Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sneaky Sneaky B'stard
    Society
    Bastards Incorporated

Second Avatar Question

OK I ran into an old friend the other day - he quit PE several years ago..
    We got to talking about it and he told me that he had 2 avatars when he played back then. He used to use the second avatar for extra storage room.
    Now before you all start saying thats not allowed - bear in mind this point..
    When he was playing the EULA stated that you could only have one avatar per email account. So since he had 2 email accounts (1 for work and 1 for home) the EULA allowed him to have 2 avatars back then.

Now the EULA says you can only have one avatar per person - so I would like to know where he would stand now if he was still in EU today. I dont want to know about whether it is fair to have multiple avatars or not - that point has been debated to death on these forums already. I just want to know what you think about the EULA change and multiple avatars.... Has MA said anything about this that I havent heard about ? What is your opinion on this matter ?
    Discuss.

As far as I know it´s not allowed !!
    I have 3 avatars here at my home, but one belongs to my daughter (17) and the other one is my son (15).
    And as long as they are under 18 they have no rights to do any trades in EU without my OK and that's is also according to the laws in Sweden.
    So in that case multiple accounts from one and the same IP is OK, however they also have different mails on the accounts.

I could also refer you to an on going discussion about it here http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=60908

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tara Tryx Qurzi
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    It was okay.

I personally asked Marco in the old MA-chat - if it was okay to have more then one avatar registered in my name - and he said it was okay.
    But this was a couple of years ago, later they added a rule that made second avatars was illegal.

Your old friend is not bullshitting you.

Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Keiser Darkaner Söze
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    It is not allowed to have two avatars according to the EULA, but as we know MA does not fully enforce all the EULA rules. If you were to use multiple avatars to scam or exploit, you would be banned and they would point at this rule. If you use multiple avatars to (for example) keep your piloting business running, they wont care.

Until there are proper systems in place that makes multiple avatars unnecessary, MA wont do much about it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Rayne Jade Blackmoore
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think I would agree with Darkaner here. While having 2 avas is against the EULA, I think there would need to be clear evidence of malicious (bad) activity to force a ban. I could be wrong, but as stated not all the EULA rules are enforced. It would be difficult to be selective about which ones are enforced.
    Rayne Jade Blackmoore
    ATH for Every Mob | ATH for Crafting || Check out A Brief History of... Armor
    Ingame since 23 JULY 2005 - Reached 160K Skills on 7 JUN 2009 - Watch My Quest

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Claire Godpool Bunting
    Society
    Jurai Blood Cadets
    Images

My wife has an account and so do I. We run them from the same IP. She never plays Entropia but she has an account and I like logging in on it from time to time just to sweat alittle and feel like a complete noob haha...

But I do understand MA´s reasons for not allowing 2+ avatars. But the case is we have many players that have more than 1 account. Many of those follow fappers have 2 accounts as well as those hangar blocking fellows have more than 1 account. And then there are those that make new accounts for the storage space. Franky I would do that as well if I had the guts to anger the gods lol. But I can always buy an apartment and storage boxes so there is no need for me to break the EULA in any way...

Well those are my two pecs...

Claire

Prowler

Amanda Mandy Swift
    Society
    Storm Angels
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is not allowed to have two avatars according to the EULA, but as we know MA does not fully enforce all the EULA rules. If you were to use multiple avatars to scam or exploit, you would be banned and they would point at this rule. If you use multiple avatars to (for example) keep your piloting business running, they wont care.

Until there are proper systems in place that makes multiple avatars unnecessary, MA wont do much about it.

If you can't manage a flying business with just one avatar then you are in the wrong business. As for MA not doing much about multiple avatars, you obviously haven't read about NeverDie.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Claire Godpool Bunting
    Society
    Jurai Blood Cadets
    Images

We all know Neverdie is special. You too would be special if you had something worth more than 100.000 thousand dollars in the game that everyone can see, visit, enjoy and benefit from.

I truly think it´s a fair thing for him to have more than 1 account. I mean I would want to have multible accounts if I was rich and invested some huge amounts of money into Entropia.

Well another 2 pecs..

Claire

Prowler

Amanda Mandy Swift
    Society
    Storm Angels
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Bunting View Post
    We all know Neverdie is special. You too would be special if you had something worth more than 100.000 thousand dollars in the game that everyone can see, visit, enjoy and benefit from.

I truly think it´s a fair thing for him to have more than 1 account. I mean I would want to have multible accounts if I was rich and invested some huge amounts of money into Entropia.

Well another 2 pecs..

Claire

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50278

Quote Originally Posted by NEVERDIE View Post
    I have been formally notified that it is deemed that my continued use of Island Girls avatar is in Violation of Mindarks' prohibition of the use of Multiple Avatars and the transference of an Avatar to another Person.
    Probably the best case of somebody not doing any harm, yet being asked to comply with the EULA.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Keiser Darkaner Söze
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    If you can't manage a flying business with just one avatar then you are in the wrong business. As for MA not doing much about multiple avatars, you obviously haven't read about NeverDie.
    You can use a second avatar as a pilot, and that pilot avatar can be used by many people while the hangar owner keeps the deed. If I'm not mistaken, MA even suggest hangar owners to use this setup?

Neverdie has been using that ava for what is it, two years, and now they kindly ask him to stop using her. That's pretty far from the harsh EULA statement about multiple avatars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast