am i the only one who started wondering why...

dekel

Prowler
Society
RELICS
ruthless NZR tony demanoe
why you guys keep on skilling crafting skills ? i mean really why... ?

the ones of u who know me knows that i have probebely more skills than 99% of the crafters ingame will ever have (just cause these numbers are insane to get ) ... (9300 engi, 9k bpc 6400 machinary... u get the picture ;P)

anyway as i see it, there is no point in have ALOT of skills, i mean best cos for me is 44% and its the same cos of a totall noob with a high qr bp.... the ever more sad thing is, a noob with 50 qr on an unlimited limited item bp willl have better success than me with all my skills if i have 1 qr.... thats even goes to lvl 1 bps...

as we all see is MA turning crafting into limited crafting, and ofcourse the "money makers" are the unlimited limited bps but the only thing u need for those is QR...

so can anyone tell me why do u skill ?
also if u can predict hows MA are going to fix the fact that the current crafting system just dont payoff for the skilled . ?

(yes i understand that they cant let anyone even with insane skills like mine have some 80% success cause that will mean i will take ores and make profit even in selling items for tt...)

but really what can they do to make me keep skilling ?

(its a question + whining post :D but i really want answers )

You do raise a good point...

Hey, pssst, as long as we can continue skilling and selling the skills for lots of peds to ppl who still think that skills matter, its all ok eh? :D

kind of agree with you... think of it this way...
armor=auktuma
attachments= you
tools= buzz
weapons= many people...
tailoring=etopia
carpentery= buzz

really there are no open fields left for people to get into and hope to make $ off of new findings, that is why I dont craft... everyone you see next to thier "specialty" has every BP for that area (available) and have about 5k+ in thier skills...

only reason people craft is because like you saw with the 230,000 ped HOF, people want to uber and be rich and with auto clickers they dont need to waste thier own time(everyone uses them dont lie...), but in honesty, your losing, feeding the loot pool, and will quit anyways....

just my 2 pecs...

I agree, I chipped out crafting 3 times now, after my last chip out I hit 4 hofs in a couple of days on arber lasers, the best one 11k, the QR is at 57 so it proves ur point. Each time I skill up to unlocking BPC I chip it all out. I craft for fun now nothing more :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

ps if anyones interested in buying the BP, PM me ;-)

kind of agree with you... think of it this way...
armor=auktuma
attachments= you
tools= buzz
weapons= many people...
tailoring=etopia
carpentery= buzz

really there are no open fields left for people to get into and hope to make $ off of new findings, that is why I dont craft... everyone you see next to thier "specialty" has every BP for that area and have about 5k+ in thier skills...

only reason people craft is because like you saw with the 230,000 ped HOF, people want to uber and be rich and with auto clickers they dont need to waste thier own time(everyone uses them dont lie...), but in honesty, your losing, feeding the loot pool, and will quit anyways....

just my 2 pecs...

well even with the open fileds i mean, btw there is no bp that auktuma will or buzz will have a higher success if we both use same bp same qr.... (i trainde my general skills very high just for this reason :D, even when i had 100 on manu weapons i had excellent on every known lvl of weapons hehehhe..) now i have anough skills to have excellent cos on the higehst known bp on every proffession (beside tailoring and carpentry) but still... crafting changed to a lottory, as u say ppl play for the hof, my quesiton is, WHEN the hell MA will understand that they are losing the ppl with the goal of "skilling" i mean thats the main reason skills prices droped, cause ppl start realizing,
"hey i will put my money into qr instead of skills, its much more effective"

anyway whati think is MA should find a way to reward high skills, ok maybe not make it to a higher success... maybe make it with BP looting options, meaning, u need some 6k in general crafting skills to loot lvl10 bps ... wahtever... but this is a problem aswell cause this will mean the ubers will get a big gap over the none ubers.. so i dont know but something must be changed or else, there will never be more crafters like auktuma, buzz, me ect... because the middle end crafters just realize they dont need to get to our lvl to make profit, all they neeed is luck :(

Interesting question though :)
You need skills to advance in the ability to use a bigger slotmachine where you can insert the bigger coins .

but seriously :
i think they are usefull for the (L) items crafting , not only to be able to , to protect the ables from the mass :confused:

just my opinion

-> MA is on the way to bash the fun outta the universe

like an unamed uber crafter once said to me " if you plan to honestly craft you need near 500,000 ped on card, hope, luck, patience, and maybe then is your chance of finding light on the other end of the tunnel in terms of making ped on new things,is only nearly 50%"

I think that last post brings up a really good point. Ppl won't skill any more, they won't buy skills. They buy high qr bp's. Does anyone checked out theese things when it comes to hunting?

