Status

Svetlana

Poster Girl
Society
The Jaded Crown
Ragnarok Svetlana Valhalla
... that is the question ;)

To all my dear fellow Calypsans....
What are your auto-clicking views? It seems I know so many ppl that utilize an auto-clicker in game. Some use it only ocassionally when extracting in mining, some use it in the ring when skilling, and yet others use it overnight to skill up.
Personally, I do not use an auto-clicker. Partially, this is out of my deep almost God-fearing apprehension that MA would track me down one fine day and ban my account (yes I was raised Catholic ... what do u expect?!?!? :laugh: ). The other reason is because I do not care for what I call "exploiting" auto-clickers... that is, taking up multiple mobs at once, thus affecting spawning and other players.
But, what about auto-clicking a single, small mob that spawns enough as it is? Is it right? Is it wrong? Or in the ring? Or mining?
Aside from what Marco says, I want to hear what the community THINKS.

Discuss, debate... etc... and thx for your views in advance

I think at some point mindark's patence will be stretched thin enough with autoclickers and they'll start banning for them. They're abuseive to the system, your online more useing more resources, etc.. And they can be used to abuse exploits (like people used them with box coloring and bleaching).

So basicly its a calculated risk, is mindark going to draw the line or not while your useing it. Your call. I personally won't.

I believe that MA implemented a feature that if you are IDLE for more then a certain ammount of time you get D/C. Does using a FAP/ Extractor and not moving count as being idle? :confused:

If it isn't then maybe they should make it if you are STANDING STILL for over 30 mins then you get D/C.

P.s : I am a proud anti-autoclicker :laugh:

Everyone uses it, therefore i do. And i waste a lot of PED's doing it so MA should be glad in that way. But i do wish that they should make a statement saying that from now and further on AUTOCLICKING will cause a ban upon you.

It takes away a lot of fun and makes hard work easy, same as skillselling ruined it, but skillselling is also very positive since it highered the networth of my avatar with a LOT of peds :). Autoclickers can also be used for bad stuff...Such as exploiting, which really sux.

I follow the stream but im against it...in some way :)

If I use an autoclicker (for anything, this isn't just about PE) it is to prevent one of the several potential health-hazzards related to repeatedly clicking away with the mouse.
If one is used it is because software developers have not included an easy way to carry out a repetitive task.
If one is used I am still at the computer, I don't start it and go to sleep.

I don't often use autoclickers though, at least not as most people understand them. Being a software developer has its advantages sometimes ;)

Also yes there are methods to detect it.

Are they good?
For some things they are handy, mainly to stop your fingers falling off.

Are they bad?
Sometimes, they can be engineered to do some 'evil' things, and also to give advantages not normally available to humans. Most of the big exploits are MA's fault for allowing them though, and people abused them clicker or no clicker.

- Deathifier

Can anyone point me to a autoclicker direction?

FruSnabel said:
Everyone uses it, therefore i do. And i waste a lot of PED's doing it so MA should be glad in that way. But i do wish that they should make a statement saying that from now and further on AUTOCLICKING will cause a ban upon you.

It takes away a lot of fun and makes hard work easy, same as skillselling ruined it, but skillselling is also very positive since it highered the networth of my avatar with a LOT of peds :). Autoclickers can also be used for bad stuff...Such as exploiting, which really sux.

I follow the stream but im against it...in some way :)

Mindark has said that useing autoclickers violates the COU and therefore it is possible you can be banned.

how would that be possible? the only thing it does is clicking... so if MA doesnt wanna violate the laws and search thrue ur comp.. I cant see how they can ever find out :S
but if you say so...

anyway I think auto-clicking is lame and bla bla, but I dont want mouse arm so ... and u cant be the best player w/o using it ;P

I'm against it. I feel like you have to earn it through hard work. When you have a disability though, i don't know.. Maybe ask your irl buddy to click for you. ;)
Also against buying/selling skills. There are no shortcuts to experience. :D

I´m for it! I´ve crafted over 10000 trys on basic filters and my finger dosn´t like it. And there is no way MindArk can detect autoclickers running on our computers! They can scan our computers though but i don´t think they would like to spend an x-xx years in jail or paying loads of $$

I'm Neutral on ACs. If MA enforced its rules against using it then my views would be different. If they started now then it would be unfair because they already set a precedence.

Now..if they made an announcement like "On such a date any further use of autoclickers will lead to you being banned!" in bright bold red letters on the CLU, then it would be fair.

I don't use one because I don't think its fair,but hey thats my opinion.

Ok there is a nice little saying in this book I know. It goes " Let him who is without sin be the first to cast a stone". I have seen so many peeps expliot the game in one form or another. I am no different. We all look for the breaks when we can get them. As a noob you sweat farmed all ya could when ya could. Then there was the occational mob stuck in the on your buddies why you shot from a distance. To wall trapping in space and the east hill at the rig the skilled players take advantage of. We all look for those breaks when we can. So if the game allows it why not. You all work hard alot why not eccept the lucky little things that happen in the game. Like making it easier to pull a vast ore deposit. You already got it why wear your hands out drilling it. Or that little more perception off the auction guy when you have no ammo to hunt. Its all in the untimate goal to be better players and to get that little edge over the next person or mob.. I think any little help you can get is a good thing as long as you are not hurting anyone else. But like in real life those who can do, do. And those who cant do, do without.

