Help Please, an Art enquiry....

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi, I'm doing the WoF, a big hunting tournament you might have heard of.

I haven't the means or contacts to investigate in-game, so can someone who knows how the art system works please help with a problem?

What I wish to do is buy a sign, upload an image of J Boy's onto it, and then be able to present that to another Avatar as a prize. (A winner's plaque) Is this possible?. Can the image then be duplicated by anyone? Does J Boy retain any sort of copyright? It would be nice if unique items could be made in this way, but I am prepared for it not to be that open.

Any thoughts? I do have an apartment btw, so can put the sign on my wall etc; I read Ido's post and understand most of that. Thanks in advance,

Hurrikane

Hi, I'm doing the WoF, a big hunting tournament you might have heard of.

I haven't the means or contacts to investigate in-game, so can someone who knows how the art system works please help with a problem?

What I wish to do is buy a sign, upload an image of J Boy's onto it, and then be able to present that to another Avatar as a prize. (A winner's plaque) Is this possible?. Can the image then be duplicated by anyone? Does J Boy retain any sort of copyright? It would be nice if unique items could be made in this way, but I am prepared for it not to be that open.

Any thoughts? I do have an apartment btw, so can put the sign on my wall etc; I read Ido's post and understand most of that. Thanks in advance,

Hurrikane

Well, as of 8.11 the last user to update the Picture can now be seen. So It can be copied, but It will be unique In the fact that the only picture made by Jboy will be this one. A fake Is now spotable! :yay:

Well, as of 8.11 the last user to update the Picture can now be seen. So It can be copied, but It will be unique In the fact that the only picture made by Jboy will be this one. A fake Is now spotable! :yay:

So what you are saying is, it is possible to create a unique item this way? I mean, one that has the image and J Boy's "sig", therefore making it a proper, verifiable award? This would be good news. Any more info on transferring the item between avatars is welcome too:)

So what you are saying is, it is possible to create a unique item this way? I mean, one that has the image and J Boy's "sig", therefore making it a proper, verifiable award? This would be good news. Any more info on transferring the item between avatars is welcome too:)

Yes. The closest to a copy, would be me making copying the image, and uploading it. However, It would say "Johnny Proud" (my ava) somewhere on It, as the last user to edit it. :)

Correct...anyone else who attempts to copy his artwork will have their named stamped on the frame...which will make frauds obvious if one remembers to check before purchasing or receiving.

Hurrikane

As far as I know:

The only person who can duplicate a picture genuinely is whoever uploaded the original image- ie J Boy (?) in this case. Guess the winner would trust J Boy not to make any more, so maybe simplest is just for him to do it as a one-off :)

On false copies- of course someone might get a screenie and try to make a forgery (and Actam I think found another way of doing it too). But a false version made in either of those ways would then have the forger's name on it which they might not be too happy about :). And anyway where exactly would they then show the picture without getting challenged?

Strictly speaking I think MA would have the legal ownership of the image once J Boy uploaded it (under EULA). Frank has said tho that they do not intend to prevent people developing art, and they would hardly object to it being given away:)

gl :)

Last edited:
Strictly speaking I think MA would have the legal ownership of the image once J Boy uploaded it (under EULA). Frank has said tho that they do not intend to prevent people developing art, and they would hardly object to it being given away:)

gl :)

Coo, a thread with me in it, and I didn't even know :D

I think Hurrikane is worried about forgeries of a prize given to the winners of the WoF, more than copyright issues (but I could be wrong) but then again, how many people have something like, oh I don't know... like a little trophy that says "Worlds Greatest Golfer" when they are obviously not. Tiger Woods has got one I bet, and everyone knows that he is! ....hmm bad example (it is late/early)

There may even be an opportunity in the "Novelty" market. "Team Noobland won the WoF 2007" or "I hunted in the WoF and all I got was this lousy basic pattern shirt". Who Knows? :scratch2: Only the winning team would have the Original and we would all know who would of won it.

Anyway, It's good to know that the "publishers" name is on the frame, I don't really know a lot about this stuff. I guess the original could be emailed to the captain of the winning team and he/she uploads it... anyway I just thought I would throw that into the stoop to see if the cat licks it up ;)

Hi all

i thought i would throw in my 2 cents since i have spent a lot of time
discussing these issues with MA...

If you would make a prize image and put ti on the sign:

1) the sign would display in its info YOU put the image on it
2) only you would have he image uploaded in your avatar account

If someone attempted forgery...

1) Their name would appear on the sign
2 - and most important) if they would be cought doing this meaning MA would
find that image uploaded to their account (after somone pointing it out):

Their account would LOCKED and the copy of the image
REMOVED from the server and all signs they uploaded it to

ART thiefs BEWARE
i do have this on writing from MA and we should all enforce it by checking
signs to see who the sign creator is :)

With Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Thanks to all for the comprehensive information;

......J Boy, can you draw up a winner's plaque for the Team captain?:)

Hurrikane

Yes the new VU does display who last edited the frame, but only if it was upload AFTER the new VU. I have two paintings up for sale in Twin Peaks Mall, Lvl 2 #8s, but if you check them, it says Last Editor is N/A. So even though they were indeed created by me, it does not say so. As of yet I have not figured out how to fix this, without paying to adjust the sign again.

haha i paid quite some cash to adjust at least part of the signs i made sofar and uploaded ... 5 ped per piece grows rapidly to hundreds of peds :p... i dont think there is way to fix it without paying additional fee sorry m8

Back