If you maxed out a weapon with 10 HA and 10 CA. You will still miss right. It's like having "max" cos on a bp. Maybe low skilled with a good wep will loot just as good as a skilled one with the same wep? With 0.0 HA you still hit with that wep right? :)

I don't know if it is like that, but many ppl are bringing up that point, maybe there are some truth in it?

I don't set out to skill crafting...I just craft when I can. It's like pennies in a big jar: soemday it might get full and be worth something.

it's fun to me...that's all. it's not efficient or inexpensive. if i wanted to play efficiently and inexpensively, i would have stopped playing after the amp nerf ;).

But...the game is fun enough with my meager deposits. Likewise, crafting is still fun with my meager runs with low-costs materials. The nice part is, thyere are now bp's that can be done with materials that can be gained just through hunting. I just dumo them in storage and craft when hunting is bad...or I'm bored....

Unless I get a HOF and can chip-in skills, I do not have any illusions becoming a top-level crafter. It's too hard to catch-up with those that skilled-up before all of the nerfs and that's fine. Crafting is a hobby within a hobby for me.

The books now have space for levels 11&12, and tool book2 already has an 11th level. Ofcourse, you'll max them as soon as they drop (a high level bp dropping, what am I saying :laugh: )

Only reason for skilling is those nice L prints and the foolish belief that one day I'll drop a weapon bp higher than 5th - maybe that will be the day when I also drop full supremacy from 6 conscutive mobs

well to some people, my self as well, i was more interested in the bps i got crafting and how high up i could get and i new that when the qr was high i could craft better, skills are just like , what i call them, rebates... you spend 50k over all lets say and u get some skills u maybe lost 5k ped or sumthing and you sell ur skills get 2k back. But in between than you can get ubers that will pay back a little bit or even help you profit....

my thing is that i said in that quote, unless you have 500,000 ped on card an extra computer and an auto clicker you WILL and i promise you WILL quit crafting before you ever get any weres near auktuma or buzz, 5000 skills in attachment is like 100k ped+ and they both have that and ALOTT more... its insane to fathom if your sitting there with 20k ped and thinking you have enough... good luck

p.s- buzz has been playing for like 4 years straight crafting, ever since he was at that far terminal in ithaca, and he now has( please correct me if im wrong) id say 8000 skills?

Even if you can not increase your COS once you reach a certain skill level, wouldn't additional skilling increase your ability to mfg an item at a higher tt value? I would think that crafting "L" items at high tt levels without having to use as much residue or any residue at all would be preferrable. Heck I long for the day when I can craft a simple oa 101 at 50% - 75% of tt on a regular basis.

Merlin

Even if you can not increase your COS once you reach a certain skill level, wouldn't additional skilling increase your ability to mfg an item at a higher tt value? I would think that crafting "L" items at high tt levels without having to use as much residue or any residue at all would be preferrable. Heck I long for the day when I can craft a simple oa 101 at 50% - 75% of tt on a regular basis.

Merlin

nope, higher tt is when you add res or put the condition bar up full ONLY... and the only thing that really effects your COS is the QR and if the bar is quantity fully...

maybe its really secretive about the skills still like hunting was...(before HA and stuff)

I just skilling crafting since I'm "forced" to do everything. ;)
I'm not crafting to get profit out of it, and my craftingsessions are quite short.
I do at top 2k attempts (more normaly maybe around 300-500 attempts),
since I do everything manually.
(And no, it's not due to I'm afraid to get RSI I do "short" sessions, it's due to
crafting is so freakin' boring IMO! :D
Hunting is WAY worse than crafting when it comes to RSI issues btw.)
Reason I skill crafting is due to I want to see how far I can get by doing
everything 100% manually by not using ac and chip.

