Thread: Residue FAQ

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Danimal Diep
    Society
    AoE - Agents of Entropy
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have seen crafted items that have TT bars BELOW their condition limit. There was a Dante amp on auction last month that was way below it's condition limit (something like .99 pec, don't recall). Usually when I click something that has a TT bar and it is below the condition limit I just TT it since it is worthless. Unless it is a useful item such as a Dante amp

~Danimal

Laser pee-shooter master L92

Looking for: Corn Sail
    2013 Goals/ Rent my gear/ Juicy June! & FREE Mining Amps

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by danimal01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have seen crafted items that have TT bars BELOW their condition limit. There was a Dante amp on auction last month that was way below it's condition limit (something like .99 pec, don't recall). Usually when I click something that has a TT bar and it is below the condition limit I just TT it since it is worthless. Unless it is a useful item such as a Dante amp

~Danimal
    Thx for answer. This means that best tactic is to just craft them on full quantity and do not worry about residue at all .

Falagor

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Danimal Diep
    Society
    AoE - Agents of Entropy
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    Thx for answer. This means that best tactic is to just craft them on full quantity and do not worry about residue at all .

Falagor
    No problem

~Danimal

Laser pee-shooter master L92

Looking for: Corn Sail
    2013 Goals/ Rent my gear/ Juicy June! & FREE Mining Amps

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I also think it should be possible this way but... have you ever seen any item below its condition limit? I have not (but mayby i was not looking good enough ).
    yes, seen some on auction, but it's hard say if the stuff was crafted, or if it was TTed and then the avatar used the pay MA to pull stuff out of the Recycle bin trick.

Alpha
    Boardian Chilix Corunian.
    Society
    The Smurfs
    Images
    Since the basics of residue use is well known to me and i do not need explanation on this subject i have a bit "out of a box" question:

should one use residue for crafting unlimited high end items from limited blueprints?

Example:
    This blueprint <click> is a (L) blueprint that success results with an ul weapon. The problem with most high end ul weapon is: they have a 50% condition limit so are not usable under 50% of its max TT value.
    The weapon in example has 204.00ped max TT value. Blueprint from the example uses 7.89ped TT value of items and as far i have noticed crafting on maxed blueprint on full qunatity (that is what we want to achieve here, right?) gives items with about the same TT value as the cost of click (sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more). So if the contition limit would be 3% i would expect to get ~7-9ped weapons when not using any residue.

So what would be outcome if i would not use any residue at all in this case.
    1) Would it be item with less than 50% TT value but not usable untill repaired above it?
    2) Or mayby crafting it on full qunatity might not be the smartest move because i would have to get at least 102ped global to get the item and in any other case i would just get residue or remaints (i think there is some sort of crystal that crafted on full condition yelds more success rate because the TT value is too high compared to TT used and it does not eat residue becasue it is stackable or something like that - not sure on this case)?
    3) Or mayby i could use a residue (in this case 102peds to make sure that success will give an actual item) and craft as any other (L) item?

I have never crafted any of those fancy ul weapons from (L) blueprints so have no idea (and i am pretty sure most people have no experience here too because the blueprints are extremly expensive).

So basicly my concluding question in here is: what is the tactic to properly craft those?

Falagor
    those bps (unL sib guns) have a really nice booster (tt cost of click multiplier on succes) on them that makes them i think always usable
    always to craft n full quantity and try to search for the best time, usually try to craft other bp maxed(94 cos) and search to craft after a maximun of failures is best tactic imo

Alpha
    Boardian Chilix Corunian.
    Society
    The Smurfs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by danimal01 View Post

~Danimal
    dante being cost 40 peds per click http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.asp...lueprint&id=25
    cant be made under usable condition, as minimum usable condition is +-6 peds whle cost 40, it cant be under 40( or really close ) tt of crafted item, if it was so low had to be from a TTed and recovered dante

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    I haven't done much crafting much less with residue. If I select to use residue and that particular click fails, do I lose both the main ingredients and the residue or just the main ingredients? I seem to recall it's only the ingredients, but I can't say for sure.

For some reason my eyes are glossing over and I'm not finding the answer to this question in this post even though I'm pretty sure it's in here.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Test Jqkill Muffin
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofaces View Post
    I haven't done much crafting much less with residue. If I select to use residue and that particular click fails, do I lose both the main ingredients and the residue or just the main ingredients? I seem to recall it's only the ingredients, but I can't say for sure.

For some reason my eyes are glossing over and I'm not finding the answer to this question in this post even though I'm pretty sure it's in here.
    residue only gets added to success

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8