the trade didn't take place at all.

We will investigate what may have happened and do our best to prevent it from occuring again in the future however due to the lack of information in our logs there can unfortunately be no compensation for this.

Regards,
Entropia Support

20 Feb 2007 my name deleted
Hello

So could you please go through your logs for a few minutes earlier and tell me where the 50 PEDs had gone? I am almost 100% sure that I had about 157 PEDs on my PED card when I entered the TT to buy the ammo. First I sold all the loots to the TT and my total on card was 157 PEDs, then I tried to buy ammo, picked 5000 Medium Cells (50 PEDs), placed my PED card in the payment window and then TT froze up.
After the relog, I had 50 PEDs less but no ammo.
I am sure you can track my PED card balance around that time and see the amounts. If it shows 157 PEDs one minute and then 107 after few minutes without me making any transactions or repairing anything, then there is something with the system. PEDs do not just dissapear, please tell me how I spent 50 PEDs at Twin Peak before being relocated to Billy's if you say I did not buy any ammo.

my name deleted

20 Feb 2007 Entropia Support:
Hello, all we know is that at no point during 9/2-07 did a trade like the one you described take place. We have searched our logs many times with the same result.
Regards,
Entropia Support

21 Feb 2007 my name deleted:
But could you please check my PED card balance on that evening? If it was around at 157 PEDs and then it drops to 107 PEDs without me spending it in any way or dropping it or giving away it to someone, then what happened to the 50 PEDs?

Again, please check my PED card balance on that evening and let me know how 50 PEDs disappeared, how it changed from 157 to 107? If there is no trade registered in your logs, do your logs show what happened with 50 PEDs? Because I do not remember trying to do with the money other than buy ammo worth 50 PEDs at a trade terminal in Twin Peaks.
Just give me a straight answer, please. Did I have 157 PEDs on my card when I was at Twin Peaks? Did I do anything with 50 PEDs while at Twin Peaks. I am sure that you have it your logs if I gave away the money, dropped them or repaired something, so please tell me, how I spent 50 PEDs in Twin Peaks so I ended up with 107 at the next log on?

my name deleted

23 Feb 2007 Entropia Support:
Hello, unfortunately we will not be able to help you with that. Our database is immense and the only way we will be able to help you is if you want us to check a specific transaction.
Regards,
Entropia Support

27 Feb 2007 my name deleted
As I said before, the Trade Terminal froze up on me on that evening after I picked ammo worth 50 PEDs and placed my PED card in the payment window and clicked "confirm". The TT window remained open and I was unable to exit the TT in any other way other than logging off from the Entropia. So there will be probably no record of the transaction because it never completed in an orderly manner. There was SOMETHING OBVIOUSLY wrong with the server because after relog, I was logged in at Billy's without the ammo but money was deducted from my PED card as if the transaction at Twin Peaks was completed.
And I do not believe it is so difficult to check my PED card balance a few minutes before the log off at Twin Peaks and then at the first log in after that. My log off was caused by the Trade Terminal malfunction, so you only have to check a few minutes prior to the log off and then first log in at Billy's. Does not it strike you as oddd that I logged off at Twin Peaks but logged back in at Billy's? If the Twin Peaks server went down and I had to be moved someplace else, isn't it possible that some information has not been synchronized properly? I think it is exaclty what happened: the Twin Peaks server went down at the same momemnt I was trying to buy ammo at TT, yu kicked me to Billy's but the transaction info got lost in the process. I know enough about computers to be aware of such a posibility.

my name deleted

27 Feb 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
We do understand your frustration in this matter, but the EULA prevents us from accepting liability for participant expenses or losses that may arise from the use of the Entropia Universe.

MindArk is constantly working on maintaining a stable system. On rare occasions, issues that affect system performance may occur. These issues are due to technical reasons that are both unexpected and unavoidable.

