Account Holder Information Update

And where in the thread has MA explained? All I see is speculations from other players..

Correct speculations ;)

Hi,

Exactly as Hooters and others have understood - if there's nothing wrong with your account details you don't have to worry about this message.

It's an opportunity for those that may have submitted an incorrect address etc. to correct it.

Absolutely nothing to worry about if your details are correct, it's not mandatory, nothing will happen if you don't wish to change anything.

Frank

What happens if my details are already up to date?

um, don't do anything

what happens to my avartar if I don't respond.

um, nothing

Who makes sure your data is not passed on to 3rd parties...

the same entity that currently keeps your personal data confidential

Sorry but once again, your public relations work is absolutely pathetic...

Completely disagree - MA is giving participants a chance to make things legit to aid in support cases, shipment of gold cards, and (one would think) to reduce fraud, and you think it's a bad thing? :rolleyes:

Hi,

Exactly as Hooters and others have understood - if there's nothing wrong with your account details you don't have to worry about this message.

It's an opportunity for those that may have submitted an incorrect address etc. to correct it.

Absolutely nothing to worry about if your details are correct, it's not mandatory, nothing will happen if you don't wish to change anything.

Frank

Thx Frank but please... why don't u guys don't just make it complete info from the start... would save u getting the shit from me :D

so if i move house after august, does this mean i need to wait for the next opportunity to update my details?

why cant we just change details as they change?

its more confusing than the transfer window

EDIT: very good to get data up to date, but i hate the way its being spun into a oportunity for us, lol, if anything its a oportunity for MA to get thier customer details correct

Completely disagree - MA is giving participants a chance to make things legit to aid in support cases, shipment of gold cards, and (one would think) to reduce fraud, and you think it's a bad thing? :rolleyes:

a) If you quote me, quote me right, I was going on about the way MA is approaching this:

AJack10600 said:
While I perfectly understand if you guys want to take some measures as to how to increase security etc I really don't understand the way this is put forward to the community...

b) thx, I can read Franks answers ...

Not a very constructive post...

so if i move house after august, does this mean i need to wait for the next opportunity to update my details?

why cant we just change details as they change?

its more confusing than the transfer window

EDIT: very good to get data up to date, but i hate the way its being spun into a oportunity for us, lol, if anything its a oportunity for MA to get thier customer details correct

It's just a point to get us to think about it now while they are processing this information for the new banking services, or in the least while they are processing the information themselves full stop.

If they've got a team of people on this now, surely it makes sense to persuade the community to utilise that team's effort while the team is in effect?

a) If you quote me, quote me right, I was going on about the way MA is approaching this:

b) thx, I can read Franks answers ...

Not a very constructive post...

well im sorry that answering your questions (correctly, as it turns out, thanks to Frank's post) doesn't qualify as "constructive" to you; btw, the electric company will take away your RL if you don't fill out that Change of Address form every time you pay your bill :)

Thanks for the information Frank!

Opportunity also means it is not obligatory, also when MA refer to "Account Holder Information Update", they mean you RL name, as you can change:
  • Address of residence
  • Postal code
  • City of residence
  • Region of residence
  • Country of residence
  • Telephone
  • Preferred language
At any time.

Also email address can only be changed by opening a support case, with all the verifications that implies to ensure legitimacy.

ofc that the "internal control checks" are to ensure people do not take advantage of this to sell avatars.

It's just a point to get us to think about it now while they are processing this information for the new banking services, or in the least while they are processing the information themselves full stop.

If they've got a team of people on this now, surely it makes sense to persuade the community to utilise that team's effort while the team is in effect?

yep, ur right.

Its the spin that i resent, We the players have a opportunity to update our info :D lol do me a favor, its a opportunity for MA to complete thier records, or for them to potentialy pass a audit relating to the banking licenses, but certainly not for us.... unless u have a stolen or hacked account that u need to re-assign, then ofc it really is a opportunity :p lol

i dont see what the problem is with saying "hey peeps remember to keep ur info updated" but instead its spun into this amazing opportunity...

maybe i am just being a bit arsy about the use of the words..... I'm gunna post them a dictionary i think :p

Hi,

Frank

What about birthdates and names?

