"Standardized" Hairstyle Names

Iset

Guardian
Society
The 3-Toed Sloths
Hello!

After speaking with several other hairstylists; it seems prudent that we, both for our benefit and that of our customers; come up with names that are standardized. :yay:

A big thanks to Sorg who helped me take this pics :D , I am now able to post some names so far. Most of these I took from the names Ido uses, with a couple exeptions. There are still a couple that I am unsure of, and by no means are these names carved in stone yet. I would love some suggestions (and explanations as to why you want the name); and hopefully in a bit we will have had a list of names that everyone (or at least the majority! ;) ) can agree on.

Female Styles:

femalestyles2.jpg

Anywho, for the female names, so far I have:
1. Bald
2. Wide Mohawk
3. Regular
4. Semi-Long
5. Bob
6. Dreads
7. Spikes
8. Bun
9. Long
10. Trimmed Long
11. Unisex
12. Triple Regular
13. Spider
14. Downward Messy
15. Thin Mohawk
16. Thick Messy
17. Egg (this is for you, Pepper!)
18. Crowning Glory (in honour of Pinky)
19. Adjusted Regular
20. Adjusted Semi-Long
21. [Need name]
22. [Need name]
23. [Need name]

Okay, as promised, here are the male styles! Again, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :D

Male Styles:

malestyles2.jpg

For the male names I have:
1. Bald
2. Wide Mohawk
3. Regular
4. Semi-Long
5. Elvis
6. Ministry
7. Spikes
8. Dreads
9. Long
10. Trimmed Long
11. Unisex
12. Triple Regular
13. Superman
14. Bob
15. Old
16. Fauxhawk
17. Thin Mohawk
18. Egg (this is for you, Pepper!)
19. Adjusted Regular
20. Adjusted Semi-Long
21. [Need name]
22. [Need name]
23. [Need name]

Cheers (and hope this helps),

Iset

Last edited:
Names are so much nicer than numbers. Good idea.

Both 10 & 11 are bobs also?

#5 Bob
#10 Trimmed Bob
#11 No idea, but another form of bob :)

hmm...

#18 Fire?
I had always seen other people refer to it as a Crown haircut, since it looks like a Crown of some sort..

Can it be named Crowning Glory, in memory of Pinky?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50719

Just a thought :) (since I see another haircut named after someone else as well)

[Edit] Deleted Info and put into starting thread :)

Last edited:
Great Job Iset! :yay:

Except for the Egg things, hadn't much ideas.

Maybe just copy/paste your 3rd post with male cut in start thread? :)

Don't like that "Not yet unlocked" things, need to shoot it up ASAP!!! :handgun:

I call #11 Mootz because her kind deed helped me unlock it :)

if we are naming after players why dont we name #11 M - Neverdie ? :D he wears this cut i belive :D we have to ask him if he is planning to change tho lolz...

and yesterday someone said #16 F is like Saiyan ... (u know from dragonball):woohoo:

and yesterday someone said #16 F is like Saiyan ... (u know from dragonball):woohoo:

You want to know what the sad thing is? I do remember that..... :eek:

I understand that for each individual hairstylist, there will be those "special someones" who helped out a lot and deserve their due (I certainly have a lot of those - you know who you are!!!). So what I propose is that for the standardized cuts, we try to choose discriptive names (even the one in honour of Pinky is kinda discriptive), and then each stylist can use their own discretion when naming cuts after friends or helpers. I would not ask you to change the "Mootz" at all; especially if she helped you to get the cut. Instead, perhaps you can say, "this is the Mootz cut, also known as [insert chosen name here]" or something to that effect.

Though the whole reason for starting this thread was to initiate a discussion; so keep those ideas coming! Once it seems like no one has any ideas left to share, then perhaps we can put to a vote any of the styles with more than one proposed name.

How does that sound?

Cheers,

Iset

[Edit] I've also started a spreadsheet in Excel for all the names people suggest, so we will be easily able to put together a vote and the end of this discussion.

Last edited:
I have now added the most recent unlocks; # 20 for male and female. As we couldn't come up with anything better on the spot, I just have them both listed as "Adjusted Semi-Long" (its the same cut, but with some curls and bangs; unfortunately hard to see in the pic). Again, a more descriptive name would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Iset

I have now added the most recent unlocks; # 20 for male and female. As we couldn't come up with anything better on the spot, I just have them both listed as "Adjusted Semi-Long" (its the same cut, but with some curls and bangs; unfortunately hard to see in the pic). Again, a more descriptive name would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Iset

Waaah Sorg said I was gunna be famous for being the model for that one waah :cry:

Sorry for the delay, now that I am done school, I was able to update this, and the latest three unlocks have now been posted. But they now need names! So let's get the creative juices flowing!!! :)

Cheers,

Iset

Female
#21 Trimmed Bob
#22 Adjusted Egg

#23 Improved curly Long
:ahh: I like that one, how much is it?

Male
#21 ADjusted Regular
#22 Cheeky Mowhawk
#33 Messy curly Long

Last edited: