Residue FAQ

noob

I'm still pretty noob to crafting as I am just starting (L) items.
I see how residue is an issue.
Any good tips for getting more residue while crafting other items. I believe that if you set it on higher condition your odds at getting residue are higher. I just was having trouble getting enmatter residue... it seemed like ore residue comes more often.. I also notice that enmatter residue is a lot cheaper on auction... am I missing something. Any good ideas on how to get more?

Nice guide, nice guide indeed. Really useful for me because I really don't know anything from crafting.

I've been looking for a substitute activity for hunting since it really doesn't work for me.

Example: You have a Breer M4a (L) BP. This blueprint needs:

Binary energy (enmatter)
Kanerium (ore)
Animal Pancreas gland oil
Animal Thyroid gland oil
Electropositive Modulator

This means that you can use metal, energy and animal oil residue (we can forget about the Electropositive modulator as it is a crafted component). The clever crafter would then use animal oil residue as it is the cheapest one. The Breers maxed tt value is 175.6 and will probably use around 150 peds of residue, but to be on the safe side you should put at least 175 peds in there as you will get the remaining residue back anyway.

I am new to crafting, I tend to get frequent failed attempts - what happens to all the residue you put in on a failed attempt? (Using your above example: 175 PED worth of residue for the Breer.)

Regards.

I am new to crafting, I tend to get frequent failed attempts - what happens to all the residue you put in on a failed attempt? (Using your above example: 175 PED worth of residue for the Breer.)

Regards.

Residue will only be consumed on a success.

I'm still pretty noob to crafting as I am just starting (L) items.
I see how residue is an issue.
Any good tips for getting more residue while crafting other items. I believe that if you set it on higher condition your odds at getting residue are higher. I just was having trouble getting enmatter residue... it seemed like ore residue comes more often.. I also notice that enmatter residue is a lot cheaper on auction... am I missing something. Any good ideas on how to get more?

I fined my friend that the component book I and II if u wish to try crafting is get each bp to 15.0..then move to the next and the next and the next until the entire books r all at 15.0 rating..takes time but dinner times good time to autocraft..always leave condition at standard..unless you have a high rated bp of more than 75.0 rating..i am only at lvl 35 but in crafting it has become easier to make my own goods for the purpose of L bp's as not always you can get the goods on auction..i seem to have always got money back on all crafted components after each 15.0 rated bp by leaving them on auction after the craft..but the trick is to store them for the L bp's that need the components

Just my little bit of imput..hope it helps..i craft at sakura city where i live at..or sanctuary Arkadia when i'm there..always welcome to ask me if you see me

Since the basics of residue use is well known to me and i do not need explanation on this subject i have a bit "out of a box" question:

should one use residue for crafting unlimited high end items from limited blueprints?

Example:
This blueprint <click> is a (L) blueprint that success results with an ul weapon. The problem with most high end ul weapon is: they have a 50% condition limit so are not usable under 50% of its max TT value.
The weapon in example has 204.00ped max TT value. Blueprint from the example uses 7.89ped TT value of items and as far i have noticed crafting on maxed blueprint on full qunatity (that is what we want to achieve here, right?) gives items with about the same TT value as the cost of click (sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more). So if the contition limit would be 3% i would expect to get ~7-9ped weapons when not using any residue.

So what would be outcome if i would not use any residue at all in this case.
1) Would it be item with less than 50% TT value but not usable untill repaired above it?
2) Or mayby crafting it on full qunatity might not be the smartest move because i would have to get at least 102ped global to get the item and in any other case i would just get residue or remaints (i think there is some sort of crystal that crafted on full condition yelds more success rate because the TT value is too high compared to TT used and it does not eat residue becasue it is stackable or something like that - not sure on this case)?
3) Or mayby i could use a residue (in this case 102peds to make sure that success will give an actual item) and craft as any other (L) item?

I have never crafted any of those fancy ul weapons from (L) blueprints so have no idea (and i am pretty sure most people have no experience here too because the blueprints are extremly expensive).

So basicly my concluding question in here is: what is the tactic to properly craft those?

