Impact of skills on professions

Spacecraft Weaponry Skill gain Triggered a Spacecraft Engineering Level Gain for me :) so I can confirm that Spacecraft Weaponry Skill does indeed contribute to Spacecraft Engineering..

~Danimal

You gain the following skills for the Captain profession while piloting a space craft and getting hit by mobs :)
(...)
For Gunner (hit) these ones are gained:
(...)
For Gunner (dmg) these ones are gained:
(...)

Those professions are pretty much solved already. At least the current skill % breakdown works for all data I've received so far. Nonetheless, an extra check with the optimizer to see if they fit your (and any one else's) current level would be nice :)

Spacecraft Weaponry Skill gain Triggered a Spacecraft Engineering Level Gain for me :) so I can confirm that Spacecraft Weaponry Skill does indeed contribute to Spacecraft Engineering..

noted! thanks for reporting.

Those professions are pretty much solved already. At least the current skill % breakdown works for all data I've received so far. Nonetheless, an extra check with the optimizer to see if they fit your (and any one else's) current level would be nice :)

noted! thanks for reporting.

Oh... okay thanks for the information. I had no clue those were already "solved" since nobody updated entropiawiki.com with the skill sets :)

~Danimal

Any update on Treasure Hunter and Archaelogist profession and what skills contribute to them?

And do any of the Treasure hunting skills give HP?

/Slupor

Yes. Menace reported elsewhere that he'd gained about 0.75 HP from 1040 combined total in the initial three Treasure hunting-only skills. That's a bit more than you'd expect if it was the same as the other mining professions but we'll need a bit of data to be confident that is the case.

Yes. Menace reported elsewhere that he'd gained about 0.75 HP from 1040 combined total in the initial three Treasure hunting-only skills. That's a bit more than you'd expect if it was the same as the other mining professions but we'll need a bit of data to be confident that is the case.

Yes, treasure hunting gives HP. I would assume it's probably the main profession that gives the HP gains; similarly to prospecting and surveying.

~Danimal

Any update on Treasure Hunter and Archaelogist profession and what skills contribute to them?

/Slupor

A first attempt to breakdown the skills contributing to treasure professions:

Treasure hunter

Intelligence: 5%
Treasure Sense: 38%
Geology: 21%
Perception: 5%
Ground Assessment: 8%
Archaeological Lore: 16%
Serendipity: 2%
Miner: 5%

Archaeologist

Intelligence: 3%
Artefact Preservation: 52%
Precision Artefact Extraction: 21%
Computer: 5%
Engineering: 3%
Archaeological Lore: 5%
Serendipity: 3%
Miner: 8%

Both sets work quite well with the current data I have, and coincidentally, both add up to 100%, so in principle no more unlockables are expected. Please let me know if the %'s above don't work for your own data; I have entered them into the optimizer so it's easier to check for everyone.

PS: Currently working on the HP contribution...

Treasure hunter

Archaeologist

Both sets work quite well with the current data I have, and coincidentally, both add up to 100%, so in principle no more unlockables are expected. Please let me know if the %'s above don't work for your own data; I have entered them into the optimizer so it's easier to check for everyone.

Thanks Jdegre! Looking forward to the HP contribution :)

I'm guessing the HP skills that contribute to HP are going to be:
Treasure Sense
Artefact Preservation
Precision Artefact Extraction

but who know's ... I haven't done any Treasure runs to confirm those values, judging from Surveying and Prospecting though, one could deduce that it would be these three skill sets :)

~Danimal

<snip>

Thanks for the first attempt!

From my empirical testing during treasure hunting the geology seems to be a bit high.... I have no absolute data but from just eyeballing the green lines ground assessment comes by as often as Geology.

edit: Did the test on the optimizer and Treasure Hunter is spot on, Archaelogist seems about 0.5% off, might be a rounding effect somewhere as well.

I'll check a bit more later, great job as always.

Looking forward to the HP calculations, that will be interesting to so see as well.

