Obvious things it took you ages to notice

7 years of playing, lvl 16 miner ... and just this past month I noticed that the claim markers match the color of the claim deeds... I am a failure :)

Last edited:
Well that reminds me that I needed several month to notice that you could zoom onto targets, using the mousewheel, when a scope is attached to your gun.
Very helpful for long range tagging.

Armor sets that have face guards are compatible with hats.
Armor sets that have helmets are compatible with glasses.

If you have auto target enabled your max range is lower then listed on gun, take auto target option off and use manual aim you can tag mobs farther out.

If you have auto target enabled your max range is lower then listed on gun, take auto target option off and use manual aim you can tag mobs farther out.

Also that last few meters you are just creeping and if the target is moving at all you will just follow until it stops, that is very annoying.

This may have been mentioned before. I have armor sets hotkeyed so I can quickly and easily switch armors as needed on the fly. Hotkeyed armors wont work if they are stored in a container, like an "anti-gravity armor container", what?! :scratch2:

the first two from the op.. do they still work? because I have never noticed it.. lol

A few to start the ball rolling:

1. When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range (for a long time I just thought my graphics card was playing up )

2. You *can* fap at full strength while walking forwards, as long as you're not going downhill, because then you speed up and the heals drop.

for the second one, I think the key word is walking

Walking backwards or forwards very likely ends with healing deminished by movement these days.

Worked well in the past.
Today you can even stand still while FAPing and get healing deminished by movement :D

This may have been mentioned before. I have armor sets hotkeyed so I can quickly and easily switch armors as needed on the fly. Hotkeyed armors wont work if they are stored in a container, like an "anti-gravity armor container", what?! :scratch2:

You can't use ammo from containers, why should armor work? :)

The thing is, unlike all other key/desktop binds, armor/clothes shortcuts don't disappear when the item is relocated from the inventory root. You can create an armor set, put the armor to planet storage and leave the planet, and the shortcut will persist - and it will be usable again next time the item is back in the inventory (note that it looks for exactly same item, not similar - tested with tt armor by binding, tt'ing and buying another set).

Walking backwards or forwards very likely ends with healing deminished by movement these days.

Worked well in the past.
Today you can even stand still while FAPing and get healing deminished by movement :D

That is true, but I have found that walking and not running still works most of the time. BTW when I first started as long as you were going backwards you could FAP and not lose strength but somewhere around VU 10,I think, that stopped.

As i get many ppl asking questions like: "Where are you?" "cant see you can you come to tp?" decided to make this post.

If you need to find someone you see advertising in local chat, click his name, choose "show status bar" activate it, look around, see green box, walk to the person.

As i get many ppl asking questions like: "Where are you?" "cant see you can you come to tp?" decided to make this post.

If you need to find someone you see advertising in local chat, click his name, choose "show status bar" activate it, look around, see green box, walk to the person.
Nice one! :yay:

Or r-click and choose "Follow"

You can r-click your Armor Set icon to Unequip the item set.

Armor sets that have face guards are compatible with hats.
Armor sets that have helmets are compatible with glasses.

The Green Alien Head can also be worn over the top of an armour with a helmet, the helmet offers the protection while the alien head is worn over the top. This does not work with armours that have facemasks.

Sticky Notes :

A big thank you to my Soc friend Coz who showed me sticky notes the other day. These are great and can be accessed from the top left of the message centre. If you put a position on a sticky note, when you click it later it will show on the map, great for when you find a new spawn and want to go back to it later.

Here are a couple of tips from me :)

- To shoot faster, go into the options and activate the "Queue use tool action when reloading". Means that you can press operate / fire during reload and your gun / tool will instant make another action when reload is finished.

Isnt it easier to just hold the left button instead of clicking? then it shoots as fast as it possibly can.

Or use "auto-use tool" so you can chat while shooting ;)

sticky notes are also awesome because they save item links even after you log off. Nice for trade shout outs or when you plan e.g. for crafting runs and stuff.

the queue thing for weapons is awesome cuz when you switch weapons, eat drugs and do other things you don't loose time. it's also smart enough not to drop another bomb when using it with mining gear, which could be costly depending on your amps :p

I didn't read all of the other replies (sorry!) But another cool thing is that you can see the team name and soc info of the people in your friendlist. so if you wanna find out what teamname your friends are using or if one of your friends is in one of those crazy teams, you can stalk em now! (thx kleene!)

