Guide to "Skill Increase Bonus" on weapons

Status
I dont think there are any actuall tests in this, so far its just something people have experienced. An example: I gained ~380 levels in clubs when using a 182 club with SIB. (avarage ~2 levels a ped) After that I tried a 68 PED mace with no SIB and gained ~100 levels (avarage ~1,5 level a ped).

One thing for sure: the SIB is not high enough to make up for poor economy using a weapon. I collected skillgains every K of ammo before and after maxing the opalo. I alternated Ks shooting with the maxed opalo and the M1a (which was about 33% less economic since it did about the same damage with 3 ammo as the opalo did with 2).

In the tests, skillgains with the M1a were about 2/3 of those with the opalo on the same amount of ammo. After about 8K worth of tests, I put the M1a away until it was at about 80% max damage and HA. At that point my skillgains were about the same as the opalo.

I dont think there are any actuall tests in this, so far its just something people have experienced. An example: I gained ~380 levels in clubs when using a 182 club with SIB. (avarage ~2 levels a ped) After that I tried a 68 PED mace with no SIB and gained ~100 levels (avarage ~1,5 level a ped).

I know this is kinda flawed data, because at 380 levels, skillgains are probably already slower. Plus I am not sure how long exactly I was in the SIB. Another thing, I used the club on ambus and beries, while I used the mace on tantillions (which are known as the skillmob)

A nice test would be 10 fresh noob avatars, all shooting 100 PED on the same mob, 5 using opalo, and 5 using a jester. Then compare the difference. But untill then, I think we just have to trust MA :eek:

One thing to remember is that missed shots doesn't gain skills. And there is plenty more misses with regular guns unless you have 10/10.

One thing for sure: the SIB is not high enough to make up for poor economy using a weapon. I collected skillgains every K of ammo before and after maxing the opalo. I alternated Ks shooting with the maxed opalo and the M1a (which was about 33% less economic since it did about the same damage with 3 ammo as the opalo did with 2).

In the tests, skillgains with the M1a were about 2/3 of those with the opalo on the same amount of ammo. After about 8K worth of tests, I put the M1a away until it was at about 80% max damage and HA. At that point my skillgains were about the same as the opalo.

Yup, this is a good point. The SIB is probably usefull from about 7-8 HA and 70-80% damage from a cost perspective.

One thing to remember is that missed shots doesn't gain skills. And there is plenty more misses with regular guns unless you have 10/10.

Missed shots also give skill, as long as you aim at a target.

Yes sometimes you get a skillmessage when you miss, not very often though.

Thats because you dont have a SIB on weapons you miss alot with :laugh:

Missed shots also give skill, as long as you aim at a target.

I've always attributed this to shots that hit but the damage gets sucked into the netherworlds due to lag. It seems to happen much more often with ranged weapons than with melee.

Consider that you never get defensive skills if the mob hits you.

Ofc if you compare it to mining, you often get skills for non-finds.

I've always attributed this to shots that hit but the damage gets sucked into the netherworlds due to lag. It seems to happen much more often with ranged weapons than with melee.

It's easy to notice when shooting at a mob slightly out of range on a weapon that doesn't have maxed range. Basically any time you get a roll against your hit professional standing you have a chance of gaining skills from it, regardless of whether it succeeds or fails. To be honest i haven't noticed if the same is true for defensive skills because i usually have multiple mobs on me when i get those skillgains.

wow, great guide,
kudos to you!!!!

Okay so I went out with these low end guns up against some big mobs. I had tons of hits but very few skill gain notices. But it seemed when i skille don some lower end mobs I saw more notices. Has anyone else noticed this or do I have bad luck?

Okay so I went out with these low end guns up against some big mobs. I had tons of hits but very few skill gain notices. But it seemed when i skille don some lower end mobs I saw more notices. Has anyone else noticed this or do I have bad luck?

Every time you kill a mob you have a chance of getting a "kill bonus" much like a skill loot. So, yes, that's the way it works: small mobs give more skills.

Every time you kill a mob you have a chance of getting a "kill bonus" much like a skill loot. So, yes, that's the way it works: small mobs give more skills.

Hmm only when you kill interesting. I'll have to watch more closely I could swear I got upgrades during a fight and not jsut once killed.

this stuff should be sticky.

:)

Hmm only when you kill interesting. I'll have to watch more closely I could swear I got upgrades during a fight and not jsut once killed.

Like Doer stated; upon a kill you get a "bonus" to your skillgain. This dont mean that you only skill up upon a kill, and not even every time you kill.

The thing you need to understand is, that noone here except MA knows exactly how the skill-gain works. We have some idea about it after comprehensive testings during 5 years, but to say that killing a sertain mob with a sertain gun will give you so and so many skills, is just not going to happen. At least not untill some MA-programmer start spilling out the codes.

I can only pass on the best advice I ever got. It worked for me as well as dusins of my ingame friends and disciples:

For best and cheapest skillgain hunt with SIB and always hunt mobs at your level.

The last part simply means, that you should hunt snabels, exa's and daikibas untill you feel they dont give many skills anymore. Then you head towards a bigger mob and VuPtI! The skills start rolling again :)

(For your information I can tell you, that I am now able to kill 10 Daikiba youngs without one green skill-line in the chatbox. Hence Im killing Trox, Feffs and Bots).

That is a great point!
so...
where is the chart that tells us what to hunt at each level lol:)

Yes it's all quite confusing.

But okay so you can get skill ups during the fight as well as after it good to know i'm not terribly insane then.

