Fan ART OPALO 3d Printing

cool machine and results , what is the limit of the material the machine can handle? (will it do metal or wood for example?) Though the resin ones look good especialy when painted well a metal statue of ava would b nice i think .
ive seen large machines like this that can do metal ect but was a few years back maybe they got better?

limited.

I, of course don't know for sure, but I think what I've read about the machines is that they are highly limited... but there is even an open source blueprint for one, so other things are possible. Also, once you have the basic one, using various sculpture and manufacturing techniques, it would be possible to create various ones en masse... lost wax cast method is what was used to get greek statues replicated so that they are everywhere in the world practically - and variations of that process are used on all sorts of toys and sculptures today...

You might even be able to make a real pea pod shooter out of an opalo! ;)

cool machine and results , what is the limit of the material the machine can handle? (will it do metal or wood for example?) Though the resin ones look good especialy when painted well a metal statue of ava would b nice i think .
ive seen large machines like this that can do metal ect but was a few years back maybe they got better?

It's a task of textures ... at least every look should be able

It's a task of textures ... at least every look should be able
think slasha thought of the material of the model itself, or did I misunderstand your reply

correct ,sorry sloppy explanation.

tbh ... don't let us speak about silly details until we've found an answer to the main question: will MA/FPC/RT give us the right to produce merchandising products ... and if yes under wich conditions.

I would like to keep this issue off from puplic until we get contact to MA/FPC/RT.

What I am interested in is what you want to get as RL-item ... models of weapons and mobs or models of your avatars.

I want mobs(longu), weapons*(bravo or maybe some M&L) and avatar(my own ofc)

*would have loved an Heimdall or Odin but since all lasers look the same I dont see a reason now

This is very cool :D
I would sure be intrested if i was able to afford it :yay:
The chess idea i like :)
And then maybe a set of my weapons on the wall at my home hehe
I gess a statue of my avatar could also be intresting ;)
Ok ok i go for the whole set :eyecrazy::ahh::silly2::D

how much are they
http://www.3dmodell.at/
cant read that language

that depends on what you want:

Z310 (monochrom) Build Size: - 203 x254 x 203 mm - ca. 25.000 Euro
Z450 (colormaschine) Build Size:- 203 x 254 x 203 mm - ca. 40.000 Euro
Z650 (colormaschine) Build Size:- 380 x 254 x 203 mm - ca. 60.000 Euro

PS:this are the prices for central europe

hmm, very nice subscribing for future.

Just out of interest did you get the model files from eu some how? please tell (i like to see the 3d models)

Very very cool! The chess idea is ace. ;)

I want a full-scale Marber Bravo REALLY REALLY badly now. I'd love to take that to an EU booth and be the most badass person there. :laugh:

Making a Niflheim would be cool too, but I think that's an impossibility. I don't think 3D printers can print particle beams. :(

hmm maybe it is possible to make a small gas/smoke maker,
and release the smoke under pressure, and then hit it with some laser pointers .
or make it with a neolight tube or something :)

I want a full-scale Marber Bravo REALLY REALLY badly now. I'd love to take that to an EU booth and be the most badass person there. :laugh:

this is the reason why I asked if it was possible to make larger pieces and glue them together or something :D
Would love to have a real size marber with the blue tube :cool: (and just think of the possibilities with paintball if you're really really rich :D)

I want one... Could you print a full size one?

this is the reason why I asked if it was possible to make larger pieces and glue them together or something :D
Would love to have a real size marber with the blue tube :cool: (and just think of the possibilities with paintball if you're really really rich :D)

well ofcorse that is posibel

therfor we have to seperate the parts of the marber and print it on an EOS lasersintermaschien with bildrates of 600 x 600 mm - paintin by hand or by yourself - but all in all no great problem

on the other hand we can try to do it in my brothers firm ( www.waffen-idl.at)

so all oportunitis on the start:)))

How much would it cost for a full size gun? Maybe you could make it shoot airsoft ammo and have a mount for a scope and a laser sight.

How much would it cost for a full size gun? Maybe you could make it shoot airsoft ammo and have a mount for a scope and a laser sight.

Yeah! And I want a little speaker on the Marber hooked up to the trigger, so that whenever I shoot it I get to hear the "PEEEWWW SSSHHHHHWWWWOOOIII" :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Love the fan art!
3d printing is something Ive always wanted to do, but never had the time or cash.

For people interested in making their own life sized weapons here are a few links you might find helpful.

http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

^this app captures 3d geometry generated by your gfx card using DX9 or DX8

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

^this app lets you make paper craft models from 3d models.

Just do a search on youtube for halo paper, there are people making helmets and weapons. They even cover their models with resin and inject them with foam to make them more durable.

