Can you see yourself playing in 3 years?

How will your you participate in EU 3 years from now?

• I will play just as much or more as I do today.

Votes: 142 51.3%
  • I will still play, but a lot less.

Votes: 95 34.3%
  • I won't be playing at all.

Votes: 40 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chances are mostly im not playing...

i Already played around 3 years. and with ongoing market. and the fact so many new Mmorpg's are comming. I dont think mindark are capable of keeping me hanging for another 3 years...

They need a miracly to do that :)

But 1 maybe max 2 years more i might play. But 3 years is a looong time :p

I don't even know what I'm going to eat tomorrow evening, how should I know if I will be playing EU 3 years from now. :rolleyes:
It will depend on so many things that I can't really say, I just keep on playing to have fun and when I don't I quit.
hmm, maybe pita tomorrow, or spaghetti, or ... Hell I don't know. :D

hmm, maybe pita tomorrow, or spaghetti, or ... Hell I don't know. :D

Fritje stoofvlees en tartaar , cervela speciaal en ne saté goe gekruid :D

I have no idea. Though with a tendency to reinvent myself every few years I may not be. Though when I started playing I envisioned EU as a lifetime pursuit. A virtual world one is invested in and has a place. Something that I would always have a presence in. But then you look at the US where I live and how they goad cc companies from enabling deposits and such. As well as thier desire to control every penny that changes hands the world over. It may not be possible for me to continue at some point. So at the present time I have been hoarding esi`s for a bailout scenario. But I have also been on my daily runs hunting and mining. I recently switched back to hunting to keep my PED card balance going. Mining went to hell for me. But at some point I may not be able to find the strategy that is working before I have to deposit too much. And that is something I`ll never do is deposit much more than a few bucks a month at most. I enjoy real life too much. Actually if I did`nt have to be home with kids I would probably play alot less than I do now. Time will tell.

I don't know either.. 3 years from 2007 is 2010.. that's a long time to play a game..

( Ultra necro for laughs and giggles)

I don't know either.. 3 years from 2007 is 2010.. that's a long time to play a game..

Lol!

So, who said "no" and still plays?

oh... i have survived this poll by faaaaaar!
:wtg:

Maybe a new poll from now ?

Well dont think it will be different :D

Will I be playing in 3 years?

Not if the game goes Vista only which I suspect it will at some point.

Interesting old post.

No Vista or Win10 needed, it still runs in Win7 and you are still here :)

Mods - can we maybe please have a section for necros which have interestingly been brought back from the dead?
I dislike it that some necros reappear once and once only because they are then locked. I'm sure to miss many interesting ones that way, whereas being moved to a special necro section but left open would make it clear that it was not a current thread, but brought back by someone for a reason which may be liked by others who then see it, or re-see it.

This thread is an example of that. I joined around then - and am still here, obviously....
3 years is no longer that long in the history of a long-burner!

Mods - can we maybe please have a section for necros which have interestingly been brought back from the dead?
I dislike it that some necros reappear once and once only because they are then locked. I'm sure to miss many interesting ones that way, whereas being moved to a special necro section but left open would make it clear that it was not a current thread, but brought back by someone for a reason which may be liked by others who then see it, or re-see it.

This thread is an example of that. I joined around then - and am still here, obviously....
3 years is no longer that long in the history of a long-burner!

Even though some necro posts may be interesting , this one has about 2/3 active out of 10 who still play from the looks of it, sadly.

I think the problem with that idea is that if someone disputed something on a necro post the player no longer is on to reply on matter/ subject of post might be irrelevant or obsolete now. Basically, There is no way they can reply to it and the original glory of it would sink to a sad nothing.

Last edited:
Will I be playing in 3 years?

Not if the game goes Vista only which I suspect it will at some point.

You got that one wrong Mega!

I wont be playing this if and when Windows 7 support ends though.

When Windows 7 "support" ends in 2020, it'll just be the security aspect that won't be available for updating. Windows 7 will be working for another 10 years (if you keep your box updated with all the stuff you should upgrade.

Mega loving the change, since 2007. Or better, the stop for support ;)
You will probably be able to lurk around with your win7 and your beloved gold card for 3-5 more years, at least when they will crush under the pressure of technology :D

I didn't post back then but did vote "I will play just as much or more as I do today" and indeed it's still the only online game I play.

You do know windows 10 is actually pretty solid and I love it so much more than 7?

You do know windows 10 is actually pretty solid and I love it so much more than 7?

Mega is built to hate the new stuff no matter what they are, what they do and how good hey actually are :laugh:

brainwashed.gif

Enjoy.

