Impact of skills on professions

My pro standing bar suffered a bit from the jpeg compression, not sure why EF doesn't support .png files.

Because 'they are susceptible to exploitation' 711 told me. He considers GIF a satisfactory substitute.

And didn't Doer already nail Engineering down to 20%?

Yes, with a chip. There's no doubt about that one.

I can post my skills and pro standing if someone wants to back out the results. I have had frustrating results lately trying to do that, probably due to a lot of incorrect data on wiki (avatar skill data).

Not really sure about Material designer....
I "unlocked" it in my professions when grinding Material manufacturer and hitting level 2.5.
I am not really sure if it is strictly tailoring related, have not done much of that but I level it. Then again, you also level tailoring with material manufacturing.
Also the wiki is surely wrong about intelligence part in material manufacturer, I had several skill ups while grinding, impact was not really noticable though.
I would assume about 30 skill ups in intelligence to get a generic leather BP up to QR80 and they gave me maybe all in all 1/2 level in INT.
Got some scans saved if needed.

Since Doer's chip already showed engineering was 20%, my data shows that Intelligence cannot be anything other than 0%.

So if you get Intelligence gains that's pretty interesting.

Since Doer's chip already showed engineering was 20%, my data shows that Intelligence cannot be anything other than 0%.

So if you get Intelligence gains that's pretty interesting.

yeah, my results confirm that too!
engineering 20% -> intel 0%

if we were certain that intel > 0%, then the possibilities are:

with intel at 1% -> engineering 18%
(intel at 2%) -> no matches
with intel at 3% -> engineering 15%

but, i'll trust doer's data and i'll set intel at 0% and engineering at 20%.

i have tried to match wizzszz data. from what i see in the jpg, the bar is 25 pixels wide, so the progress is (25-1)/124 -> 0.19, so material manufacturer level would be 4.19.

from more than 136 million permutations, there is only one match for the 5 data sets i have (within 0.01 precision):

{0, 36, 7, 5, 13, 1, 20, 1}

but these %'s don't look good at all. so, i have widened the precision to 0.02 for the 5 data sets, and widened the offset a bit for some skills, and i've got 16 matches from 175 million permutations.

we're getting closer and closer :)

yeah, my results confirm that too!
engineering 20% -> intel 0%

if we were certain that intel > 0%, then the possibilities are:

with intel at 1% -> engineering 18%
(intel at 2%) -> no matches
with intel at 3% -> engineering 15%

but, i'll trust doer's data and i'll set intel at 0% and engineering at 20%.

Just, so I can understand it....
intel and engineering are connected?

Just, so I can understand it....
intel and engineering are connected?

no, no... it is only the results after trying to find matches for all the data sets. if i set engineering at 20%, they only way to find matches for the data i have, is to set intel at 0%. no other way.

9 and 20/124 is my Mat. Manufacturer level.

The skill set that goes with that will be on wiki in a minute. Hopefully this can resolve the int issue.

9 and 20/124 is my Mat. Manufacturer level.

The skill set that goes with that will be on wiki in a minute. Hopefully this can resolve the int issue.

including doer's data, only 2 matches from 175 million permutations:

{ 0, 33, 7, 4, 12, 4, 20, 8 }

{ 0, 33, 7, 6, 13, 1, 20, 7 }

we're almost there :D

i have tried to match wizzszz data. from what i see in the jpg, the bar is 25 pixels wide, so the progress is (25-1)/124 -> 0.19, so material manufacturer level would be 4.19.

Refresh my memory as to why you're doing (25-1)/124 and not 25/124?

including doer's data, only 2 matches from 175 million permutations:

{ 0, 33, 7, 4, 12, 4, 20, 8 }

{ 0, 33, 7, 6, 13, 1, 20, 7 }

we're almost there :D

Nice - one more ava should do it then! Although I'm already putting my money on the first. 1% Tailoring seems unlikely to me.

