Possible Gallery?

Downwrdspiral Spiiral Killix
Bids are going to start low. Just TT+80 (to cover my costs) and go from there.

What would you guys think about me holding a gallery of exclusive one of a kind artwork, 3 paintings total (1 copy of each will be made and thats it). The content of the paintings will remain a mystery until the day of the gallery. Im wanting it to be a live auction as well, only unvailing one painting at a time until a buyer is reached. Just wanting to take a look? That's fine with me, I want this to be a friendly event where people can discuss art and its roll in Entropia and art in general.

I got this idea from Ido and some of the things he's said he has done. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Everyone is invited, but I need to know that there will be people looking to buy there as well. So if you are interested, please let me know.

Comments, Idea's, Suggestion's, Concerns?

mystery.jpg
mystery.jpg
mystery.jpg

Last edited:
I have some thoughts on this matter, both positive and the other not so positive. ;)

To begin, never use markup on art. TT+80 might sound pretty descent, but what about the TT? 112 ped or so TT on sign which people will never have any practical use for. Better go with total price which is already done with furniture and decorations.

The rest of the idea is very nice, although you're taking a big risk here if you're only looking to sell art and not just to share it. I had a couple of private art viewings in my gallery for instance and that idea backfired with a couple of visitors the first time and no one the second. The second time was understandable though since Ido had a gallery event that same day at the same time. :laugh:

What I'm trying to say is that Ido was the first (not counting Tidesong) artist in EU and is seen as the biggest thing just after Jorael (which is held back by not yet having an ingame gallery). You can't expect to gain the same popularity and attending numbers as Ido by hosting a gallery of your own.

I do wish you the best of luck however and I would love to attend and maybe have a couple pieces there of my own there to give a helping hand. ;)

:) Hi Downspiral

I dont know if you know (i think i should make a thread about this) but i invite ALL paricipan artist to exhibit and auction their art at my gallery... exhibitions will usualy last 2 weeks with an ending auction... some of the artists already booked with me time and space at my gallery and you are welcome to do so too :)

The gallery offers to all artists it hosts:

- exhibition space for 2 weeks
- a exhibition vernissage event
- advertisements made on the forum about it
- possible auctioning of the art
- creating a catalogue for the auction (look here)
- and providing space and a auctioneer to run the auction event

Please contact me if you would be interested in hosting your art at my gallery

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Back