A visit at the Beauty Parlor - All the things you need to know

Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
So you decided to change your looks a little bit... new haircut or maybe some platic surgery done to your body or face... Here is everything you need to know about how the Beauty System in EU works from the Clients Perspective

Step 1 - Finding your Beautician

There are quite a few beauticians working on the planet Calypso i will not list any names since with the possibility of trading skills these can change quite rapidly...

when deciding which one to visit you might ask your freinds for referrals, read the EF (EntropiaForum > Professions > Avatar Beauty) subsection and even browse beautician websites to see what services they offer and at what prices (i.e. http://parlor.atspace.com)

Comparing prices is propably the way most people will go but dont forget about other benefits (beauticians often offer discounts or other special opportunities) ... So take your time choosing the right beautician since your expirience of the beauty process might be influenced by this choice

Step 2 - Basic Parlor Interaction

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/1/space2.jpg[/wrap]Once you choose your beautician and have a chance to meet them at their workplace in game you will most often encounter the beauty saloon set up with the 3 main furniture items (from left):
- Body Sculpting Unit
- Hairsytling Chair
- Face Sculpting Chair

Be sure to sit down in the proper chair for the procedure you are planing else the beautician will ask you to change your place... you can sit down on/activate the furniture by clicking on them or using the "Sit Down On" action from your action library. To get out of a chair or the body unit use the "Stand Up" action u normaly use when standing up from any other chair

Step 3 - The Procedure Begins

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/1/entrie1.jpg[/wrap]The Beautician will apprach you with the appropriate tool and a control interface will open looking like the one presented on the left (control interface for Hairstyling)

Pressing the "Entries" and "Info" buttons on top will expand the interface to show the entris Icons and the Price for the procedure

A little textbox below shows the name of the category you are currently viewing

The big Green Circle Area below is the control panel with wich you are able to adjust the settings of the current category either by moving the small circle croshair around the panel or by pressing on the arrows on the sides of the square (if they are lit and no croshair is visible)

If you decide you dont like the changes doen to this category and wish to revert to original simply press "Reset" button below.

The two gray arrows next to the reset button can be used to navigate through the possible categories... two methods of navigation ar possible either by using the entries panel icons or by clicking on the gray arrows.

On the info panel the customer will see the Success Rating of the procedure that will be performed and the Price for the procedure (*note* the shown interface is from the beauticians side which allows him to set the price, the customer will only be able to see the price and not modify it)

Below are the Accept, Propose and Exit buttons. "Exit" will cancel the procedure and discard all changes made to the avatar. "Propose" is used to shift the control over the procedure between you and the Beautician and the "Accept" is used once both parties agree to what the look is supposed to be and you are ready for the change (Accept button located left of the propose button is visible only to the client) ...

Step 4 - The new you

Now that the interface is started note everything is grayed out. This is because the procedure starts with the CONTROL on the side of the beautician. You may ask the beautician to give you the control of the procedure or ask him to set up the look you are aiming at.

The Beautician will add some materials to the procedure and will have to set a price. Since nowdays the beauty procedures are priced per category and the beautician cant know beforehand what changes you will make he might set the price to say 9000 ped just to make sure you will not accept the changes without showing him what exactly it is that you want to change.

If you are in control of the procedure and are making changes it is important to propose the changes to the beautician before accepting. The otehr side does not see the changes made untill the "Propose" button is pressed...

Do not fear pressing the propose button... it is a good way to show your beautician what look you are aiming at and maybe ask for his oppinion the control can be shifted many times between both parties by pressing hte propose button ... and it is YOU who has the final word by pressing the accept button

Once you set up all the changes and propose the procedure the beautician will inform you and set up the price of the procedure and add any additional necessary materials... then hand the control back to you... at this point all you have to do is press "Accept"

Next the system will show you a window with the price of the procedure which you can choose to accept by pressing yes and then once the attempt is done around 10 seconds later another window will appear asking you of you would like to keep the current look.

Unless you beautican tells you not to
-- Always Press YES to the Keep Look Question --

Step 5 - Oh no! The procedure Failed

This happens very often that the procedure does not succed 100% at the first attempt. Since the system is based on MA randomness it migh happen that the procedure fails or is just a partial success.

You always want to keep the look after the procedure since a partial success will get you closer to the desired look and make the beauticians job easier (to start from a look set inbetween the old and new rather than starting all over)

In most cases the beautician will repeat the procedure untill full success without any additional charge. But it is important to make sure that is the case before you start the procedure.