Falagor
:bandit:

1) Would it be item with less than 50% TT value but not usable untill repaired above it?
I can't imagine any reason it shouldn't be option 1? I've never seen any indication that the crafting system cares the least about the "usable TT-value" of items.
Not that I have any experiance withi the perticular case you present here (L bp -> UL weapon), so don't take my word for it :)

I can't imagine any reason it shouldn't be option 1? I've never seen any indication that the crafting system cares the least about the "usable TT-value" of items.
Not that I have any experiance withi the perticular case you present here (L bp -> UL weapon), so don't take my word for it :)

I also think it should be possible this way but... have you ever seen any item below its condition limit? I have not (but mayby i was not looking good enough ;)).

Would like to hear more answers on this so consider this a small bump in middle of the day ;).

Falagor

I will bump this up because so far there was no sure answer to my question ;).

Falagor

I have seen crafted items that have TT bars BELOW their condition limit. There was a Dante amp on auction last month that was way below it's condition limit (something like .99 pec, don't recall). Usually when I click something that has a TT bar and it is below the condition limit I just TT it since it is worthless. Unless it is a useful item such as a Dante amp ;)

~Danimal

I have seen crafted items that have TT bars BELOW their condition limit. There was a Dante amp on auction last month that was way below it's condition limit (something like .99 pec, don't recall). Usually when I click something that has a TT bar and it is below the condition limit I just TT it since it is worthless. Unless it is a useful item such as a Dante amp ;)

~Danimal

Thx for answer. This means that best tactic is to just craft them on full quantity and do not worry about residue at all ;).

Falagor

Thx for answer. This means that best tactic is to just craft them on full quantity and do not worry about residue at all ;).

Falagor

No problem :)

~Danimal

I also think it should be possible this way but... have you ever seen any item below its condition limit? I have not (but mayby i was not looking good enough ;)).
yes, seen some on auction, but it's hard say if the stuff was crafted, or if it was TTed and then the avatar used the pay MA to pull stuff out of the Recycle bin trick.

Since the basics of residue use is well known to me and i do not need explanation on this subject i have a bit "out of a box" question:

should one use residue for crafting unlimited high end items from limited blueprints?

Example:
This blueprint <click> is a (L) blueprint that success results with an ul weapon. The problem with most high end ul weapon is: they have a 50% condition limit so are not usable under 50% of its max TT value.
The weapon in example has 204.00ped max TT value. Blueprint from the example uses 7.89ped TT value of items and as far i have noticed crafting on maxed blueprint on full qunatity (that is what we want to achieve here, right?) gives items with about the same TT value as the cost of click (sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more). So if the contition limit would be 3% i would expect to get ~7-9ped weapons when not using any residue.

2) Or mayby crafting it on full qunatity might not be the smartest move because i would have to get at least 102ped global to get the item and in any other case i would just get residue or remaints (i think there is some sort of crystal that crafted on full condition yelds more success rate because the TT value is too high compared to TT used and it does not eat residue becasue it is stackable or something like that - not sure on this case)?
3) Or mayby i could use a residue (in this case 102peds to make sure that success will give an actual item) and craft as any other (L) item?

I have never crafted any of those fancy ul weapons from (L) blueprints so have no idea (and i am pretty sure most people have no experience here too because the blueprints are extremly expensive).

So basicly my concluding question in here is: what is the tactic to properly craft those?

Falagor

those bps (unL sib guns) have a really nice booster (tt cost of click multiplier on succes) on them that makes them i think always usable
always to craft n full quantity and try to search for the best time, usually try to craft other bp maxed(94 cos) and search to craft after a maximun of failures is best tactic imo

~Danimal

dante being cost 40 peds per click http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Blueprint&id=25
cant be made under usable condition, as minimum usable condition is +-6 peds whle cost 40, it cant be under 40( or really close ) tt of crafted item, if it was so low had to be from a TTed and recovered dante

I haven't done much crafting much less with residue. If I select to use residue and that particular click fails, do I lose both the main ingredients and the residue or just the main ingredients? I seem to recall it's only the ingredients, but I can't say for sure.

For some reason my eyes are glossing over and I'm not finding the answer to this question in this post even though I'm pretty sure it's in here.

I haven't done much crafting much less with residue. If I select to use residue and that particular click fails, do I lose both the main ingredients and the residue or just the main ingredients? I seem to recall it's only the ingredients, but I can't say for sure.

For some reason my eyes are glossing over and I'm not finding the answer to this question in this post even though I'm pretty sure it's in here.

residue only gets added to success

Back