Guide to "Skill Increase Bonus" on weapons

Status

Solaris

Elite
Society
Perseus
Robin Solaris
Update 12. september 2008

These graphics are ment as a help to all newer players. A help to understand how the Skill Increase Bonus (SIB) works with weapons.

First a couple of charts showing at what level the learning period and skill bonus kicks in. Changing weapons at the correct levels will make your initial skill progress from 0 - 3000 relatively fast. (At least so we think!) Enjoy!
sniper_weap_chart8.jpg

--------------------------------​
pistoleer_weap_chart13_958108.jpg

melee_weapon_chart7.jpg

support_weap_chart4_571646.jpg

Learning Period
When you click the weapon's info screen, the SIB will show a number for the recommended level of using the weapon. From this level and up is the "learning period" active.
gun_infoscreen.jpg

Professional Standing
[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/0/9/4/prof_book_818336.jpg[/wrap][wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/0/9/4/star.jpg[/wrap]Look at all of your professional standings and their current levels, using your Actions Book ingame (hit "X"). In this book you find the star-symbol to gain access to the Professional Standings overview. Professional standings relate to the skills you aquire when acting in Entropia. All skills relate to sertain professions, and all skills add to your levels with different impact. For a complete view of all skills and their impact, take a view of this page in PE-Wiki.

The Professional Standings window will look something like this:
prof_stand_741958.jpg

As a hint to compare your skills with the professional level, use your related combatskills divided with 100. Are you a level 15 pistoleer, indicates you have average 1500 skills related to handguns.

Max'ing out a weapon
All weapons bought from Trade Terminals as well as Limited weapons, have SIB within a definite range of your personal skill-level. They give you a faster skill increase as long as your skills are too low to use the weapon at maximum capability*

* No test results have yet been able to confirm this statement

As soon as you have the weapon at maximum use (Hit and Damage = 100%), the skill bonus will stop, and you may enjoy the weapon's full power. On which level this happens, is different from each weapon. Some jumps to maximum very fast, some are slower in progress.

Complete charts of information
www.entropiawiki.com is the place to find exact information about the range of SIB. It is also possible to add information in the Wiki about when the SIB stops.

:>

Last edited:
that is really nice work, man.

any such plans to create graphic to help out laser pistoleers?

or is there no such hiarchy on breer p1a-p5a and what not?

oops, my dial up hadn't loaded that yet, haha, sorry.

great work, really, overall. thanks for your time on it.

Looks sweet!:)

Great job, +rep :)

Korss 380 and Korss 400 are so close, but the difference between them is twice the power (dmg/sec).

U must spread some reputation before giving it to Solaris again.

Well done indeed, TY!

Bump and +rep

This one should be sticky.
Maybe MA will introduce better laser handguns soon. but it obviously looks like a mistake. So much rifle "things" and none hg?

Absolutely wonderful work mate ... +rep

Beautifully designed Solaris, good job!

Please mention that the professional standing can be clearly seen in-game, though. There are still a lot of people looking at skills and guessing the pro standing level when there's no reason to -- especially the players who were around when the new window with pro standings was added because it wasn't automatically mapped to a key and is only found in the actions book.

For those who don't know yet, it is on the System page of the actions book ('x') and looks like this:
2007-PE-Professions-icon.png

And for detail about which skills contribute to those four (Hit) professions and how much here are links to the wiki:
Laser sniper
BLP Sniper
Laser Pistoleer
BLP Pistoleer

The (Dmg) professions are here:
Ranged Laser (Dmg)
Ranged BLP (Dmg)

The "Skill effect" column in the table at the bottom is the percentage contribution each skill makes to the professional standing.

Last edited:
Really nice :) It's a Svempa T15 though not an Emik T15 in the pistol chart i think... Had me rushing to the wiki to check what loots it at first :laugh:

Fantastic charts, well done and +rep. :)

Fantastic, Great info:yay:

Nice guide, well done.

BTW doer, I was just reading what you wrote in the damage profession. You say the damage on SIB weapons go from 25%-50% to 50%-100%.

Is 25-50% also before the SIB period? And does the damage increase linear as your profession goes up? (so at 90% of the sib, the damage you do would be 47.5%-95%).

It seems I did not implement this correctly in the "personalized weaponchart" on wiki :scratch2:

Nice guide, well done.

BTW doer, I was just reading what you wrote in the damage profession. You say the damage on SIB weapons go from 25%-50% to 50%-100%.

Is 25-50% also before the SIB period? And does the damage increase linear as your profession goes up? (so at 90% of the sib, the damage you do would be 47.5%-95%).

It seems I did not implement this correctly in the "personalized weaponchart" on wiki :scratch2:

Oops. I think that part is actually wrong. :ahh: It has been a long, long time since i had a SIB that i could check, but now that you mention it i think the damage on them is actually a change in min and max damage such that the average does increase somewhat but not the same way that the conventional weapons work. I will change the way it is worded until someone can check more carefully.

That's a nice chart, +rep!

Beautifully designed Solaris, good job!

Please mention that the professional standing can be clearly seen in-game, though.

An extra paragraph added to the guide. Thank you :)

Really nice :) It's a Svempa T15 though not an Emik T15 in the pistol chart i think... Had me rushing to the wiki to check what loots it at first :laugh:

Sorry - my mistake. Too many little lookalikes in this game ;)
Error corrected now.

Last edited:
awsome work,+rep deserved

Updated on a few things, adding a few images, correcting a few errors.

New section with info about weaponscreen and professional standings.

Guide complete now I think...
..at least untill MA changes something again.

Enjoy :)

Very useful, nice one bud :)

great work + rep. love the arrow for X5 :D

Thank you for spending so much time doing this, I had no idea of any of this until someone mentioned it ingame and walked me through it when I started, so new players will be off to a flying start thanks to this.
It's important info.
+rep of course. :)

t

good job!
very useful, ty :)
+rep coming

Very very very good job.

Question.
Is it tested so that you gain faster skills with a wepon that is not maxed out?
I have used a M2a now for a while since it has the best eco together with the 102 amp. And I haven't seen any changes in skill gains after I maxed it out. But if someone had made that test after the vu change and got a graph or so I think I might need a change of gun :)

Thanks for the chart.

I don’t have any hard info on that Silvernight, but from what I have seen once a weapon is maxed the skills come much slower. I have maxed the m2a m3a and its obvious to me when I play that its time for a new rifle. I’m looking everywhere for a UL2 right now- im not quite there on the M4a.
When I switch to my pistol- green skill chat all over- but once i go back to the maxed out breer only a few skills every 3rd or 4th shot.

What about plasma weapons?

Somehow I totally forgot to add the Breer M4a to the graphics though it was perfectly clear on my notepad :ahh:

Well, error corrected now.

Breer M4a with SIB at 12.4 laser sniper levels added - as if there where not already enough laser rifles in that area ;)

I do hope the chart dont get to smuschy with all those close graphics...

And thx a lot for all the response - much appreciated!
If you all help spreading the word about the SIB to new players, they will hopefully find it a bit easier and less expensive to start up.

Yesterday I met a newbee who used Ewe-22 with amp103. His hitability was 0.5/10. Need I say more?

What about plasma weapons?
I dont think I have seen any plasma guns with SIB yet?

lol i was just going to ask you about the M4:)
quite a bottle neck there isnt it.

as far as plasma goes the Willard Heatray A (L) and B are the only sib plasma
weapons i have seen in the charts.

The Willard Heatray (L) pistols are. And they are rubbish! :laugh:

Status
Back