Smiley insertion for better reputation return :)

Cindywood said:
how would that be possible? the only thing it does is clicking... so if MA doesnt wanna violate the laws and search thrue ur comp.. I cant see how they can ever find out :S
but if you say so...

anyway I think auto-clicking is lame and bla bla, but I dont want mouse arm so ... and u cant be the best player w/o using it ;P

MindArk is within their legal right to search your memory space for any code they want. Simply "is memory address X equal to Y?" and your client responds YES or NO. Would do the trick to detect any of the commonly used "auto-it" type programs. Also they can do things like measureing the click intervals, since most autoclicker programs (and hardware) will not randomly change click time. So if your clicks are mechanical and exactly the same time between, high likelyhood your a autoclicker. ;-)

They can also spawn a Community Rep right beside you in-game and ask you a question, or PM you. If you don't respond your probably autoclicking.

If mindark wanted too they could detect and ban for autoclickers, no doubt about it.

Muppis said:
I´m for it! I´ve crafted over 10000 trys on basic filters and my finger dosn´t like it. And there is no way MindArk can detect autoclickers running on our computers! They can scan our computers though but i don´t think they would like to spend an x-xx years in jail or paying loads of $$

Your wrong, they can scan your active memory for programs running. It is in the COU you agree too that you can't run third-party programs, and therefore your granting mindark the right to examine your computer for said programs. And if its not clear enough they can always explicitly declare in the COU that they'll search your computer/memory for hacks.

So yes it is 100% completely legal for a game company your connecting too on the internet to examine your computer (memory) for programs they don't want you to run. Plus there are other methods to detect hardware autoclickers..

Ok here is my swollen clicking-finger:
swollen.JPG

booey. :( Im a FREAK! :laugh:

Anyway, as some of you know, I have arthritis. (reumatism). Thats means.. well.. clicking for hours and hours isnt too gentle on my limbs. Specially not those limbs I have a inflammation in. And woha. Guess what limb have a inflammation.

To cut to the chase, Im for attended autoclicking. Unattended... naaah. Its not like I mind people doing it but Im not gonna do it myself.

Last time I discussed this is in a forum (EP) someone PM'ed me and talked me into sending a supportcase to MA about using autoclicking attended for medical reasons. Because. Well. For me to function irl I have for example special knifes, and chairs, soda-openeners, scissors and so on to adjust the enviroment to me.

It always sucks when there's something you CANT do because of some stupid disease that just sneaked up on you and knowing it will never go away.
It always sucks when people in soc or friends ask me to hunt and I gotta decline because Ive done too much clikcing allready or Im in bad shape.

Well anyway I sent supportcase:

Case 戌 History
2004-12-11:

Ok I know you have gotten this questing tons of times before, but still Im not quite certain what you mean on this issue.
The issue Im thinking of is use of autoclicker, mouseclicker or similar programs clicking the mouse for you.

Im not a fan of unattended mouseclicking, people stanind in ring, afk and sleeping while their avatars are increaing skills without them doing anything. Im not going to judge those who does, thats your job, but I just want to state that this is none of my intrest before I move on in this case to point out what I feel about autoclickers.

I have arthritis (reumatism) more exact something called Oligo Artritt (in latin) meaning my limbs dont work as they should do. My whole body is affected by this but some limbs are worse then others. One of the worse one is my second finger from the left on my right hand -thats right, the one used for clicking.

Now, I have been skilling, and hunting, and if you check how often Im online you can see Im quite comitted to this game, and therefore, well... I need my finger quite bad. Thing is, my limbs get soar and swollen when I move them rapidly, as in clicking while hunting.

In RL I have alot of adjustments to manage my day with having this disease. As you might know, its a disease that will never go away so Ill have to live with it. (Im not trying to get sympathy)

Now, to my point, as you might have guessed what is allready:
I have alot of adjustments in real life, and as long as one uses autoclicker attended, not unattended, to make it possible to enjoy the game without any pain or discomfort, will you then accept the use of it?

2004-12-22 MindArk Support:
Auto clicking software is not endorsed by MA and if anyone is found violating the Conditions of Use, actions will of course be taken.
/Regards

note: I hope if you reply to this you dont "aww" or sympathise me. I get enuff of that from old ladies irl. Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Autoclickers have the ability to give players an advantage over honest, hardworking ones, and therefore I am against (and do not use) them.

I don't really have anything against autoclickers, I've used them myself.
It's just a pain in the ass to extract a huge oil/lyst/... manually, so therefor i prefer using an autoclicker :)

Attended is ok in my book. What i think should happen though is that they should completely ban them but instead implement autoclicking in a way simply for the medical reason. have it so that you can't say auto fap but an auto-fire attachement would be kewl where you would HOLD DOWN your mouse button so you would have to be attended. And the same for crafting. Because as it seems to me do do any good at crafting you have to do like 1000's rounds at a time and that just hurts my fingers that get enough of a work out at work.