As to mobs and weapons /me shrugs
Guess i'll just have to pay more attention if i really want to know more.
Probably taking a long in depth look at my skills will help out to.

Extremely nice looking graphics :thumbup:

Good and needed info for all newbees as well as hunters with <3k skills.

Sticky this!

:yay: nice graphic!!

Not to be a pain, but is there anything the other way around?

I mean, when I see a carbine ( rifle ) with SIB NEVER I want to know when its gonna change to YES, at what skill lvl...

Does anyone know where I can find that? Or does anyone have any exp in this.

Do be exact im now bit over 2K rifle skill, but trough weapon tool, it seems opallo outbacko seems to be the most eco gun, I know very low weapon, like opallo, but fast and and low decay. I just hate the slow breer weapons, maxed out ( not 4 ) and L !

Jester D1, outbacko, ... but also other rifles ( carbines ) who knows when the SIB will be activated for me?

TYVM

Never means "Not ever"

So, when it sais never, you will never get a SIB.

Great work on this chart Solaris! +Rep!

I will sticky this thread in the Hunting forum for a while.

Some more data for MF:

NB level 1 to 3 has no SIB. Level 4 and up do have a SIB. It very much looks like the SIB ends at level 100 in both damage and HA.

The recommended level on a moderate NB chip is 3.5 and its max damage is 39. My level is ~4.8 psychotropian(hit) and ~27.4 psychotropian(dmg)

So to see my progress on this chip:
Hit: 4.8 - 3.5 = 1.3
Damage: 27.4 - 3.5 = 23.9

So theoretically, I would end up with the following interfalls:

HA = 3 + (1.3/96.5)*100 = 3.13 ~ 3.1
CHA = sqrt (10 * (1.3/96.5)*10) = 1.16 ~ 1.2
Mindmg: (39/4)*(23.9/96/5) + (39/4) = 12.16 ~ 12.2
Maxdmg: (39/2)*(23.9/96.5)+ (39/2) = 24.32 ~ 24.3

I checked these values with the ingame stats, and they were all correct. So I think it is safe to say the SIB end at 100 for these chips. This makes the dmg/pec on the chips totaly TERRIBLE btw, even when ME was at TT. But I guess we already knew this ;).

Hi Solaris

I prefer repying in your post than my anchient thread .. you have been much more successful anyway with collecting the right data.. great Charts. Keep up the good work!

CHeers
LeeLoo

any chance you'll make one for Melee weapons?

Well if the pe wiki is right here's the stats for long bloades. (Seems a bit out of order to me) the two before the one? I'm betting the ones first then the 2 then the 3.

Name Rec-Max
Castorian Combat EnBlade-A 0-5
Loughlin Cutter One (L) 0.9-4.9
Loughlin Cutter Two (L) 4.6-??
Loughlin Cutter Three (L) 6-??
Embra Laser Sword C1 (L) 7-??
Nano Katana (L) 18-??
Nano Dai-Katana (L) 19-??

So without knowing the ??

I guess you want to use the enblade -a till you reach the cutter two more than likely.

I'll see if i can get the maxes later today.

Last edited:
I will be making a Melee chart shortly. Shortblades on one side, longblades on another.

Updates will be posted.

Excited to hear from anybody who can help filling in the blanks, for which level the SIB ends on all these weapons :)

Well as i'm skilling long blades i'd be happy to help out especially if you can find me some one i can get teh blades at tt cost for.

I'll look up how far I am and get back to you.

I'm at longblades 1069 and longblades dmg and hit at level 5
I'm using a loughlin cutter one (l) right now. As the 4.9 is not accurate for fully maxed.

I guess if you can exsplain to me how your system is set up and what I should be looking for I can get you the data as i skill up.

Last edited:
Its pretty simple really: The SIB weapons all state at which level the SIB will start. What we need is the level when the SIB stop (weapon at maximum usage).

Like you already found out, Loughlin1 start at 0.9 level (one handed clubber). The minute you get the text "not anymore learningperiod" on the blade, is also the time when the SIB stops and when you should note the exact level you are on.

If this be 4.9, then this number may be entered in the Wiki data for this weapon.

At the moment the Wiki-data for Loughlin1 states that the SIB begins at level 0. If you find evidence that it is in fact level 0.9, then you are welcome to correct the data, adding a description of your evidence.

As you work your way up using blades, it is highly usefull to keep an eye on all the other weapons, to see if any of them should max out too in your progress. (we all know that you can gain a new level in face sculpturer, by using a handgun) :laugh:

Its pretty simple really: The SIB weapons all state at which level the SIB will start. What we need is the level when the SIB stop (weapon at maximum usage).

Like you already found out, Loughlin1 start at 0.9 level (one handed clubber). The minute you get the text "not anymore learningperiod" on the blade, is also the time when the SIB stops and when you should note the exact level you are on.

If this be 4.9, then this number may be entered in the Wiki data for this weapon.

At the moment the Wiki-data for Loughlin1 states that the SIB begins at level 0. If you find evidence that it is in fact level 0.9, then you are welcome to correct the data, adding a description of your evidence.

As you work your way up using blades, it is highly usefull to keep an eye on all the other weapons, to see if any of them should max out too in your progress. (we all know that you can gain a new level in face sculpturer, by using a handgun) :laugh:

I'll double check when i get home the two and one.

But I'm at level 5 or 6 in two parts of long blades.
and the one is not maxed. but i can use a two i belive and learning has started. I'll verify.

Nice Chart
I am new to the game and knowing that im going to be a hunter this chart really helped me out thanks

Status
Back