Sorry, but I have to point this out:

"The completed form, together with a color scanned copy of a government issued ID (where name and date-of-birth are clearly legible), and a utility bill where the address matches the updated Entropia Universe account information should be sent to the following address:"

EXCUSE ME? COLOR SCANNED COPY OF A GOVERNMENT ID AND A UTILITY BILL!?!? I Think Not! Do the words IDENTITY THEFT not mean anything?

Frank, if MA thinks I am going to send them this for ANY reason, they obviously have not thought things out completely.

If anyone is stupid enough to create an account with bogus information, that person needs to be prepared to suffer the consequences. When you are dealing with real money, you don't give false info!

Sorry, but I have to point this out:

"The completed form, together with a color scanned copy of a government issued ID (where name and date-of-birth are clearly legible), and a utility bill where the address matches the updated Entropia Universe account information should be sent to the following address:"

EXCUSE ME? COLOR SCANNED COPY OF A GOVERNMENT ID AND A UTILITY BILL!?!? I Think Not! Do the words IDENTITY THEFT not mean anything?

Frank, if MA thinks I am going to send them this for ANY reason, they obviously have not thought things out completely.

If anyone is stupid enough to create an account with bogus information, that person needs to be prepared to suffer the consequences. When you are dealing with real money, you don't give false info!

That's standard protocol for a registered service providing some kind of loan to people, whether that be money, car or a van it's the same.

Pipe down.

If anyone is stupid enough to create an account with real information....

Why the hell should I give Yahoo, or GMail, or Mindark my REAL birthday?

No one with any sense of caution would use a real birthday when signing up for a FREE game.

And maybe that is the opportunity ;-)

Food for thought:

A small minority of participants already been thru the process (sending utility bill and copy of govt. issued ID) when requested cash cards. Plus, as one pointed before, that`s kinda standard procedure when dealing with financial institutions.
So, for the paranoid bunch, take a break have a "...." <-- insert whatever.

wooo the aliens gonna steal your ID omg run

geez..

Do you get your personal info back? I legally cannot photocopy birth certificates etc, Originals only, lol

Last edited:
color scanned copy of a government issued ID (where name and date-of-birth are clearly legible)

yea that is REEEEALY hard to fake...

*now selling fake ID cards @ twin tp*:yay:

i also think that this is aimed at players who entered wrong names and dates in the first place... but.. hell..

CAN MA CONFIRM THIS OFICIALLY PLEASE!!!
IS THIS AN AMNESTY-OPPORTUNITY?

some of my friends are wishing for so long, that they could finally 'legalize' their accounts..

.. and i wonder how many support-cases will be send to get that confirmation.. is that not worth the 5 minutes to phrase the PR right, MA? stop the speculations!!

That's standard protocol for a registered service providing some kind of loan to people, whether that be money, car or a van it's the same.

Pipe down.

You’re continuing to imply that the information requested has something to with banks and loans and you have no information to support your claim. If I was to apply for a loan at my bank they will have already confirmed my identity when I opened an account with them.

If you are suggesting that Entropia Banks will be anything more than virtual pawn shops, but real institutions where players can save and borrow real money from real banks, then those banks will want to have you open an account and verify your identity with them and they will be more than happy to charge you a monthly service fee.

It’s quite clear that there are numerous cases of fraud, or attempted fraud as a many accounts have been locked when it’s obvious that a player’s credit card information and registered address do not match and rightly so. If there is any reason why a player might get into trouble over this I suggest they follow the procedure and correctly fill out the form and confirm there identification with proof, otherwise MA has every right to lock them out.

The communities concerns over identity fraud are valid, however your information is out there already if you have any on-line banking or bill payment accounts. Those of us who entered the correct information when we opened our account(s), that does match our credit card info, should have nothing more to worry about than we already did have previously.

It's only they can send the tax bills of your profits to the right address :laugh:

Hi,

Yes, this is your opportunity to change details about your account that you may have added incorrectly at any time.

You can already change address and telephone number on the Entropia Universe website. This update will allow you to edit your name and date of birth. You can also change your email address if you want.

I really hope this helps to clear it up. So yes, if your buddies want to fix their account details - now is the time.

/Frank

Pipe down.

No, I will not pipe down.