Refresh my memory as to why you're doing (25-1)/124 and not 25/124?

Oops, i missed that. What's that all about?

I exclude the first pixel (always black) when i count the pixels. Is that the same thing you're doing?

Oops, i missed that. What's that all about?

I exclude the first pixel (always black) when i count the pixels. Is that the same thing you're doing?

Not sure - maybe. I always just counted the coloured pixels, never subtracted 1 from it though. I was wondering if that was maybe why jdegre had to adjust his tolerance to 0.02.

Not sure - maybe. I always just counted the coloured pixels, never subtracted 1 from it though. I was wondering if that was maybe why jdegre had to adjust his tolerance to 0.02.

i've always substracted one, because a bar with 1 pixel wide is 0.00 (not 0.01) and a bar with 124 pixels wide is 0.99 (not 1.00)

i've always substracted one, because a bar with 1 pixel wide is 0.00 (not 0.01) and a bar with 124 pixels wide is 0.99 (not 1.00)

I really thought that there were zero pixels in a bar for x.00. I'll have to check again, i guess.

I really thought that there were zero pixels in a bar for x.00. I'll have to check again, i guess.

Yes I'm pretty sure at say 32.00 profession level it will show 0 coloured pixels.

I don't think I've ever seen 124 pixels, is it actually possible?

Nice - one more ava should do it then! Although I'm already putting my money on the first. 1% Tailoring seems unlikely to me.

Exactly what i thought when i saw the numbers.

X.00 results in a completely empty bar = not a single colored pixel.
No doubt about it.

Although isn't there a gap of a single uncolored pixel from the left border, too?

Those error sources are the reason why i left the pixel counting to you guys... if we count them wrong, we should at least count all of them the same wrong way :D

Edit: forget it :)
I just mixed progress bars from skills and professions... lol

Last edited:
I badgered Oleg in-game to post some data when he has the chance, he does a bit of skilling in textures and stuff so that'll hopefully be useful.

Hello :D

My skills aren't very high - something like Level 6.5 in Material Manufacturer profession - but I will get the relevant data later on and post it here.

Hello :D

My skills aren't very high - something like Level 6.5 in Material Manufacturer profession - but I will get the relevant data later on and post it here.

Level 6.5 is positively uber in that profession lol :D

Level 6.5 is positively uber in that profession lol :D

:yay: I r ubber :yay:

Thought I might as well log in quick and grab these before I forgot about it. I think these should be all you need. I don't have Quality Sense. Let me know if there's anything missing and I'll get it later.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I think that's all we're after cheers Oleg. Have you ever had Intelligence gains whilst doing Material Manufacturing (rather than Designing)?

Jdegre - the post on page 12 has also Quality Sense and Surface Comprehension contributing. That may have been part-guesswork, but have we eliminated them as possibles or do we just have no-one who's unlocked them?

I think that's all we're after cheers Oleg. Have you ever had Intelligence gains whilst doing Material Manufacturing (rather than Designing)?

Jdegre - the post on page 12 has also Quality Sense and Surface Comprehension contributing. That may have been part-guesswork, but have we eliminated them as possibles or do we just have no-one who's unlocked them?

none of my data sets have any of these skills unlocked.
currently, working on oleg's data set... i'll post in a while.

I haven't really noticed the Intelligence gains, but I didn't realise that there was a doubt about it, so I wasn't looking out for this. I will from now on.

If Surface Comprehension is a factor then I should unlock it when I hit Level 20 - I'll get back to you about that in a couple of years :laugh:

none of my data sets have any of these skills unlocked.
currently, working on oleg's data set... i'll post in a while.

hmm, it gives the same two results as in previous runs (within the precision level of 0.02). so, we need data for an ava with a skill set much more different than what we have now.
a very high level in tailoring would be great, for instance.

hmm, it gives the same two results as in previous runs (within the precision level of 0.02). so, we need data for an ava with a skill set much more different than what we have now.
a very high level in tailoring would be great, for instance.