Regards,
Entropia Support

The above is a message exchange between me and the MA support. They clearly refuse to explain the missing PEDs issue even though it was obviously some server issue. And then they throw EULA back at my face! I am glad it was "only" 50 PEDs, not 500 or 5000 because I would have been screwed royally.
The above made me make sure that I will never, ever deposit any money. With PEDs dissapearing into thin air and MA is not willing to investigate fully, it is just plain stupid to hold any serious amounts on PED cards.

Lukan

P.S.

I had a thread going about this issue a few weeks ago but it is gone, as if it never posted. I am curious how long this post will last.

Last edited:
horrible news! i wouldn't think this would be very hard to track down, given that (i believe) you stated an approximate time and it also seems fairly obvious that a server went down while you were attemting a transaction =( sorry to hear you got screwed over royally =(( (well, 50 ped royal-ishly)

dam that sux.....imagine if they allow this to slip with one of the ubers....how many k's of peds would that amount to..... that really sux tho sry to here it

that really sucks :(

But since they only can help you with info on a specific trade, ask for the ped balance on your card after you sold your stuff to TT, thats a specific trade, and will tell if you really had 157 peds on your card, also ask all info on the next trade they have registered on you, between the two of those it should clearly show if there is 50 peds missing.

Sorry for my broken English :)

that really sucks :(

But since they only can help you with info on a specific trade, ask for the ped balance on your card after you sold your stuff to TT, thats a specific trade, and will tell if you really had 157 peds on your card, also ask all info on the next trade they have registered on you, between the two of those it should clearly show if there is 50 peds missing.

Sorry for my broken English :)

good idea :)

and, as usual, what broken English? ;P

I did ask for them to check the logs for a few minutes before my logging off at Twin Peaks and reappearing at Billy's because I did manage to sell some stuff to the TT, it got my balance up to 157 PEDs and then I thought for about a minute what should I buy and decided on ammo, entered the TT, picked 50 PED worth of ammo, placed my PED card in the payment window and you know the rest.

See, they are not willing to confirm that I had 157 PEDs on my card before entering the TT to buy ammo and then somehow I ended in another town with 50 PEDs less on card. They do not want to confirm that I had 157 PEDs on my card at Twin and then suddenly I have 107 PEDs at Billys after trying to use TT.

I do not believe it is very difficult to check, IT HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE IN THEIR FRIGGING LOGS. They just do not want to admit that there was something wrong with the servers at that time and try to blame it all on me. And even if they admitted that the server issue caused my loss, then there is EULA that states they assume no responsibility, which basically means: "We can rob you off clean and there is nothing you can do to us"

If they told me something along:"Dude, we checked and you dropped 50 PEDs on the floor and such and such avatars picked the money up, sorry, nothing we can do about" then I would smack myself in the head and apologized to MA for the trouble of searching.

BUT THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE MONEY (OR AMMO) HAD GONE, they offered no explanaition and showed complete unwillignes to trully solve the issue. I think they can easiily see that 50 PEDs vaporized somewhere due to that server crash but they just will not admit it.

That is it folks, I vented off some steam. For all it is worth, MA won't see me logging in anytime soon and even then, I WILL NOT DEPOSIT a single penny.

Lukan

This is not the first time I've heard about this happening.It happened to a friend of mine with the same type of reply the whole blah,blah EULA .Sorry to hear it happened again.

Hmm sounds like MA really screwed you over. I don't blame you for not depositing. This is truly a strikenly solid example of how a company like MA could skam you out of everything you have because "they own it" and walk away with no worries whatsoever of punishment due to their EULA agreement's circumstances. Sorry to hear about the ped loss, and best of luck to you in your future endevours.

BTW I had 17 PEC (all that was on my account) misteriousley dissapear the other day too, but didn't care much because well... it is only 17 PEC. So, not much of a big deal in comparison to your case

Your enocounter is solid evidence that MA can play any one of us entropians like a puppet if they really want to.

Huge -rep to MA over this

I hope they at least throw you a global in the near future to make up for the incident.

This is not the first time I've heard about this happening.It happened to a friend of mine with the same type of reply the whole blah,blah EULA .Sorry to hear it happened again.

JW, thank you for confirming I am not crazy and it was not all in my head only.

