PK and PVP in the WoF....

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Just a note to state the WoF's position on Pk and PVP.

Some mobs are going to be/already have been found in PvP areas. Natural instinct is going to lead to Pk'ing if teams should meet in these areas, by other teams or by supporters, even by random un-affiliated slayers just there because they are.

The WoF position is this; Pking in PvP areas is allowed, not encouraged.

If I get more than a few screenshots that seem to indicate a team, or their associates is KILL-STEALING rather than PLAYER KILLING, the team responsible (if proved to my satisfaction) will be punished through losing points or in extreme cases, disqualification.

So yes, you can shoot the green dots as well as the red ones. But have a look through the scope first to see if the guy's halfway through a mob he'd really like to kill.... you know whats fair and what isn't, let's have a clean round here.

Hope this is enough.

Hurrikane.

Do you say that if he is more than half the way throug the mob you can kill him?

or

If he is still not half the way throug the mob you can kill him?

Natural instinct is going to lead to Pk'ing

Well it is not my 'natural instinct' to pk and I will instruct the England Team not to initiate pk'ing unless fired upon first where they will of course be OK to fire back in self-defence.

Do you say that if he is more than half the way throug the mob you can kill him?

or

If he is still not half the way throug the mob you can kill him?

If I get several screenshots of someone knocking real damage off a listed mob and then getting killed by someone else before looting it, I will look into necessary action. No upper or lower, just enough proof of a trend....

Hurrikane

Well it is not my 'natural instinct' to pk and I will instruct the England Team not to initiate pk'ing unless fired upon first where they will of course be OK to fire back in self-defence.

For the record, this is also the stance that Scotland is adopting. We (and our Thugs) will not fire upon another team or another avatar, unless fired upon first.

Of course, if you fire at us, then it's on! lol

Edit: We will (and have) PK if a team continually mob-steals.

Last edited:
For the record, this is also the stance that Scotland is adopting. We (and our Thugs) will not fire upon another team or another avatar, unless fired upon first.

Of course, if you fire at us, then it's on! lol
I look forward 4 tonight to meet scotland in a frienly competition. The Danish team will use pk as selfdefence if any is open fire at us.

GL 2 you

I agree here and I would go further and say that the pk rule for WoF should be

self defence only, its going to suck balls if this turns into a pk war.

and "allowed but not encourage" wow thats as good as saying

"allowed" as thats what alot of players will read and a large numbmer will need no encouragment!

I dont want to see teams competing while supporters from other teams simply camp on a mountain shooting opposing teams, if it turns this way alot of enjoyment will be sucked out of this great event. and I'm SURE some ppl will simply drop out.

Id say if 2 teams are competing they should collectivly pk anyone who's there to be an asshole! and where there are cheap pk kills you always find assholes lol

The Scottish Team has explored the possibilities of PvP in WOF and have chosen to take the "high road". That being said, we still acknowledge the possibility of PK and will remain on the defensive and retain the services of friends and soc-mates to deal with that event.

Hurrikane does a great job of giving us diverse mobs to make each stage interesting. Some of those mobs may be in PvP areas. While I can do fairly well against anyone in this competiton hunting mobs, I would fall very, very short in a PvP competition. There are plenty of PvP competitions...and this is not one of them. If PvP becomes a problem, Hurr may have to only choose mobs in non-pvp areas...which would mitigate some of the fun.

Therefore, for this stage the only "cold war" I want is with the Thorifoids, and I can leave my "missiles" in their solos ;)

Most of the things I allow are the things I can't prevent, and pk'ing IS hunting of a kind. Any trend towards Kill-Stealing, if proven, will will acted upon, but if you choose to try and score on a mob in a pvp area then go prepared to get shot at:) It's part of the game and part of the tournament. Not many mobs are exclusive to PvP, even less that are on moblists.

:cool: Hurrikane:cool:

Firstly an off-topic ooops...I'd planned to do a Stage 2 Roundup/Stage 3 preview for the front page but had it in my head it started next weekend for some reason :(

Ah, well...more news to report now I guess.

Anyway, on-topic - accidentally found myself in an area today that was pk-able, relatively low spawn and full of WoF teams. No-one opened fire on me though :)

ah, that's good, jimmy, nice to hear it.

it is afterall hard to tell if that's a forum reporter down the barrel of a tango.

Back