Event registration how-to

Status

EyeContact

Stalker
Society
Hunters Unlimited
This is a short "how-to" about registering for events.

Intro
We, the Hunters Unlimited event team, have created close to 20 events in the past months. Often there is some confusion about how the registration proces works. Let me start by saying that for most events you do not need a ticket; a pedcard with the required amount of peds on it is usually enough. The second important piece of advice is to be on time, you wouldn't be the first person who wants to register, but misses the event by 10 seconds because you can't find the land marker or get attacked by a mob on the way to the land marker.
In this small 4 step "how-to" I will show you with some screenshots how you can register for an event.

Step 1 - Land marker
The registration proces starts with the land marker. Therefor it is important to know the coordinates of the land marker.
When you found it, double click it and a window will open (figure 1).

step1.gif

Figure 1

In the top-right corner of this window you see an icon with a running man on it; click on this icon.

Step 2 - Select event

The next window that opens shows all available events on this land area (figure 2).

step2.gif

Figure 2

Usually there's only one event, click this to open the next window (figure 3). If there are more events, browse thru them until you find the event you want to register for.

Step 3 - Start registration

In the Inspect Event window there is a register button in the bottom right corner (figure 3).

step3.gif

Figure 3

Click this button.

Step 4 - Pay the fee

After you clicked the register button a new window will open (figure 4).

step4.gif

Figure 4

Like the description says, drag your ped card (or if you bought a ticket from someone, you can use that) to the window and click the confirm button.
If your ped balance is sufficient you are now registered for the event, a window will open to confirm this (figure 5).

step5.gif

Figure 5

Finally
You can register at any time, as long as you register before the event starts. Events are often limited to a certain amount of participants, so it could be a good idea to register early. You can do anything you want after you registered, it doesn't matter if you leave the area, log out, or whatever.

I hope this small tutorial cleared up some things about the registration for events and perhaps we will see you in one of our future events.

Last edited:
A possible bug I just wanted to let everyone know about. When you drag your ped card in to register and click confirm... sometimes your ped balance will show 0 until you relog. It happened to me once and freaked me out... so I just thought I'd share. Don't worry if you see this.. just relog and your peds will be there. (If they're not... then I"d worry) ;)

A possible bug I just wanted to let everyone know about. When you drag your ped card in to register and click confirm... sometimes your ped balance will show 0 until you relog. It happened to me once and freaked me out... so I just thought I'd share. Don't worry if you see this.. just relog and your peds will be there. (If they're not... then I"d worry) ;)

They also reappear the next time you use a tp if that is more convenient for you than relogging.

This only happens for the events with tickets set to 0 ped. Dragging a pec from inventory onto the card also fixes it. Funny thing is that it also reset the card of the event organiser when someone registers. Well, if you have a sick sense of humor you could consider it funny anyway ;)

The bug has been reported some time ago and support said they would fix it.

ugh... ran into this bug yesterday night... :mad: :( :eyecrazy:

Totally freaked me out...

I hope they fix it soon, I almost got a cardiac arrest.. :p

*goes to write a support msg*

nice can someone show how to add rep to people during event? :)

Here you go RR ;)

-Zap

You can add rep via friendlist, too, if suffering from the very cummon crashing bug when trying to open participant list:
open friendlist
drag out the name from FL via left mouse button
click on it with right mouse button
chose the wanted action (not sure how its called, maybe 'event' or 'interaction' :scratch2:)

You can add rep via friendlist, too, if suffering from the very cummon crashing bug when trying to open participant list:
open friendlist
drag out the name from FL via left mouse button
click on it with right mouse button
chose the wanted action (not sure how its called, maybe 'event' or 'interaction' :scratch2:)

I had same probs with crashing too..
This works if the person u wanna give rep to in in your fl..Otherwise u have to meet him in person and right click and chose again the wanted action (event or interaction :):) )

Can anyone that is in the event give Rep, or is it limited to just the Event Promoter?

And I'm assuming that Rep can only be added during the time when the event starts and maybe up until a few minutes after the event is concluded?

Last edited:
Can anyone that is in the event give Rep, or is it limited to just the Event Promoter?

And I'm assuming that Rep can only be added during the time when the event starts and maybe up until a few minutes after the event is concluded?

Anyone can give rep during the event in two different ways:

1. Rate the event as Very Good, Good, Average, Bad or Very Bad to alter the event creator's "Event Promoter" rating.
  2. Award a single rep point to any other event participant. The point can be either a + rep or a - rep. You only have 1 point to give out per event, so choose wisely who you give it to.