Lukan

JulzD>> Yeah, they really screwed him over. I bet all my PEDs that they planned that server-crash just to get his 50 PEDs!!! :scratch2:

Lukan>> Please do as silver viking said...

Do not ask for the PED balance before the trade, since they said that they cant check it. Instead... Ask for the PED-balance after the trade where you TTed your loot. They will most likely find that...

JulzD>> Yeah, they really screwed him over. I bet all my PEDs that they planned that server-crash just to get his 50 PEDs!!! :scratch2:

Lukan>> Please do as silver viking said...

Do not ask for the PED balance before the trade, since they said that they cant check it. Instead... Ask for the PED-balance after the trade where you TTed your loot. They will most likely find that...

I didn't say they did. I said they could. Nothing more - Nothing Less.

Hi,
did you scroll down in your inventory? Something like that happened to me too and my ammo was all the way down in my inventory. Did you look at your storage? Once a server went down and i logged in at another server but my armor was gone. I found it in my storage :laugh:.

But MA said that there was no trade so i dunno if you'll find it in your inventory/storage

28 Feb 2007 Entropia Support:

In light of this unfortunate incident we are referring this case to our financial compensation adjusters, the respected firm of Dewey, Fukem & Howe. Please send all further correspondences to Bendova.N.Takit@DFH.com

Regards,
Entropia Support

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just two comments:

The name of that law firm is, Dewey, Cheatham & Howe. I'm not sure where you got your information, Mr. SB2...

Also, Silver Vikings English is very, very good.

Carry on...
Donald

Just two comments:

The name of that law firm is, Dewey, Cheatham & Howe. I'm not sure where you got your information, Mr. SB2...

Also, Silver Vikings English is very, very good.

Carry on...
Donald

Donald,

DC&H is a well respected legal firm with a long history, DF&H specializes in compensatory packages & refunds...:D

...and I agree Silver Viking's english is very, very good...

I have never heard nor experienced a failure in the Trade Terminal. Nothing a few relogs can't fix. Ever.

As far as my experiences are concerened, the TT is flawless. Its gotta be. They just can't wait for someone to TT off their Mod fap :laugh:

LOL, this is getting way off topic :laugh:

tnx for the coment on my English :ahh:

I know that most off my post are fairly easy to understand, and I do my best to write correct , and most of the time I manage to do that, but....
since most of my writing is fairly good, I am sure there are someone out there just waiting for me do f**k up, and then the hammer comes down :eek:
seen it happen many times, so my little coment in the end of some of my posts is just to take away the little happiness the language police in this forum might happen to find in one of my post :rolleyes:
not that funny to bash someone who already have said that they are sorry ;)

But now, please stay on topic, if there are more people that have opinions on my english, make a new tread in the test forum or something ( J/K )

Please dont get me wrong, I love to hear that my English is good, but not in someone elses tread

And again...... sorry for my broken English :)

MA is going to run BANKS!!!!!:jawdrop: :holyshit:

WTF OMG!!!! WHO WILL USE THE BANKS ?:eek: :confused: :mad:

It has happened to me too.

The same thing has happened to me and I got the same generic reply from support they have sent out on other issues too. "Sorry, blah, blah, blah, sucks to be you. We try to do our best, blah, blah, blah" I gave them all the info I could including time, where, and what the transaction was with no compensation. I hate to sound like them but good luck.

:mad:

Its unfortunate but due to what i believe is 'lag' from the economy server/DB its going to happen. Ma is right, from their standpoint the logs will not show you actually made the trade in the tt. You most likely ended up making the ped 'trade' in que, waiting the transaction in the database. Its going to be hard for MA to track this down, its not rampid but it does happen :( A lot of people have had the same thing happen, this isnt TT related but rather another issue with the database only being synced every 5,10 or 15 minutes, whatever it is:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49304

I can see them not tracking down every 100 ped but when the banks come and someone's mod fap goes poof, it wont be pretty. "sorry, our logs indicate you dropped it on the ground in Hades!"

Back