Now, do higher skills do *any* difference from low skills?
Is a higher prof stand = better chance to get better BPs?
These are the things I'm interested in, since drop of some BPs are way to low.
MindArk don't want monopoly in EU, but at the same time, they create a
situation that is very close to it, due to low drop of BPs... :rolleyes:
They should have created a system where we could use and gain access to
certain levels of BPs related to our skill- and prof standprogress... but this is
just my thoughts, non has to agree with me... ;)

like the new limited Faps, perhaps new Bp's will drop that can only be used based on skill level... that seems to be the new trend

like the new limited Faps, perhaps new Bp's will drop that can only be used based on skill level... that seems to be the new trend

Maybe these will make the skills worthwhile, but then again... MA acts in strange ways sometimes.

I'll try to speak my mind so try not to be overly critical please.

If the bp requirements are high, it becomes a monopony situation and low level crafters can't use them without being very disadvantaged. The items crafter are useful unlike previous items so if only a few craft them, they can profit alot. As you've said yourself, some 5 or so crafters have skill levels so high that no crafter can reach HALF your levels without wasting 100,000usd clicking dampers so until such a time as there are far more uber crafters with high enough skills that SOME competition will occur, MA will not drop the uber bps.

Mining - low tool skill requirements in general - easy skilling
Hunting - low weapon skill requirements for L weapons - easy skilling
Crafting - before - lose tons of money skilling a tiny bit -now- lose tons of money skilling a tiny bit

so we won't see any new uber crafters anytime soon => no new high level bps that gives tons of money to the few top crafters since no one is catching up

-in other words, you basically want MA to give you a useful bp on which you will have a monopony, which I don't mind personally since I won't be able to afford it but MA like any enterprise don't give out blank checks.

Last edited:
well so we all agree tehincally that something should be changed tho isnt it ?

i mean some of us accepted the fact that crafting will never be more than a slot machine, but i think differant, i think that MA MUST find a way to reward the high skilled without hurting the lil ones...
an idea i had is

make a lvl requirments and bp drops according to skills but for example.... u also have a maximum skill for a bp... meaning... with my skills for example, i wont be able to craft lower than lvl 5 bps.... but a noob wont be able to craft lvl6 while i will be able to craft lvl12...

what will it mean ?
A: the ubers wont be able to skill on cheap bps anymore :D
B: no compeition between the uber and the medium players :)

L bps and unlimited bps that make L items already have a skill requirements in the same way that L weapons and faps do, but if u got high skills u probably never noticed it.

I remember when I couldn't craft an md201 without having a seriously bad cos, now I think I can do any L print in the game except the higher lvl cloths and furniture.

Limiting low level prints to lower skiled crafters is an interesting concept, but I think the whole crafting system could do with an overhaul.

Skilling is unreal compared to other proffessions. I took out 3 assail today (546tt) and got my club skills up from 572 to 1051 along with getting a load of secondary skills. If I put 546tt of ores into a machine and skilled weapons that raise for manufacture weapons would probably have been closer to 572->588 or something stupid like that

Ummm, I don't think anyone mentioned this so I'll state the obvious. You can raise the qr on a bp much more efficiently with a high bpc- I.e. Say I have uber skills and a great albeit qr 1 bp. I can raise that bp with the 42-44% CoS the entire time rather than spending thousands of peds on the low success rate bp with no skills

L bps and unlimited bps that make L items already have a skill requirements in the same way that L weapons and faps do, but if u got high skills u probably never noticed it.

I remember when I couldn't craft an md201 without having a seriously bad cos, now I think I can do any L print in the game except the higher lvl cloths and furniture.

Limiting low level prints to lower skiled crafters is an interesting concept, but I think the whole crafting system could do with an overhaul.

Skilling is unreal compared to other proffessions. I took out 3 assail today (546tt) and got my club skills up from 572 to 1051 along with getting a load of secondary skills. If I put 546tt of ores into a machine and skilled weapons that raise for manufacture weapons would probably have been closer to 572->588 or something stupid like that

well here i disagree with u ... i think crafting should be very hard to skills, and very expensive, but ill tell u why..

because before the L items were introduced, crafting was the O NLY proffession u can make profit without luck, if u had the skills+ the bps, u could KNOW u are going to profit on an item..... tahts why its the most expensive skill...... because techincally its the "Safe" way.... even the most uber hunter cant make a 10k peds run and KNOW he is going to profit...

but a skilled crafter witht he right bp can profit :) .
well atlesat tahts how it used to be, thats why i got so much skills and i think thats what attractedf the uber crafters in the first place...

what i dont understadn is why m aking crating like mining and hunting ? the best thing about this proffession is that it worked differantly...

good point. the new (L) weapons are another good example. the SIB you have to have enough skill to see the effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERDIE

good point. the new (L) weapons are another good example. the SIB you have to have enough skill to see the effect.