Chances are mostly im not playing...

i Already played around 3 years. and with ongoing market. and the fact so many new Mmorpg's are comming. I dont think mindark are capable of keeping me hanging for another 3 years...

They need a miracly to do that :)

But 1 maybe max 2 years more i might play. But 3 years is a looong time :p

And now is the year 2019 and you still here.:):):):):):)

I remember when win10 was introduced and I tested it, but it was impossible to disable defender which block any other AV software.
That was the main reason why I went back to win7 to use a way better AV software and firewall.

Although the above mentioned problem no longer exists, I am still on win7 as I never bothered to try win10 again.

Well my son has win10 it is really ok, but I am to lazy to get it on my old mashine.
When I buy myself a new mashine, then yes very likely with win10.

I remember when win10 was introduced and I tested it, but it was impossible to disable defender which block any other AV software.
That was the main reason why I went back to win7 to use a way better AV software and firewall.

Although the above mentioned problem no longer exists, I am still on win7 as I never bothered to try win10 again.

Well my son has win10 it is really ok, but I am to lazy to get it on my old mashine.
When I buy myself a new mashine, then yes very likely with win10.

In our game dev team we all only use win 10 and win defender. No other AV, about most AV make problems on game developing. Not so if u use win defender. But other ppl maybe have other reasons, why they use any other AV.

Win 10 is realy the best window ever, and every update it gets better. Soon win 10 will have a linux Kernel and will make things much faster, for some developing and apps too. It also run very stable. My pc run 24/7 and i maybe reboot it all 14 days.

Win 10 is realy the best window ever, and every update it gets better.

It just isn't.

http://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

40% of Americans think Trump is the best President ever, great - they aren't right (IMHO) but... fine think what you like. :yup:

None of this has anything to do with the thread topic of course but :dunno: dont say Windows 10 is good, because it's a turd and my post above was in reference to how I said in 2007 I would NOT use Windows Vista because it was shit, and 95% of people now agree with me.

I didn't use Windows Vista, I had to fix my cousin's Vista machine several times though. :cdevil: I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 64 bit.

Windows 10 is Shit and if a Windows 11 was ever to come out, most would agree in time, but as they had to give it away for free, we all know there wont be a Windows 11.

I'll say it plainer for the fanboys: If I cant access Entropia with Windows 7, then I'm done.
I'm very well aware of patches and updates. Thanks.

Last edited:
It just isn't.

http://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

40% of Americans think Trump is the best President ever, great - they aren't right (IMHO) but... fine think what you like. :yup:

None of this has anything to do with the thread topic of course but :dunno: dont say Windows 10 is good, because it's a turd and my post above was in reference to how I said in 2007 I would NOT use Windows Vista because it was shit, and 95% of people now agree with me.

I didn't use Windows Vista, I had to fix my cousin's Vista machine several times though. :cdevil: I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 64 bit.

Windows 10 is Shit and if a Windows 11 was ever to come out, most would agree in time, but as they had to give it away for free, we all know there wont be a Windows 11.

I'll say it plainer for the fanboys: If I cant access Entropia with Windows 7, then I'm done.
I'm very well aware of patches and updates. Thanks.

To be honest, I don't like windows 10 either. The forced auto-updates are one thing, but I definitely don't like its Cortana or whatever that thing is called that's trying to mine our personal data in the name of "personalizing our experience". :bs:

Even though some necro posts may be interesting , this one has about 2/3 active out of 10 who still play from the looks of it, sadly.

I think the problem with that idea is that if someone disputed something on a necro post the player no longer is on to reply on matter/ subject of post might be irrelevant or obsolete now. Basically, There is no way they can reply to it and the original glory of it would sink to a sad nothing.

I'm going with this necro is an exception to the rule. I hope it doesn't get locked. I bet most of the posters in this old thread, are still around they just have different names. The ones that matter are same same and should get gratz.

Win 10 rules, Win 7 seriously? :laugh::scratch2:

I bet most of the posters in this old thread, are still around

They are not.
Only a few of the original posters are still here.

Some left offically and said good bye, at least one got hired by MA and lost her avatar (Lykke) and many simply vanished.

Some who didn´t think they will stay that long back that days are still here, and thats a good thing :)

Last edited:
Entropia is addictive socially and from a meta point of view. Once you get "it", you will never lose it. Wether that addiction becomes toxic or is something which enriches your life, that has to do with personal development, philosophy and so on. 14 years here and can't see myself ever dropping it, even if sometimes I have pauses for objective reasons.

wrong thread
post removed!

Back