Event registration how-to

Status
I'm a newbie also. I am happy to see you have an event on Sunday for newbs. Now I just have to figure out how to get there and what time zone you set it for. Looking forward to joining an event one of these days. Do you ever do newbie events during the week? I work most weekends. Thanks

This is a short "how-to" about registering for events.

Intro
We, the Hunters Unlimited event team, have created close to 20 events in the past months. Often there is some confusion about how the registration proces works. Let me start by saying that for most events you do not need a ticket; a pedcard with the required amount of peds on it is usually enough. The second important piece of advice is to be on time, you wouldn't be the first person who wants to register, but misses the event by 10 seconds because you can't find the land marker or get attacked by a mob on the way to the land marker.
In this small 4 step "how-to" I will show you with some screenshots how you can register for an event.

Step 1 - Land marker
The registration proces starts with the land marker. Therefor it is important to know the coordinates of the land marker.
When you found it, double click it and a window will open (figure 1).

step1.gif

Figure 1

In the top-right corner of this window you see an icon with a running man on it; click on this icon.

Step 2 - Select event

The next window that opens shows all available events on this land area (figure 2).

step2.gif

Figure 2

Usually there's only one event, click this to open the next window (figure 3). If there are more events, browse thru them until you find the event you want to register for.

Step 3 - Start registration

In the Inspect Event window there is a register button in the bottom right corner (figure 3).

step3.gif

Figure 3

Click this button.

Step 4 - Pay the fee

After you clicked the register button a new window will open (figure 4).

step4.gif

Figure 4

Like the description says, drag your ped card (or if you bought a ticket from someone, you can use that) to the window and click the confirm button.
If your ped balance is sufficient you are now registered for the event, a window will open to confirm this (figure 5).

step5.gif

Figure 5

Finally
You can register at any time, as long as you register before the event starts. Events are often limited to a certain amount of participants, so it could be a good idea to register early. You can do anything you want after you registered, it doesn't matter if you leave the area, log out, or whatever.

I hope this small tutorial cleared up some things about the registration for events and perhaps we will see you in one of our future events.

What is the easiest thing to do to get PED.

Does anyone know of a guide to setting up events? Or if you have some nice info for setting them up shoot me a pm if you don't mind me picking your brain a bit. Props on this guide too ;)

TY mate. I did end up finding that guide, and set up my first event on Ark. Come on out :)

May I suggest that a moderator Closes this thread?
Reason is that it refers to a previous event system that does't look like the new one. For instance, now you can register to an event directly through event list withint having to go to event marker.

May I suggest that a moderator Closes this thread?
Reason is that it refers to a previous event system that does't look like the new one. For instance, now you can register to an event directly through event list withint having to go to event marker.

Thread closed.

Oleg has an Event System Guide in the Events section, which has now been stickied in that section to make it easier to find.

:locked:

Reactions: aia
Status
Back