I'd love to see more creations...hopefully some of you guys have the time and/or money.

wow so cool!

those marbers are amazing.

lol okay ... such 3D-printers are at ~15k Euro ... shurkamp got one ... no need to buy another one I guess ;)

There were 2 different models featured in the last issue of MAKE magazine that I got. The "Cupcake CNC", and one whose name escapes me atm. IIRC, buth were in the 7500 PED range. The Cupcake was only good for 4x4x6 (100mm x 100mm x 150mm). The other one was a much more "needs assemply" kind of thing, but IIRC, could handle much larger work material.

I asked Hanne via PM about FPC's point of view according to make such models. She answered me that she has forwarded my PM to Frank|FPC because he is the Marketing director. Let's see if we will get a statement or maybe start to talk about such things for future projects.

As far as I understand are the copyrights by FPC and no longer by MA.

I asked Hanne via PM about FPC's point of view according to make such models. She answered me that she has forwarded my PM to Frank|FPC because he is the Marketing director. Let's see if we will get a statement or maybe start to talk about such things for future projects.

If that's true, I think we'd have a much better chance of getting this idea off the ground. MA is the faceless corporate entity, and now FPC has the face of Hanne. :cool:

Thank you, Daily Giz Wiz Podcast!!!

http://www.shapeways.com/

Check out the gallery. So who uploads the first files so everyone can get one??? :)

:yay:

AG, now coveting a stainless Green Lantern Ring... :)

if you folks are in to this...

I know this thread is about making 3d out of stuff in game... but taking that the other way around is sort of neat too. Several years ago I got imodeller and also got a free version of dsculptor off magazine cd... check it out... it's 3d scanning with nothing but a digital camera and a blown up grid.

http://www.imodeller.com/en/

http://www.d-vw.com/dsculptor/about/about_d_sculptor.htm

I don't have the model on me, but maybe I can find it on an old cd somewhere... I blew the grid up and put it on masonite sheets, and actually got a 3d model of my sister and brother-in-law a few years back. I was going to do it for cars and things too until I read about how many times Ford has sent cease and desist letters out to 3d artists...

In theory, you could make a model of yourself, and have it printed in a glass statue using something like the links two posts up...

At one point in time, I was thinking about making that in to a career, doing it at fairs and stuff, but it would not work well since it requires lots of angles with the camera, and most people tend to fidget a little. You could theoretically build a rig of multple cameras, but that could get pricey fast.

Imagine doing something like this sort of stuff and using the resulting 3d file as an avatar... of course, 3d scans would suck as avatars since they are not usually animated without a LOT of work, but in the future, this sort of stuff will be possible...

check this out...
http://www.facegen.com/

hmm. just got an idea to make marber replica out of few metal pipes and some leftover wood i have in the backyard, then some paint and its done :yay:

Any news from Hanne on this matter?

I know this thread is about making 3d out of stuff in game... but taking that the other way around is sort of neat too. Several years ago I got imodeller and also got a free version of dsculptor off magazine cd... check it out... it's 3d scanning with nothing but a digital camera and a blown up grid.

http://www.imodeller.com/en/

http://www.d-vw.com/dsculptor/about/about_d_sculptor.htm

I don't have the model on me, but maybe I can find it on an old cd somewhere... I blew the grid up and put it on masonite sheets, and actually got a 3d model of my sister and brother-in-law a few years back. I was going to do it for cars and things too until I read about how many times Ford has sent cease and desist letters out to 3d artists...

In theory, you could make a model of yourself, and have it printed in a glass statue using something like the links two posts up...

At one point in time, I was thinking about making that in to a career, doing it at fairs and stuff, but it would not work well since it requires lots of angles with the camera, and most people tend to fidget a little. You could theoretically build a rig of multple cameras, but that could get pricey fast.

Imagine doing something like this sort of stuff and using the resulting 3d file as an avatar... of course, 3d scans would suck as avatars since they are not usually animated without a LOT of work, but in the future, this sort of stuff will be possible...

check this out...
http://www.facegen.com/

Wouldnt it be easier and cheaper to use a video recorder and walk around the subjects.. or turn the subjects on a pedistal THEN pull the necessacry stills for production from the video?

Wax printing ?
Been mucking around with Rhino 3D software for some years
Are the printed modlels suitable for spin casting in metal ?
Would it make sense to communicate with MA re onselling services for global and hof awards won?
Just a notion to for FPC to drop awards ingame of special prizes such as commisioned 3D model of your avatar in the loot window:D
Cheers
Great stuff:D

Yeah Onciest me old mate you must be drooling ;)

Back