Residue FAQ

Thanks Mandy. I tried to add that and some other info a few days ago, but unfortunately you can't edit your posts if they are too old. :(

You will also get Metal Residue when crafting using texture extractors. Crafting leather textures I have been getting both Metal Residue and Tailoring Remnants.

Bad me. :(

Thx for the reply, but I should have asked ...can robot res be used in place of/as well as metal/XXX res?

Pretty clear it's just where a bot ingredient is requested by the BP....maybe worth adding to the OP though, I didn't know and I'm in Mensa.. :rolleyes: :laugh:

t

+ rep for this information. I have been crafting for soon 3 years - and was never certain about how residue worked (and therefor only used in on a couple of amps) !

:) Lootius bless the crafters!

my thanxs for the input and knowledge..it has been a great help to me..ty:yay::D

Would you use animal res for something that takes wool/hides? It was a mamba print that had 2 clicks, both failed but i got taloring res back, so not sure what would be best to use.

Would you use animal res for something that takes wool/hides? It was a mamba print that had 2 clicks, both failed but i got taloring res back, so not sure what would be best to use.

There is no animal oil in that bp so animal oil res is useless. Tailoring remnants, energy res or metal res would have worked.

Great info that all crafters should know about. Thanks for putting this together!

There is no animal oil in that bp so animal oil res is useless. Tailoring remnants, energy res or metal res would have worked.

Tailoring remnants work with refined tailoring materials such as leather and textile. They do not work with hides or wool.

Tailoring remnants work with refined tailoring materials such as leather and textile. They do not work with hides or wool.

The mamba bp needs wool cloth, which should allow for tailoring remnants to be used.

I have a GeoTrek LP120 Niloticus (L) blueprint (L) that uses:

Solis Paste
Galaxy SIII Ion Conductors (Typo, Thyroid Oil)
Metal Mounting (Standard Plates (Oil,Belk), Robot Low-Loss Link Cable)

Question is, I know I can use Energry Residue due to the Solis Paste, can I use Anmial or Robot residue since the materials used to make the materials for the final click are made from animal and robot parts?

Since this is a L bp with only 42 clicks I want to make sure I use the best residue possible.

I have a GeoTrek LP120 Niloticus (L) blueprint (L) that uses:

Solis Paste
Galaxy SIII Ion Conductors (Typo, Thyroid Oil)
Metal Mounting (Standard Plates (Oil,Belk), Robot Low-Loss Link Cable)

Question is, I know I can use Energry Residue due to the Solis Paste, can I use Anmial or Robot residue since the materials used to make the materials for the final click are made from animal and robot parts?

Since this is a L bp with only 42 clicks I want to make sure I use the best residue possible.

I think it'll have to be either energy or metal res for that one. You could check it by trying to drop one tailoring or robot res into the machine with the BP and ingredients. If you can't use them, the machine won't accept them (I think).

I think it'll have to be either energy or metal res for that one. You could check it by trying to drop one tailoring or robot res into the machine with the BP and ingredients. If you can't use them, the machine won't accept them (I think).

The machine will accept them but not use them, in my experience. I've noticed that the crafting window will accept (at least in most cases) residues that will not be consumed. When the click is successful, the unusable residues just remain sitting there.

I'm fairly certain that the for mats you listed, Solis, Metal Mountings, and Galaxy SIII conductors will mean that you can use energy matter residue and/or metal residue, regardless of the mats used earlier in the process to craft the components.

The machine will accept them but not use them, in my experience. I've noticed that the crafting window will accept (at least in most cases) residues that will not be consumed. When the click is successful, the unusable residues just remain sitting there.