Last edited:
.... Please let me know if the %'s above don't work for your own data; I have entered them into the optimizer so it's easier to check for everyone.

Updated my skills on Entropedia today, then checked them against the optimizer, and perfect match!

Nice job as usual :)

Treasure hunter

Archaeologist

Seemed to be spot on for me too, but no Drilling Expertise contribution to Archaeologist? :/

If a semi-quant observation is helpful, my guess is that Treasure Sense and Artefact Preservation both count 1/1600, as I've gained about 2k points total in those, and my health rose more than 1 point and less than 1.5 points.

Along with that, Archaeological Lore and Precision Artefact Extraction would not contribute to health.

If a semi-quant observation is helpful, my guess is that Treasure Sense and Artefact Preservation both count 1/1600, as I've gained about 2k points total in those, and my health rose more than 1 point and less than 1.5 points.

Along with that, Archaeological Lore and Precision Artefact Extraction would not contribute to health.

Would be good to have this confirmed and included in the :tapfinger : Optimizer... maybe Spain needs to be kicked out of the quarterfinals football to free up some time for jdegre? :laugh:

Would be good to have this confirmed and included in the :tapfinger : Optimizer... maybe Spain needs to be kicked out of the quarterfinals football to free up some time for jdegre? :laugh:

if spain is kicked out tomorrow by france, i won't be in the right mood to update the optimizer until next world cup in 2014 !! :p

re: the skills mentioned by noodles, at least they don't make a perfect match for my own data set.

First, i suspected of the accuracy of the scan of the progress yellow bar of the Health, as scanned by the skill scanner from the attributes window (which gives less accuracy than the tool tip displayed for professions).

So, i waited until my HP crossed an exact value (173); I scanned my skills exactly at that moment and the value calculated with 1/1600 for TS and AP, don't give a result of 173.00; they gave a deviation of only 0.02 but I think it is enough to conclude that it is incorrect.

I tried different combinations for TS, AP and PAE (I don't have AL unlocked), with no good results either.

I keep trying, though :)

forgot to add... i tried to make the fap test to see if an skill increase allows me to immediately fap before i get HP back to full. it did not work any single time, with any skill. does anyone know if this method still works, or was it "fixed" by MA sometime ago?

forgot to add... i tried to make the fap test to see if an skill increase allows me to immediately fap before i get HP back to full. it did not work any single time, with any skill. does anyone know if this method still works, or was it "fixed" by MA sometime ago?

I think this was fixed because I have not been able to do that for awhile now.... :scratch2:

~Danimal

if spain is kicked out tomorrow by france, i won't be in the right mood to update the optimizer until next world cup in 2014 !! :p

Spain won, hope you are sober again and grinding along ;)

re: the skills mentioned by noodles, at least they don't make a perfect match for my own data set.

First, i suspected of the accuracy of the scan of the progress yellow bar of the Health, as scanned by the skill scanner from the attributes window (which gives less accuracy than the tool tip displayed for professions).

So, i waited until my HP crossed an exact value (173); I scanned my skills exactly at that moment and the value calculated with 1/1600 for TS and AP, don't give a result of 173.00; they gave a deviation of only 0.02 but I think it is enough to conclude that it is incorrect.

I tried different combinations for TS, AP and PAE (I don't have AL unlocked), with no good results either.

as a follow-up to this topic, i had a chat yesterday with smilgs, and he indicated that the contribution described by noodles (1/1600 for Treasure Sense, and 1/1600 for Artefact Preservation) made a perfect match for his skills and HP.

as commented above, i did try with those %'s earlier on, but it did not seem to work so well with my data, although it was pretty close; well, it might have been a rounding error, or scanning accuracy... go figure.

in any case, what i have done is to add it to the optimizer, so people can check it more easily and spot any deviation. i have added a warning note indicating that this is not fully confirmed.

Hell world cup 2014 is over, now back to work :D
Not much happened last two years :cool:

OK lets see, next world cup comint soon :lolup:

Back