RexDameon said:
Attended is ok in my book. What i think should happen though is that they should completely ban them but instead implement autoclicking in a way simply for the medical reason. have it so that you can't say auto fap but an auto-fire attachement would be kewl where you would HOLD DOWN your mouse button so you would have to be attended. And the same for crafting. Because as it seems to me do do any good at crafting you have to do like 1000's rounds at a time and that just hurts my fingers that get enough of a work out at work.

Yea I think so too! :)
but.. hold down? Thats not that much better really. Well a little but.
How about it needs to detect movement? like, just move around your mouse every 5 minutes if you are crafting or mining. If your hunting you still have to steer the avatar so it will always detect moving and that way know your there.

I've never used any autoclickers, as my skills might suggest, but i fail to see the problem here.

Has anyone ever been locked for using an autoclicker?
Has an MA representative ever said they will lock you for using an autoclicker?

Its a non-existing problem, and there is no point in discussing it any further imo. After all, MA's source of income is proportional to the amount of 'clicks' made in game, and it would make no sense for them to lock players for pumping money into their bank accounts.

Autoclickers are basically just like cruise control on an automatic car right?

There are many beneficial reasons to use them - I think primarily to remove repetetive strain, after all we seek to use macros in all sorts of applications.

:wise: Perhaps Mindark should employ the philosophy of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. How about if Mindark sold their own autoclickers? - I know I would'nt mind paying a reasonable amount for an official Mindark autoclicker.

Nicko said:
Has anyone ever been locked for using an autoclicker?
Has an MA representative ever said they will lock you for using an autoclicker?

PE Conditions of Use said:
The Participant [also] agrees not to hack into or interfere with any data communication to or from the Project Entropia servers, clients, and systems, as well as not to use any other software than the Project Entropia client to interpret or influence data sent to or from the Project Entropia server and client systems. The participant also agrees upon not using any third party software or equipment that influences Project Entropia in any way.
You may get locked and banned for using third party software influencing Project Entropia, thus autoclickers.

However, you do waste money when you are using autoclickers, so I'm not sure.

Machman said:
:wise: Perhaps Mindark should employ the philosophy of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. How about if Mindark sold their own autoclickers? - I know I would'nt mind paying a reasonable amount for an official Mindark autoclicker.
I would definitely second that, Machman :)

Last edited:
"The Participant [also] agrees not to hack into or interfere with any data communication to or from the Project Entropia servers, clients, and systems, as well as not to use any other software than the Project Entropia client to interpret or influence data sent to or from the Project Entropia server and client systems. The participant also agrees upon not using any third party software or equipment that influences Project Entropia in any way."

I think this is just a clause they put in there to reserve the right to prohibit people from using exploits. Personally, I think the sounds in PE is very annoying which is why i have them turned off while having winamp cycle through a playlist in the background. However, it would never occure to me to send a support question asking if I could infact use winamp while playing PE on my own personal computer. Just use common sense, dont use programs that stores the packets sent from the PE server in order to analyze them later.

Yes, personally I have used autoclickers myself, but I made sure I was within reach of my computers while I do this, this is to ensure MA doesn't sneak up on me and catch me red handed and if anything faulty is to occur, I'd be there to save my character. This isn't too bad neither, I can enjoy my TV time and do any necessary homework while my thirdarm is mindlessly clicking away and giving MA more decay to eat

Like many here have said, I do not have a problem with attended autoclicking. I myself have never, and will never use one because of the possibility of being banned. I have too much real $$ invested to take the chance.

DD
:evilking:

I am a user of Auto Clickers, why?

To put it plainly I do not like the idea of hurting my wrists and hands through repetetive motion just to complete a task within a game, because in a day to day basis I am already relying on my hands for communication. And any injuries that I mayve received to my wrists/hands through a game or by other means are then compounded as time goes on. The problem being when you are constantly using your hands, they have little time to heal so as a result this injury takes even longer to heal, increasing discomfort and the potential that lasting damage would remain.

Additionally I enjoy the use of autoclickers, because Im able to do other things, be it chat with other people through irc on my nearby computer, or even other things such as getting food, or doing some things around the house.

Muppis said:
And there is no way MindArk can detect autoclickers running on our computers!
I have to disagree with this, Muppis. There is an easy way to do so. Repetitiveness can easily be tracked by a few more codelines in the core program.

If they don't care about autoclickers, this is probably because autoclickers are unlikely to harm their business and bring them more profit.

EDIT : My browser went nuts and displayed the first page, sorry if this reply doesn't make sense. :laugh:

Last edited:
I have no idea what your talking about :confused:
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Faustian said:

Do you ever have any idea whats going on :rolleyes: :p

Faustian said:
JACK-O.jpg

No more for you my friend.