This may be old but I just found out that anything you can equip you can make an icon on the screen. Like weapons and so on, which we all know, but what I found out you drag, loot pills, candy cane, pumpkins and ofc TT and portable repair terminals on to the screen. Very handy for quick loading these things. However, they will not equip if you are shooting using auto-use, you just need to stop a moment for them to equip and then start again.

This may be old but I just found out that anything you can equip you can make an icon on the screen. Like weapons and so on, which we all know, but what I found out you drag, loot pills, candy cane, pumpkins and ofc TT and portable repair terminals on to the screen. Very handy for quick loading these things. However, they will not equip if you are shooting using auto-use, you just need to stop a moment for them to equip and then start again.

My biggest thing I've found involves this.

If you set a button to equip an armor set and place the icon on your screen, you can RIGHT click it and select "remove" to remove the entire set at the same time.

Saves me a lot of time.

- To shoot faster, go into the options and activate the "Queue use tool action when reloading". Means that you can press operate / fire during reload and your gun / tool will instant make another action when reload is finished.
I used to use this option years ago before they implemented the "This item is currently busy and can not be accessed" state, now the reliability of queue is totally unpredictable. And another "great" feature added about the same time - "Waiting for previous action to finish" - is known to break queue during a lag.

I used to use this option years ago before they implemented the "This item is currently busy and can not be accessed" state, now the reliability of queue is totally unpredictable. And another "great" feature added about the same time - "Waiting for previous action to finish" - is known to break queue during a lag.

Very true, anther upgrade from MA :scratch2:

Little over 4 years to notice you can loot in 3rd person view with just 1 left click on the corpse. :yay:
Or may be this is new.

it seems to work fine for me!

you only get the "busy" error if you switch item, and wanna switch again before its actually equipped.

best is to enable "queue use tool" in options, start auto-use shooting your gun, and "queue" anything like your fap for next use without stopping auto-use. after healed enough queue your gun to continue shooting. besides lag, where's the problem?

it seems to work fine for me!

you only get the "busy" error if you switch item, and wanna switch again before its actually equipped.

best is to enable "queue use tool" in options, start auto-use shooting your gun, and "queue" anything like your fap for next use without stopping auto-use. after healed enough queue your gun to continue shooting. besides lag, where's the problem?

I agree that it works fine, but as was said that was not always the case. I have always used queue option and I think in the past it may have had to do with lag rather than a bug.

Little over 4 years to notice you can loot in 3rd person view with just 1 left click on the corpse. :yay:
Or may be this is new.

you mean that your weapon will not fire in 3rd person if the mob is dead but it will loot with a left click instead of a right click ? I will have to check it out:).

you mean that your weapon will not fire in 3rd person if the mob is dead but it will loot with a left click instead of a right click ? I will have to check it out:).

Yeah instead of right click and then press loot you can just do 1 left click on the dead mob and you loot it. Now I just have to remeber doing it instead of the slow way that I am used to.

Yeah instead of right click and then press loot you can just do 1 left click on the dead mob and you loot it. Now I just have to remeber doing it instead of the slow way that I am used to.

I am not sure what you are saying. A right click on the mob gives an immediate loot also. When you say "press loot" I think you are talking about pressing a key and I have never had to press a key to loot a mob. I did try what you are saying and it does work but, to me, it seems to be more of a hassle because I used to the right key press.

This tips is usefull for suedish and very close to server player.
Other , should disable that option , or they will have more "miss shot" , because gun will fire before server alow it.
Its way better to wait 1 or 2 1/10 second after relod finish and realy fire , than fire faster , and do not fire.
You dont loss amo when you not fire like that ( server give them back) , but you loss way more time ( a full reload at least) than waiting 1/10 second at eatch shot.

This is so true. I wish they would fix this. I waste so much ammo spamming the fire button and a bunch of my shots don't even register with the server.

Back