You can't award reputation after the event has finished.

And event promoter can give out 10 rep points but can not rate event.

-Zap

yea nice guide for new event players

yeah...bump it up :yay:...i should read it earlier!!

Anyway..i havent got the stats on last Exaromania (#9), which was my first ever event...somebody can give me the clue ?? :scratch2:

8 months later, we have now organised well over 100 events, but there are still many many players who never joined one. So here's a big bump :cool:

Excellent tutorial... I was just thinking about setting up some kind of event... Its something never done before, or at least to my knowledge, I was trying to figure out exactly this type of stuff, about pricing, and also sponsorship...

If anyone not set up as a sponsor wishes to take up a sponsorship for an event I am trying to set up please PM me... For those of you who sponsor, I will be looking into your LA's first hand.

Thank you again for all the work on this tutorial. :)

P.S. this and another thread helped me out with info i needed.

Great guide - bumping...

Steve

+rep for a very nice tutorial, i had to figure this out myself. didnt think anyone did a tutorial on it :)

Nice guide for the newbies

+rep <--- errr tried but stated that I could not give rep :(

Nice guide now i know how to enter in a event ;)
Now i got a question dose globals and HoFs mean?
Edit:Nvm i found out ......

Last edited:
Bump for an excellent post.

;)

Thanks mate,

very nice post.

I`ve never been on some event but I`m thinking to register on one now.

Thanks for information and + rep

Thanks mate,

very nice post.

I`ve never been on some event but I`m thinking to register on one now.

Thanks for information and + rep

Four things to keep in mind (not sure if it's been mentioned)

When registering:

Accumulate Loot (Important - especially if joining unknown events). If this option is set, you don't get any loot from the mobs you loot. Instead the TT value of all loots during the event goes to the winner of the event as PEDs. Winner gets PEDs only - no items (besides from the event prizes). Beware.

Win rule: "Highest single loot" vs "Most loot". Some people like most loot, other people like highest single loot. To sum it up, with "highest single loot" makes it a bit more even between people with fast and slow weapons. Make sure the win rule of event is ok with you before you register.

Make sure you check the if the accumulate loot option and win rule before you start so you know what kind of event you're entering. Especially if the event is "unknown", so you don't spend your PEDs in a event with strange rules such as "accumulate loot" and "win rule: most votes" (dunno if it's possible to set up that kind of rule).

During event:

If you crash and log in again in the event area, the event window (listing the top leaders and having the event info buttons) won't come up. To get it back, you have to leave the event area and then get back in again.

If you are in a "highest single loot" event, you will not get event poins from all mobs you get loot from - you will only get event points when you kill a mob that has more loot than the previous "most valueable" creature, and the points you get will be the difference, so your total score in the event will correspond to the value of your highest loot.

Last edited:
Four things to keep in mind (not sure if it's been mentioned)

When registering:

Accumulate Loot (Important - especially if joining unknown events). If this option is set, you don't get any loot from the mobs you loot. Instead the TT value of all loots during the event goes to the winner of the event as PEDs. Winner gets PEDs only - no items (besides from the event prizes). Beware.

Win rule: "Highest single loot" vs "Most loot". Some people like most loot, other people like highest single loot. To sum it up, with "highest single loot" makes it a bit more even between people with fast and slow weapons. Make sure the win rule of event is ok with you before you register.

Make sure you check the if the accumulate loot option and win rule before you start so you know what kind of event you're entering. Especially if the event is "unknown", so you don't spend your PEDs in a event with strange rules such as "accumulate loot" and "win rule: most votes" (dunno if it's possible to set up that kind of rule).

During event:

If you crash and log in again in the event area, the event window (listing the top leaders and having the event info buttons) won't come up. To get it back, you have to leave the event area and then get back in again.

If you are in a "highest single loot" event, you will not get event poins from all mobs you get loot from - you will only get event points when you kill a mob that has more loot than the previous "most valueable" creature, and the points you get will be the difference, so your total score in the event will correspond to the value of your highest loot.

Thanks ^^

Didn`t know this things about "loots" too..
This event is organized by my soc.. And I know allready what is price and all rules.. :)

Anyway nice from you for sharing this.

Thanks again and +rep

how is loot counted

A newb question. How do event organizers know the loot tally?. Do participants have to keep taking screen shots? Thanks jennyb

A newb question. How do event organizers know the loot tally?. Do participants have to keep taking screen shots? Thanks jennyb

The system keeps track of it automatically, and participants score points for the loot. The Top 3 are displayed on screen.

Status
Back