Ah OK, my mistake, thanks Phoebe :)

ok, so I have a Geotrek LP470 Manis bp. As I recall, it uses the following materials-

Plastic Springs II
Spur Gears 2k
Geotrek Buttstock
Solar 8v Batteries

These are all crafted items. Which types of residue can I use? It's an expensive bp, so I don't want to waste clicks experimenting, but I would sure like to use cheap residue.

ok, so I have a Geotrek LP470 Manis bp. As I recall, it uses the following materials-

Plastic Springs II
Spur Gears 2k
Geotrek Buttstock
Solar 8v Batteries

These are all crafted items. Which types of residue can I use? It's an expensive bp, so I don't want to waste clicks experimenting, but I would sure like to use cheap residue.

For the manis you have to use metal. All crafted components take metal res.

For the manis you have to use metal. All crafted components take metal res.

Exactly right. If the BP called for some enmatter addition, then you could use enmat residue instead. Same for animal oils. However, since this one calls for only crafted components, you can use metal residue only.

So for mine it's either Metal or Energy residue. Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I can get rid of the 650 ped of animal residue I was saving...lol

So for mine it's either Metal or Energy residue. Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I can get rid of the 650 ped of animal residue I was saving...lol

Ouch. Yeah, unless you can use it for another BP, you can auction it. You are right, though, you can use energy matter since the BP calls for solis paste, or you can use metal residue since it uses some crafted components. Energy matter residue is often a bit cheaper than metal.

Another question.... :)

How do you calculate how much residue you need per click. Is it as simple as taking Max TT - Cost of click = Residue needed?

Example a 10 Click Loughlin Scratcher Two (L) blueprint (L) I have.

46.7 (Max TT) -7.04 (Cost) = 39.66 (amount of residue needed per click)

Now, I realize that every click is not going to be a success and more residue will drop on some failures but just looking for a rule of thumb calculation.

How do you calculate how much residue you need per click. Is it as simple as taking Max TT - Cost of click = Residue needed?

Example a 10 Click Loughlin Scratcher Two (L) blueprint (L) I have.

46.7 (Max TT) -7.04 (Cost) = 39.66 (amount of residue needed per click)

Now, I realize that every click is not going to be a success and more residue will drop on some failures but just looking for a rule of thumb calculation.

When you click without residue and get a success, the item you get does not have the same tt as the cost of the click. If you have not clicked scratcher twos before it is hard to know what the usual tt of the scratcher will be.

As far as I know there is no formula.

Subscribed to the thread....;) nice thread tho.

So you dont use metal residue when crafting like settler shins ? That whas kinda :ahh::ahh::ahh:

Wow. super old thread but oh well i guess. i read through it and still don't see the answer i need.

Robot Residue. How is it used? Just on items that use robot components or can you use it with ore using BPs, such as ore amps?

Wow. super old thread but oh well i guess. i read through it and still don't see the answer i need.

Robot Residue. How is it used? Just on items that use robot components or can you use it with ore using BPs, such as ore amps?

Just on items that uses robot components.

I have a question which I haven't seen answered here:
If I put in residue and I get a failure (Dread the thought), does the residue disappear as well?

I have a question which I haven't seen answered here:
If I put in residue and I get a failure (Dread the thought), does the residue disappear as well?

No it is only used in succesfull attempts when the attempt creates an item lower that the max TT value of the item.

Cheers
Siam

I believe to get max TT value, you only need to add residue to cover (TT-Material cost). It seems any res that drops on success is added to item as well. As an example, on a success, it is possible to get a full TT item without adding any residue if you hit a global. The extra residue is returned to you in your goodie window...

I believe to get max TT value, you only need to add residue to cover (TT-Material cost)

What do you mean by material cost? If you mean how much it cost you per click, then this isnt true.

There is no way to know how much residue you will use, so if you want to get full tt item, safiest is to put exact amount of res.

Example: the item you are going to craft has 50 ped full tt.
Material cost has absolutly nothing with this calc and it doesnt matter.
Let say you are crafting item without res, and you make it with value 10ped.
That means, if you were crafting it with residue, you would get full tt item (50 ped) but you would spent 40 ped tt worth of residue.

Back