Impact of skills on professions

This is great post wish i could get more info on the mining thou

This is great post wish i could get more info on the mining thou

Hally, i just unlocked mineral sense today, i will upload pictures here so u can check on formula :) my serendipity was locked , cause i had sell hunting skill some time ago, so u must considering it as zero to the unlock :)

Hally, i just unlocked mineral sense today, i will upload pictures here so u can check on formula :) my serendipity was locked , cause i had sell hunting skill some time ago, so u must considering it as zero to the unlock :)

You don't have by chance a screenie of your ming skills page? And the professional standings?

Mineral sense should unlock at level 30 prospector, can you confirm this?

yes, i can confirm, level 30 prof standing.. i forgot to uploade that screenshoot :)

yes, i can confirm, level 30 prof standing.. i forgot to uploade that screenshoot :)

Ok, thx anyway, once you have gained some points in mineral sense, it would be useful to have a complete skill set (mining+general+attributes) and pro standing, as Prospector isn't fully resolved yet... (look here)

Many TIA

here :) i will post again new screenshoot of all plus serendipity tat i chiped in and prof stand page, 5 minutes its there, i hope i can help solve it

Thanks djrodrigocpu :)

I'll take a look at it all tomorrow, hopefully it should confirm the percentages we currently have!

And like wiz says, it'd be really useful if you could repeat the process once you've got a few hundred levels in mineral sense - then we can work out the contribution from that!

the skill you need for the remaining mindforce stuff is prolly Harmony, which not many peeps have and has been kept below the radar a long time.

dan dan petrov is the first to actually publically show it off :p

the skill you need for the remaining mindforce stuff is prolly Harmony, which not many peeps have and has been kept below the radar a long time.

dan dan petrov is the first to actually publically show it off :p

Ooh, awesome thanks - never heard of it.

And MA have given us more work - we better start on the Grenadier skills at some point too.

Last edited:
I wanted to check my prof standings and my skills, trying to get some relationships. Then found the PE-Wiki tables, finally this thread. It is a fantastic work. Even if you had help of many others, you was the one who wrote it down in this clear order, so everyone can use it easily.

+rep

:)

Thread updated with new data for Xenobiology and Mineral Sense. Mutant and Animal Investigator, Prospector and Surveyor affected.

Also given recent findings we now know the Mindforce professions are affected by the Mindforce Harmony skill, but we don't have any data as to the percentages yet.

Thread updated with Jdegre's & Stryker's finding that Robotology contributes 8% to Robot Investigator.

How does this % thing work? Crone can't figure this out. How does one calculate this?

How does this % thing work? Crone can't figure this out. How does one calculate this?

8% means: multiply by 8 and divide by 100.. :silly2: :laugh:

seriously, take all skills involved in a certain profession, calculate the associated %, and add up everything. take the result and divide by 100. this will give your pro-standing level, as shown in the professions panel in-game.

for attributes, you must first multiply by 20 (this means, simply put, as if skill were defined in a range 1-10k and attributes in a range 1-500, although we know that skills go beyond 10k, and attributes never go up to 500, but still...).

I'd like to observe that using the values for Laser Sniper (Hit) gives me my Grenadier (Hit) standing to within 0.003 levels. I have no primary skills in the profession, so here's what I can propose:

Agility *20 60%
Courage 3%
Dexterity 3%
Perception 2%
Serendipity 1%
Aim 4%
Combat Reflexes 3%
Coolness 4%
Marksmanship 8%
Weapons Handling 8%

Unknown: (Edit: these should be correct, but need testing)
Combat Sense 5%
Commando 3%
Support Weapon Systems 39%
Explosive Projectile Weaponry Technology 14%

If a couple people that have used a support weapon could post their skills or test out these percentages to verify, i think we can bag this one quickly.

Grenadier (Dmg) doesn't yield so easily to such childish cheats, though. I'll fiddle around with some possibilities.

Edit:
With Witte's help to get professions from wiki, i ran a script to check these percentages. Of all the avatars with information on the wiki, 57 had sufficient data given to pass the sanity test (skills contribute to a Laser Sniper (Hit) standing within +- 0.02 levels of the professional standing listed). 55 of those 57 (Thank you to all those who help maintain wiki) also pass the same test for the calculated level of Grenadier (Hit) using these numbers, and two fail. The two who failed were Angelica Coffee Lastrome and Vintage Yquem Port. I checked on the wiki and neither of them included their Explosive Projectile Weapon Technology skill level, but probably have some due to having Support Weapon Systems skills, so the explanation for those two failures is clear. Of those passing both tests, two had Support Weapons Systems skills above 5, and Commando levels above 5, thus possessing all of the contributing skills:
Jake BD Janson
Petrus PM Molinos

This is not a very closely-monitored test, but it seems good enough to state tentatively that all the contributions above are as listed.