I'll say it once again :) The prints that make L items already have an SIB

well here i disagree with u ... i think crafting should be very hard to skills, and very expensive, but ill tell u why..

because before the L items were introduced, crafting was the O NLY proffession u can make profit without luck, if u had the skills+ the bps, u could KNOW u are going to profit on an item..... tahts why its the most expensive skill...... because techincally its the "Safe" way.... even the most uber hunter cant make a 10k peds run and KNOW he is going to profit...

but a skilled crafter witht he right bp can profit .
well atlesat tahts how it used to be, thats why i got so much skills and i think thats what attractedf the uber crafters in the first place...

what i dont understadn is why m aking crating like mining and hunting ? the best thing about this proffession is that it worked differantly...

You mean you don't want anyone catching up to you :laugh:

Seriously though, I understand what your saying - I just wish those 'right BPs' would drop now and then. Not too much or the market gets flooded and the bp becomes useless, but you'd think someone who has skilled up to 4k man-weap would have got a half decent print by now and the best print i've dropped was an m2a lol - s60, p3a, mad4, kat honor, force mace assail etc etc had to come directly from my ped card :(

why you guys keep on skilling crafting skills ? i mean really why... ?

I'm a 'skilled' (does this word means anything now) miner and i'm currently performing lots of attachment crafting sessions.

I'm crafting amplifiers for my personal use, as it is more economical for me to craft them rather than to buy them as i usually only need to buy the bombs/probes.

I'm not 'skilling' crafting as you may see it, the skills just come with the process (and sometimes a good global comes along).

Crafting like rest was all about BP...
Funny to see the lucky one who got the jackop and looted the bp in game come whine about skill.
If you had not looted those so good BP , you probably never get the skill you got now day.And for sure , you would not wonder how to withdraw 100k $ without paying your tax.

Crafting like the rest its all about luck ... skill id just a little part , power has been and will always be in the BP.

COS , skill , my ass...
Give me a unike BP that make L fap same as mod fap , and i will craft them...

Crafting like rest was all about BP...

Crafting like the rest its all about luck ... skill id just a little part , power has been and will always be in the BP.

I know that all the best crafters in this world have invested A LOT to reach their level, and that now anyone can make a huge HOF on a LVL1 BP.

This luck is the same for every profession, last week i teached one of my disciples how to mine and she had a 127 ped global at the second probe she dropped. It took me around 5K bombs before i had my first so i was a bit frustrated.

I'm not a crafter, so I will not contradict you Etopia.
It is just that my (little) experience on this subject made me think that now it also depends on the type of BP. Limited ones seeming to have a better CoS than regular ones regardless of your skills.

I don't really understand where MA want's to go with all those (L) items and i'm hoping they will not got too far. Imagine you fire a 12K HOF Lysterium (L) and you have only 5 hours to sell it before it vanished :eek:

Sometimes crafting is way too dynamic...

-Sometimes you loose a lot
-Sometimes you break even
-Sometimes you profit

...wait....this sounds like hunting and mining...so why skill ?

1.) I skill to be able to use other machines in the future (which I still believe that those will come) ;p

2.) I skill to be able to use more peds on higher bps one day... ^^

I also know I will never ever reach dekels skills...

...but maybe we wont need those high skills to use future-machines ? xD

Noone knows, but I think I gave at least 2 points why I skill ;)

But having "no real" diference between 3k and 9k skills is somewhat crazy, especially in todays skill-system... ;/

p.s.
Hehe @ Lysterium(L) :)

theres alot of talk of having a high qr is the only thing that counts, but how do we get high qr? by crafting and while crafting we get skills whether we want the skills or not they are gained. therefore maybe some ppl skill to increase qr of bps only, then sell the bp and start again etc. at the end of the day bp's dont increase their qr overnight automatically (unless an a/c is being used lol) but you know what i mean. so maybe a few of the skillers are solely skilling to increase qr.

what would be nice to know tho is, does higher skills provide quicker qr increase? has it been tested or proven?

Skate

Back