The minimum fee that the beautician is allowed to set is 0.01 ped so do not be surprised if you see this ammount on the attempts following the failed one.

Step 6 - Success

After a few attempts the procedure will succed and you will be able to keep the new look. In most cases you would have paid for the procedure with the first attmept (note money is automaticaly taken out of your PED card when u accept the procedure and press yes to the price) and you will be all set and ready to go.

The End

I hope this will help everyone to interact with the beauty interface and clear out some things about how the whole thing works :)

Some final notes on current beauty related bugs
- Sometimes the procedure is stuck and the control wont move (relog usualy solves the problem)

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Interface picture taken from http://www.athalante.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=38 i hope you guys dont mind :) i wrote this tutorial while at work and ur image came up on google

Last edited:
Nice guide Ido.

Must be hard to explain the same things over and over again. I gotta say you did a great job explaining the whole proces when I got my new hair a while ago.

Good luck with your service!

Nice job....

The guide is like your services...always perfect...

I realy feel like having some surgery done now...

Ido...cut my nose off...

+rep

Nice guide Ido, thanks :)

very helpful Ido. The first time i went to the parlor (to add hair lol) I had no idea what to expect. This should put some minds at ease.

ty,
Tinker

great guide

This is definitely a great guide, I was curious about this and what all they could do. But the link does not work. But still I am re re reading it to check it out. =}

This is definitely a great guide, I was curious about this and what all they could do. But the link does not work. But still I am re re reading it to check it out. =}

Which link? All the links in Ido's post seem to work fine :confused:

<edit: ah I see, thx Ido>

Last edited:
Yes atspace host blocks certain few countries who's inhabitants abused its free service for malicious purposes

I am looking into changing the host so soon you should be able to visit my site without any problems

Ido

Yes atspace host blocks certain few countries who's inhabitants abused its free service for malicious purposes

I am looking into changing the host so soon you should be able to visit my site without any problems

Ido

u do that so i can finaly get in there :)

as for the guide,great job,im sure lots of ppl will find it usefull and many more will be encouraged to try it out.

A recent bug i have encountered...

Thank you so much for this fantastic guide! i am quite new to the beauty business, an I am loving it!
I set my shop up at my apartment.

I recently encountered my first major bug -- it is with my hairstylist chair.

The first time, it happened with a client who wished for me to shave his head. The look was applied however I received an internal error message in the chat window. No materials were used, and no PED came out of the client's card. When they re-logged, the new applied look disappeared and the old look was restored.
I tried again and again, at different times of the day, and on different day!
It only happened with that one client (who ended up going to someone else where it did succeed), but yesterday it happened with another client who is a friend and in-game neighbor!
I had been doing haircuts all day without trouble, and was able to do haircuts on other people right after with no error messages.
I submitted a bug report after the first time, but it looks like i will have to do another - this is really not good for my business!

Have you ever encountered this bug?

Again, wonderful guide, and i am sure my clients will benefit greatly from it too!
+rep!

Reactions: Ido
Hi,

Yes i have encountered this bug many times...

However not in the hair chair...

Mainly when coloring eyes when the customer had an IRIS of a texture which i haven't unlocked yet ... for example cat eyes etc...
The bug appears when you try to make a procedure on someone who has one of the other categories set to an option you can't do yet ... might be ie when you color hair for someone who has a style you haven't unlocked etc.

I hope this helps .. and i hope MA will fix it .. this bug has been in game for 2+ years

Ido

Great Guide

So you decided to change your looks a little bit... new haircut or maybe some platic surgery done to your body or face... Here is everything you need to know about how the Beauty System in EU works from the Clients Perspective

Step 1 - Finding your Beautician

There are quite a few beauticians working on the planet Calypso i will not list any names since with the possibility of trading skills these can change quite rapidly...

I am one of Calypso's newest stylist, and I am loving it! And now I am loving your fantastic guide! :yay:

Thank you Ido!

P.S. I would love to hear from you in a PM about any beauty bugs you may have encountered; I am having some serious serious issues with an error code causing my services to fail with an internal error message. I have submited a bug report, but no help yet. :(

Thanks again,

Liv :girl:

Nice guide....

Realy nice guide....maybe some update of pictures would help ;)

Back