That is a good sign anyway :)

Tailors: post your data! :D

That is a good sign anyway :)

Tailors: post your data! :D

i've added the first set (the one that looked more likely) to the chipping optimizer, so everyone can check their Material Manufacturer level there and report about matches or mismatches against their ingame levels.

- Texture Engineering: 33%
- Blueprint Comprehension: 7%
- Carpentry: 4%
- Make Textile: 12%
- Tailoring: 4%
- Engineering: 20%
- Material Extraction Methodology: 8%

i've added the first set (the one that looked more likely) to the chipping optimizer, so everyone can check their Material Manufacturer level there and report about matches or mismatches against their ingame levels.

- Texture Engineering: 33%
- Blueprint Comprehension: 7%
- Carpentry: 4%
- Make Textile: 12%
- Tailoring: 4%
- Engineering: 20%
- Material Extraction Methodology: 8%

Great, i'm pretty confident those are the final results already.

Any chance we can repeat all that for Material Designer?

Great, i'm pretty confident those are the final results already.

Any chance we can repeat all that for Material Designer?

sure!
how certain are we about the involved skills? is the info at wiki correct?

it is listed as:

- Texture Pattern Matching: 40%
- Coloring: 5%
- Carpentry
- Make Textile
- Material Comprehension
- Color Matching
- Tailoring
- Fashion Design
- Surface Composition
- Quality Sense

so, again, no intel? are these two %'s already fixed?

sure!
how certain are we about the involved skills? is the info at wiki correct?

it is listed as:

- Texture Pattern Matching: 40%
- Coloring: 5%
- Carpentry
- Make Textile
- Material Comprehension
- Color Matching
- Tailoring
- Fashion Design
- Surface Composition
- Quality Sense

so, again, no intel? are these two %'s already fixed?

I made those updates, taken from post in this thread, so yes, they are correct, and 0% intelligence is 100% sure, too.

Please not that we narrowed down Material comprehension to ~14% a few pages ago already, 15% can be excluded i think, but 13% is still possible.

Will post the pro standing bar for material designer which matches my current skillset on entropedia in a minute.

/Edit: Wrong screenie, stupid me, got to update them again.

I made those updates, taken from post in this thread, so yes, they are correct, and 0% intelligence is 100% sure, too.

Please not that we narrowed down Material comprehension to ~14% a few pages ago already, 15% can be excluded i think, but 13% is still possible.

Will post the pro standing bar for material designer which matches my current skillset on entropedia in a minute.

/Edit: Wrong screenie, stupid me, got to update them again.

so, intel is discarded.
setting 40% for TPM and 5% for coloring fixed, and setting material comprehension to only 13% or 14%, i get only 1 vector that fits my current 3 data sets (within 0.01):

{ 40, 5, 3, 9, 14, 4, 9, 3 }

the order is the same as i posted before, and excluding the last two uber-unlocks.

probably this won't be the real solution, and as i get more data sets, i'll widen the precision and include more variability in the %'s.

so, intel is discarded.
setting 40% for TPM and 5% for coloring fixed, and setting material comprehension to only 13% or 14%, i get only 1 vector that fits my current 3 data sets (within 0.01):

{ 40, 5, 3, 9, 14, 4, 9, 3 }

the order is the same as i posted before, and excluding the last two uber-unlocks.

probably this won't be the real solution, and as i get more data sets, i'll widen the precision and include more variability in the %'s.

Hmm, that overpredicts one of my old datasets by almost 0.14 levels

Material Designer Level 4.635
TPM 688.2
coloring 586.8
color matching 953.3
carpentry 439.2
Make Textile 800.5
Tailoring 547.9
Material comprehension still locked
no other unlocks

Will get a fresh set later, now with material comprehension, the decimals are +/- 0.1 or so, your skill scanner didn't work at that time :(

Back