If neomaven or Stryker or someone else with all those skills could test the results or send me the relevant skill levels plus their pro standing, we can conclude this one.

Edit 2: Grenadier (Dmg)

I tried some Monte Carlo/metropolis for the (Dmg), but there are too many solutions that give passably good fits with the numbers available. No one that meets the criteria now on there has kill strike. It would be really nice if a couple more ubers would upload a full NRF dump to wiki... (Dmg) won't be cracked until we know at least for sure which skills are used, and ideally a few percentages for sure.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks Doer, I'll check that tallies with my numbers when I'm next in-game too.

SWS chips are appearing in auction so that's an option at some point. I may wait a little while though while the price settles - 100000% seems a little exorbitant :D

OK, got a very cool gift today (thanks if you're reading :)) so I can start skilling the grenades now! I'll do a bit of skilling over the weekend and see if I can figure anything out. Looks like (Hit) will be the first to fall but we'll see :)

Temporarily re-locking thread so that I can use the next page for New Professions. I'll sort it out tomorrow and then re-open.

Got to waste a post to get to the new page.

Had an amusing situation earlier this evening. Was busy shooting a few itumas when both my pistol and my rifle managed to break at the same time. So there I am left with only my grenade launcher to kill the ituma dominant standing half-dead infront of me. Problem is I take 30 dmg from my own weapon every time I shoot it :D

With one shot left to kill it I died lol. Thankfully wasn't from my own shot though :D

Grenadier (Hit)

Code:
Agility*20        3%
Aim               4%
Combat Reflexes   3%
Combat Sense      5%
Commando          3%
Coolness          4%
Courage           3%
Dexterity         3%
Support Wep Sys  39%
Explosive PWT    14%
Marksmanship      8%
Perception        2%
Serendipity       1%
Weapons Handling  8%

My initial data, and Doer's data extracted from wiki both suggest this tells the full story.

Last edited:
Grenadier (Dmg)

Code:
Agility*20        1%
IRD               4%
Marksmanship      8%
RDA              13%
Wounding          8%
EPWT             34%
Serendipity       4%
Anatomy          18%
Kill Strike      10%

OK, this maybe needs a bit more verifying but I'm pretty confident its right.

Last edited:
Projectile Launcher Engineer

Code:
Intelligence*20   2%
BPC              28%
EPWT              9%
Machinery         6%
Manufacture Weps  9%
Wep Tech          9%
Engineering      26%
Industrialist     6%
Manufactng Meth   5%

Industrialist and Manufacturing Meth are guesses based on similar professions - I have no data to back those up. The rest I'm pretty sure about.

Last edited:
Material Designer

Code:
Coloring           5%
Carpentry          4%
Fashion Design     6%
Texture Pat. Mat. 40%
Material Comp.    12%
Color Matching     3%
Make Textile      10%
Tailoring          6%
Surface Comp.      8%
Quality Sense      3%

97% resolved, higher level unlock unknown at the moment, possibly Glamour.

Last edited:
Material Manufacturer

Code:
Texture Eng.        33%
BPC                  7%
Carpentry            5%
Mat. Ext. Meth.      8%
Make Textile        11%
Tailoring            5%
Engineering         20%
Quality Sense
Surface Comp.
Manu. Meth.

89% resolved. Data from avatars with Quality Sense, Manufacturing Methodology and Surface Comprehension required.

Last edited:
Enhancer Manufacturer

Code:
Manufacture Enh.    41%
Engineering         22%
Attachments Tech.   11%
Machinery           4%
Blueprint Comp.     7%
Enhancer Tech.      4%
Manufacturing Meth. 4%
Industrialist       7%

100% resolved

Last edited:
Tier Upgrader

Code:
Tier Upgrading      49%
Engineering         10%
Manufacture Enh.    6%
Computer            5%
Mining              4%
Aim                 4%
Evade               4%
Anatomy             4%
Analysis            5%
Enhancer Tech.      4%
Melee Combat        4%

99% resolved.

Last edited:
Reserved New Profession #8

Reserved for new professions.

Reserved New Profession #9

Reserved for new professions.

OK thread re-opened.

I'll do some more skilling tomorrow, after which I may be able to pin down the percentage contributions from EPWT and SWS for the other two professions.

After that I guess its data fitting time, so data will be required - uploading to wiki and letting us know its up to date and correct is fine if you're already uploading skills & professions to wiki.

Back