Yes, it is standard protocol for some kind of loan service. In fact, when I bought my last vehicle, I had to provide a lot more inforamtion than that. The important difference here is that I was physically sitting in front of the man that took it, not making a photocopy and sending it to some operation in a foreign country, and I know that if something happened that the laws will put him and his accomplices in jail for a while.

MA isn't a registered loan company. It is a company that develops and sells it's main product: a computer game. As stated by Frank twice now, this is just for updating your account, not for any form of loan security.

I don't know about you or where you live, but where I come from the cases of identity theft are rising every year, and at a very alarming rate. I, for one, have a significant problem with sending exactly the information that a thief needs to create a false identity to a foreign country. A country where my home laws do not apply, and where it is difficult, if not impossible, bring someone to justice for that type of crime when the crime happened to someone not of that nationality.

I buy foreign products quite often. Yet, when I do, I don't have to hand over the core of my legal identity to do so just to make sure that they have the right information for me. It doesn't matter. As long as the transaction is valid and there is no fraud reported on it, everything is just fine.

Since anyone can update their account on the website, this whole thing was totally unnecessary. MA could simply have said, "Hey, please log on to the website sometime between now and X and update your account. Any accounts that are not updated by X will be locked pending deletion" and none of this would have had to happen.

aww, shucks ;P

Since anyone can update their account on the website, this whole thing was totally unnecessary. MA could simply have said, "Hey, please log on to the website sometime between now and X and update your account. Any accounts that are not updated by X will be locked pending deletion" and none of this would have had to happen.

Wrong =)

You can already change address and telephone number on the Entropia Universe website. This update will allow you to edit your name and date of birth. You can also change your email address if you want.

/Frank

that's all fine and dandy, don't update a thing if don't need or want to, but also don't expect to be able to withdraw any cash (if your info is incorrect), or for others to feel (erroneously, I might add) the way that you do ;)

Last edited:

Yes, it is standard protocol for some kind of loan service. In fact, when I bought my last vehicle, I had to provide a lot more inforamtion than that. The important difference here is that I was physically sitting in front of the man that took it, not making a photocopy and sending it to some operation in a foreign country, and I know that if something happened that the laws will put him and his accomplices in jail for a while.

MA isn't a registered loan company. It is a company that develops and sells it's main product: a computer game. As stated by Frank twice now, this is just for updating your account, not for any form of loan security.

I don't know about you or where you live, but where I come from the cases of identity theft are rising every year, and at a very alarming rate. I, for one, have a significant problem with sending exactly the information that a thief needs to create a false identity to a foreign country. A country where my home laws do not apply, and where it is difficult, if not impossible, bring someone to justice for that type of crime when the crime happened to someone not of that nationality.

I buy foreign products quite often. Yet, when I do, I don't have to hand over the core of my legal identity to do so just to make sure that they have the right information for me. It doesn't matter. As long as the transaction is valid and there is no fraud reported on it, everything is just fine.

What is someone going to do with a copy of your id & a utility bill? In my country you couldn't do anything with it. Here someone would need more information to actually take out a loan in my name.

What is someone going to do with a copy of your id & a utility bill? In my country you couldn't do anything with it. Here someone would need more information to actually take out a loan in my name.

Yes, you need more here to actually take a loan out, but having that ID is enough to start the process of creating a false identity. In very short order there is a person with my name and various other documents (false as they may be) "proving" that they are me, when in fact they are not me. They take out loans, buy things, etc. and then the bill collectors all come knocking at my door and all I can do is go :scratch2:

Onyx: you are probably right... it would have happened anyway...

Now, having somehow hijacked this thread without meaning to, and having stated my points, I will sit quietly unless somebody :poke:

Does anyone know how long it is taking MA to update personal information at the moment?

My name might as well be listed as Mr Xachary X, so I want to put this right.

I believe that what MA is asking violates several US privacy laws. If not at least violates common sense.

They are asking me to provide a Picture ID and a Utility Bill? NO WAY. I would not provide this information to anyone because it allows my identity to be stolen too easy. The whole request sounds like a phishing scam. Next thing I know I will be getting bills for cars and homes I never purchased.

Shame on MA. This is not the way to handle updates.

Back