Scanning Skills

Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
Hi can anyone comment on the theory iv heard that:

Scaning skills have impact on the ratio between items vs. crap in loot?

Meaning when u have really high scan animal skills it will allow u to find more interesting items in loot rather than animal oils all the time...

I read a quite a few threads but didnt find any info aobut this... i know when gaining scan skills u also gain other skills that are beneficial i.e. for crafting...

however is there any use of Scan Animal/Robot/Mutant/Human skill ?

Ido

Id like to know this aswell. -=BUMP=-

Its an interesting thought, but I must say that my scanning skills are very very low lvl 2 I think, yet when hunting the right mobs I get lots of items in my loot.

If you are suggesting that it improves your chances to find higher end items, then I might agree, I have never looted anything over a Korrs 400 (L). :(

I have pretty good scanning skills (xeno unlocked), and let me assure you that the number of cool items in my loots = 0...so...make your own conclusions.

Kombinator said:
I have pretty good scanning skills (xeno unlocked), and let me assure you that the number of cool items in my loots = 0...so...make your own conclusions.

So what is the purpose of scaning skills in your oppinion ?

In my opinion scanning is much like taming: an area that will be developed into something viable in future, but for now just dead weight.

Hi can anyone comment on the theory iv heard that:

Scaning skills have impact on the ratio between items vs. crap in loot?

Meaning when u have really high scan animal skills it will allow u to find more interesting items in loot rather than animal oils all the time...

I read a quite a few threads but didnt find any info aobut this... i know when gaining scan skills u also gain other skills that are beneficial i.e. for crafting...

however is there any use of Scan Animal/Robot/Mutant/Human skill ?

Ido

cool to have some use for scaning skills, but i seriously doubt that there is and differance. Scaning for most i think is a total skill booster only

What?! :scratch2:

Seriously, scanning skills add to some rare unrelated skill areas, attributes and total skills count. You get them because you give MA decay, they in turn reward all decay with skills.

What?! :scratch2:

you give MA decay, they in turn reward all decay with skills.

I beg to differ...My refiner decays, but I get no skills from refining...Oh wait, Metallurgy,,,oh wait they have that misplaced in mining. LOL

Last edited:
Something else Inoticed you get is Genetics. Made me wonder if there's far more dnas to be made than we know of. you simply need a high enough genetics to make them. };>)

I beg to differ...My refiner decays, but I get no skills from refining...Oh wait, Metallurgy,,,oh wait they have that misplaced in mining. LOL

You get the produce of the raw materials. You decay it and it converts something on the spot and on demand. A scanner, weapon or finder, will not give you anything on the spot.

Also, the refiner was intended to be used by crafters, as they need refined materials and were not actually producing decay until the L items were introduced.

I found another Thread that discussing more or less the same issues.

Hi all

Was wondering about all these skills like Scan Human, Scan Robot, Scan Mutant, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but atm the are completly useless ain't they ? Wich bring me to think that MA will sooner or later assign them to more usefull things than just boosting your total skills :laugh:

Any1 know anything 'bout where MA is going with these skills ? :scratch2:

Well I have some ideas & bring some more in :wtg:

-Scan Human: when you reach a certain lvl you can scan and see all the detailed skills of an ava even do he choosed to block them from public viewing ! :silly2:

-Scan Robot: when you reach a certain lvl you can see if a particular bot can highjacked or not and maybe further up in skills lvl you could (tame) him or even have him to call for the mother ship to come down and then whaam --} full blown beacon assault (or full squadrons of bots come out anf the ship or both ! :wtg:

-Scan Mutant: at a particular lvl you can, I dunno, learn some new DNA recipie or maybe learn their language and (again) after sufficient language comprehension learn from the natives the rough coords of some forgotten loot (clothes, dagger, club whatever) or maybe even specific coords for platinum deposit !

Anything goes :yay:

Have a nice day

This Guy in on the roll. MA should listen 2 him. :)

Hello Ido! Yeah good question...I was wondering the same thing, but I doubt it really matters.

Scanning isn't really an issue.

I scan solely to get the side skills that go with scanning; ie Computer, Perception, etc. These skills help with other professions in the game.

I have good {lvl 10 avg} scanning skills and my loot is rubbish, except for my 1 HOF a month ago.

I am near lvl 26 Robot Investigator.... no good items from those TinHeads for me so far :laugh:

i have often wondered what the point of skilling scaning up maybe MA have a good plan for it :scratch2:

i have often wondered what the point of skilling scaning up maybe MA have a good plan for it :scratch2:

I bet their plans are as good as those for taming :laugh:

No single skill or set of skills has any visible effect on the type or amount of loots you get when hunting. Scanning does, however, supplement hunting skills nicely.

If a new avatar begins skilling Handgun, they will see their Laser Pistoleer profession increase, but after a time their Humanoid Investigator will also begin to increase. This is an indication that the two professions - hunting and scanning - share some skills. By increasing one profession, you positively affect the other. So scanning, particularly humanoid scanning, is a nice way to get a little boost on the minor hunting skills such as Anatomy and Perception. It will also, over time, increase your Intelligence, Probing, and Genetics, to name a few.

I don't think scanning is a waste of time at all. :)

Scanning also gives 2 unlocks xeno and robo, and if you are really persistent scientist at lvl 60. However I noticed no benefit at all so far, it is a bet on possible future developments at this point.

hmmmm

at higher levels you can use higher crafted scanners n get the rarer skills a lil faster:wtg:

Yes but the point is scanning profession is as badly developed s the taming one, so being a super scanner does not give you anything but some unlocks and higher skill counts...yet

I heard the following :

Scanning gives you "Analasys" which should improve your allround crafting skills in some form just as "engeneering" and "Intelligence".
How it works exactly I don't know , I heard this.

GR

Castro

I heard the following :

Scanning gives you "Analasys" which should improve your allround crafting skills in some form just as "engeneering" and "Intelligence".
How it works exactly I don't know , I heard this.

GR

Castro

Just a hunch but i think Analysis is some kind of translation skill from science to skill, allowing sciences to grant an added bonus to the skill in question. So Biology works with anatomy, mechanics and electronics crafting etc, and the analysis affecting the amount of "bonus" transfered.
Nothing solid but this is my belief.

I read somewhere that lvl 30 in scanning profession give 1 hp / profession.
Anyone can confirm that?

I read somewhere that lvl 30 in scanning profession give 1 hp / profession.
Anyone can confirm that?

It's not clear to me what you're asking, but there are no documented cases of people getting hp from professional standings. All hp seem to come from attributes and skills.

IIRC, no scanning related skills give hp. The unlock at level 30 might do so, but i doubt it.

Back