Pe Wiki question

Midnght

Prowler
Society
Project-Asylum Corp.
Midnght Mid Sanzoshi
Eco/M
I still can't quite figure out what the hell this means.

Do I want this to be higher or lower?

Its the economy of the weapon in terms of dmg/pec, after taking the market value of the item into consideration if its limited.

So the higher the better!

Sorry I still don't follow. Okay higher is better but why?
This is supposed to be saving me money per use?
I'm also not sure why I would care about the mark up as the mark up varies depending on what you paid for it. I mean yes i care about mark up in the long run. But in the end it still boils down to the weapons standard economy.

Let's say you have Eco/M = 4.00 on a weapon.

That means you're getting 4 damage (either on average or maximum depending on how you've got wiki set up) for every pec you spend using the weapon. So 4.25 would be better. 3.75 would be worse :D

The effect of the markup on L weps is taken into consideration using the price on peauction. It can make a significant effect on the economy of the gun and is sometimes deceptive, as the markup only acts on the gun's decay, not the ammo fired. So a low-decay gun with a markup of 200% may still be good value, whilst a high-decay gun with a markup of 150% may be bad value.

posted in error

Last edited:
Let's say you have Eco/M = 4.00 on a weapon.

That means you're getting 4 damage (either on average or maximum depending on how you've got wiki set up) for every pec you spend using the weapon. So 4.25 would be better. 3.75 would be worse :D

The effect of the markup on L weps is taken into consideration using the price on peauction. It can make a significant effect on the economy of the gun and is sometimes deceptive, as the markup only acts on the gun's decay, not the ammo fired. So a low-decay gun with a markup of 200% may still be good value, whilst a high-decay gun with a markup of 150% may be bad value.

So for an L item, does this work as follows...
Take as example the Shear XR40 (L)
pe-wiki says:
Economy
Decay: 0.478 PEC
Cost: 0.48 PEC
Value: 9.2 PED
Eco: 4.18 HP

So does this mean it has TT value 9.2ped or with markup?

0.478 pec decay - this means decay per shot (not per ammo?).

Since it's an (L) I assume decay is value / number of shots for which it lasts? So this means it has a life of 1900 shots?

What is the difference between cost & decay?

And on eco, does this mean it gives extra 4.18 HP per pec of decay, after taking into account markup?

Markup for the XR40 is listed on pe-wiki as 109.74%
So if I bought a 100% XR40, and it cost me this average markup (9.2 x 109.74% = 10ped), my effective decay after taking into account markup is actually 0.478 x 109.74% = 0.524, and I get 2 hp per use, so 2 hp costs 0.524, and so for 1 pec I get 3.81 HP .....
Not 4.18 :scratch2: - what am i doing wrong here?

Thanks

Didn't work out the math, but cost includes ammo...decay is just the reduction of tt value of the item.

Didn't work out the math, but cost includes ammo...decay is just the reduction of tt value of the item.

well an amp doesn't actually use any ammo, so doesn't this mean they should be the same?

and I'm still not sure whether the cost or decay is based on TT or market value

well an amp doesn't actually use any ammo, so doesn't this mean they should be the same?

and I'm still not sure whether the cost or decay is based on TT or market value

Most amps do use ammo. And in the amp chart, "eco" is shown, not "eco/m". (so without markup)

I will make some updates in this area when I find some time ;)

hover over the "Eco/M" and it explains its "damage/pec including markup". higher means more damage points per point.

Okay higher is better but why? ...
I'm also not sure why I would care about the mark up as the mark up varies depending on what you paid for it.

markup adds to the decay costs to decreases the damage/pec.

So for an L item, does this work as follows...
Take as example the Shear XR40 (L)
pe-wiki says:
Economy
Decay: 0.478 PEC
Cost: 0.48 PEC
Value: 9.2 PED
Eco: 4.18 HP

0.478 pec decay - this means decay per shot (not per ammo?).

Since it's an (L) I assume decay is value / number of shots for which it lasts? So this means it has a life of 1900 shots?

What is the difference between cost & decay?

And on eco, does this mean it gives extra 4.18 HP per pec of decay, after taking into account markup?

Markup for the XR40 is listed on pe-wiki as 109.74%
So if I bought a 100% XR40, and it cost me this average markup (9.2 x 109.74% = 10ped), my effective decay after taking into account markup is actually 0.478 x 109.74% = 0.524, and I get 2 hp per use, so 2 hp costs 0.524, and so for 1 pec I get 3.81 HP .....
Not 4.18 :scratch2: - what am i doing wrong here?

Thanks

you're not doing anything wrong. the attachments section in the wiki does not include the markup in the economy figure - hover over again and it simply says "damage/pec".

Decay is the the amount of tt value lost on each click/use. Cost is combined decay+ammo. The eco figure is taken in isolation, how much damage that item does for the expediture. with amps this need to be combined with a weapon to give an average.

Thanks - that makes it all much clearer
:)

I changed the weapon chart a bit. You can now select the markup as extra option.

I changed the weapon chart a bit. You can now select the markup as extra option.

This is great Witte - thanks for the improvement. I had a go with it, and it's really useful.

A couple of points

1. it only works if markup is %. So eg the Assassin R150 - dmg/pec drops correctly when you tick markup, but on the Omegaton M2100, which has a ped markup not a %, there is no change from ticking include markup. Maybe I'm missing something?

2. Can you add this checkbox to the attachments page as well?

I'm sure maintaining the wiki is not trivial, so thanks for the hard work :)

This is great Witte - thanks for the improvement. I had a go with it, and it's really useful.

A couple of points

1. it only works if markup is %. So eg the Assassin R150 - dmg/pec drops correctly when you tick markup, but on the Omegaton M2100, which has a ped markup not a %, there is no change from ticking include markup. Maybe I'm missing something?

2. Can you add this checkbox to the attachments page as well?

I'm sure maintaining the wiki is not trivial, so thanks for the hard work :)

1)Adding markup to cost/use is only usefull when you can not repair the item. A repairable item doesnt lose its markup when you use it. So it is meant to work like that.

2) Already done ;)

1)Adding markup to cost/use is only usefull when you can not repair the item. A repairable item doesnt lose its markup when you use it. So it is meant to work like that.

Derrrrr....of course - sorry. My brain transplant is booked for this weekend :umn:

2) Already done ;)

Cool - this is brilliant. Thanks :)

Back