Fan ART OPALO 3d Printing

double up--------------

I'll just leave this here :whistle:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Have the templates ??? care to post ?
I'm polishing it a bit, adding some instructions and stuff. But I would like to hear from Hanne or someone else in FPC before posting. Don't want to get into any trouble. :eyecrazy:

I'm polishing it a bit, adding some instructions and stuff. But I would like to hear from Hanne or someone else in FPC before posting. Don't want to get into any trouble. :eyecrazy:

As long you do not make money with it FPC or MA do not care but admire that you have made it.

Very nice work btw looks like real craftsmanship.

Would be awesome if you posted the instructions. BIIIIIG +rep if you do, I'm sure :)

Would be awesome if you posted the instructions. BIIIIIG +rep if you do, I'm sure :)
I will finish the instructions and post in a day or 2, let's hope by then someone from FPC has come and said something about it.

Intresting...

Nice 3D Models... but how can be use them without amo???... :laugh:

Little update:

Hanne made a contact for me to Frank|FPC. He is FPC's marketing director. He called our idea interesting and told me that we have to make a merchandizing deal with fees and such if we want to make commercial use of such models.

I didn't ask him about giving such (or others like paper models) away for free. I think everybody should contact FPC directly. I assume the minimum demand is to put a copyright sign on the models with FPC as owner. I strongly suggest to do nothing without asking FPC before. Even if you give it away for free, it is a copy of a model developed by FPC.

Notice that Franko there said "commercial". This gives some leeway for amateur efforts to do stuff, provided they don't try to profit off it.

An example of how this *might* work in part is the 501st Legion.

The who? No, not the Who. Roger Daltry has nothing to do with this. The 501st Legion.

The 501st currently has a standing army of over 2000 Imperial Stormtroopers, nearly 600 Imperial Biker Scouts, over 400 Imperial Sandtroopers, and many more.

The crucial thing in terms of this conversation, is that all these sets of armor are put together by amateurs and don't run into legal problems with the intellectual property owner, George Lucas / Lucas Films. They share data and resources because they think it's cool to do.

...The crucial thing in terms of this conversation, is that all these sets of armor ....
Oh why did you have to write this :laugh:
Now we will have someone recreating armors for RL use ;)
make it with actual body armor materials and it might have an actual use in the real world too hehe

:topic:
:whip:

Notice that Franko there said "commercial". This gives some leeway for amateur efforts to do stuff, provided they don't try to profit off it.

An example of how this *might* work in part is the 501st Legion.

The who? No, not the Who. Roger Daltry has nothing to do with this. The 501st Legion.

The 501st currently has a standing army of over 2000 Imperial Stormtroopers, nearly 600 Imperial Biker Scouts, over 400 Imperial Sandtroopers, and many more.

The crucial thing in terms of this conversation, is that all these sets of armor are put together by amateurs and don't run into legal problems with the intellectual property owner, George Lucas / Lucas Films. They share data and resources because they think it's cool to do.

There is a difference between private purpose and making an offer to the public (even for free). Shurkamp and me can make desktop statues of our avatars for our own benefit. We are not allowed to make one for you of your avatar.

malasuerte won't get problems with making a paper model of this handgun for himself. He may proudly show it to us. But I doubt he is allowed to give the model kit to the community without permission by FPC.

My suggestion to FPC is to allow it. Because fan art and items are fun and would increase good mood. But I would ask them before handing it over to the community. Simply to go the correct way.

Oh, I'm not arguing about the correct way, just citing a similar success story of rabid fans that wanted RL artifacts from sci-fi so much that they put stuff together themselves to make it happen... legally and even with the blessing of the intellectual property owner. :)

If you think the 501st is rabid, the R2-D2 builders are even more so, and have even had the original R2 builders marvelling at how their replicas are constructed! :)

I got the OK from Hanne. Expect some fan art models soon :yay:.

well if ya want armours..i could help..out...or bigger guns 2..however i only do blackpowder...not sure...ya could all..afford...an armour though:) nor a we would all want guns...:)

besides a lot off laws are involved..

Back