Hair Style Names

Smart

Provider
KingJ
I haven't been able to track down any consistent names for hair styles, different stylists have different names for them. Is anyone able to provide a list of styles and then we could all follow that? It would greatly lessen customer confusion about Hair Styles too by standardising the names.

(P.S, i'm new to hair styling :p )

Sound cool. Btw, Ido already gave some name to the style he has, so i use the same as he.
Tho, my english is not good enough to find a name to describe the 4 styles i have more than him (except for the thin mohawk).

And welcome in the Hairstylist profession :)

I find it really hard to name the styles...

since im not a native english speaker most of the time i have no idea there is a name for the style :p i sometimes aske the americans or british people to help me out ... and somentimes just invent a name :D or name it after somone that was very very very nice to me (winks at Mootz)

Anyway the names are on my website
http://parlor.atspace.com
feel free to use the naming :) if u have any suggestions on wrongly named cuts id be very happy to hear :)

All the best
Ido Sunrider

I'll be adopting Ido's names then. Thanks :)

I also agree, its frustrating when clients ask in chat what styles you have, and then you have to describe them as there are no consistant names. I will take a look at the names Ido uses as well, but perhaps we should agree to a standardized naming system, one that everyone will be able to use.

Perhaps Ido or Sorg (who have the most hairstyles atm) would be so kind as to post pics of the cuts with their name... ;) (or you can tell me the names and I'll put some pics up! :D)

Oh, and welcome to the hairstyling profession! :yay:

Cheers,

Iset

From #14 to #18

and the #19 (which is like the #3, but with different texture)

Get a name for it now! :)

I have no idea about the rest, but i would like to see this one named "Manchu style". This was the haircut that the Manchu rulers of China (Qing, 1644-1912) forced all male subjects to have.
I believe it is now going under the name "kungfu", but it really doesnt have anything to do with kungfu, except in some kungfu movies depicting that time, the men will have that haircut (except of course the rebellious hero who cuts it off in spite)
so..."Manchu" would be more fitting in my opinion. Especially when we're gonna have all the Chinese joining, we can't have them laughing at us for calling it "kungfu" ;)

@ido: I didn't see any names on your website, where exactly are they?
edited: ok, found them, but only the first row has names

manchu.jpg

Last edited:
Ido, I think a new hairstyle naming competition is in order. ;)

From #14 to #18

and the #19 (which is like the #3, but with different texture)

Get a name for it now! :)

Oh My GOD!! those are from beta!! I had #16 and I always said it was a Sleepy-Do. My friend and soc mate had #18 and I called it the Standing Tall Do!!

P.S. if you have a contest for naming hair do's then that is my pick for those two right off the bat lol

Last edited:
I have no idea about the rest, but i would like to see this one named "Manchu style". This was the haircut that the Manchu rulers of China (Qing, 1644-1912) forced all male subjects to have.
I believe it is now going under the name "kungfu", but it really doesnt have anything to do with kungfu, except in some kungfu movies depicting that time, the men will have that haircut (except of course the rebellious hero who cuts it off in spite)
so..."Manchu" would be more fitting in my opinion. Especially when we're gonna have all the Chinese joining, we can't have them laughing at us for calling it "kungfu" ;)

@ido: I didn't see any names on your website, where exactly are they?
edited: ok, found them, but only the first row has names

manchu.jpg

Nah ;)

This is the Tong Po style !

Noone will know what Manchu is and everybody knows Tong Po ! :laugh:

Back