Obvious things it took you ages to notice

Java JC

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Java JC Cambridge
As I've recently passed my first birthday in EU, I've started realising that I still keep noticing things that are new to me, but were blatantly obvious to others. Also, I've mentioned odd tips in soc chat to our newer members, only for experienced players to say, "I never new that!".

So, I thought I'd share the blatantly-obvious-things-it-took-me-ages-to-notice, and see if anyone else has any more (it'll mean it won't take me another year to spot them :laugh: ).

A few to start the ball rolling:

1. When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range (for a long time I just thought my graphics card was playing up :ahh: )

2. You *can* fap at full strength while walking forwards, as long as you're not going downhill, because then you speed up and the heals drop.

3. The amazing coincidence of someone wanting to buy exactly what you want to sell at the *very* moment you list the item on auction.....is actually just the ordering system :laugh:

4. Higher HP mobs are visible from futher away on the radar (I am amazed at just how long it took me to work that one out! :ahh: )

Anyone got anymore?

JC

som tips i guess not much "know/use"

You can use several item windows same time with the nail in up corner.

There a list in BP book (row up left).

You can use several item windows same time with the nail in up corner.

Lol....just to illustrate my point.....I had no idea I could do that! :laugh: :ahh:

JC <- waiting to go home from work so she can test this out

Really good tread, + rep :)

will keep an eye on this one ;)

I dont have any smart tips to post, coz I`m sure everyone knows the tings I know :ahh:

while fapping, in the reload time you can run if you press the left and right mouse button in the same time, and if you use this, not the Q button, your fap is puted down automatically :) you run faster this way, its useful in pvp for example :)

Can you plse explain what you mean by "When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range". I don;t know it, and am not sure how to notice what you mean, and think it may well prove rather useful ;)

mine: You can scroll the previous bidders on an item in the auction to see more than the 5 last bids.

Can you plse explain what you mean by "When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range". I don;t know it, and am not sure how to notice what you mean, and think it may well prove rather useful ;)

Well, it's most noticeable on rifles (especially my MkII). you get a 'wave' of light from the front to the back on the gun when you fire - it doesn't show up on my laptop (probably because the graphics settings are at min), but it's really noticeable on my PC.

I'm not sure I'm explaining it particularly well! :laugh:

JC

My contribution ...

Hi there ... great idea to share each other's tips for a better game ...
Hmmm, what do i want to share :scratch2: :rolleyes:

This one is simple but probably very useful !!!
-- When you die, don't wait for the revive request to show up, simply push T
on your keyboard JUST after you die, you get some extra seconds ... who
knows when it can be useful :)
Also, this one for the very new newbies, as it's easy to discover after a bit of hunting :
-- When you hunt, always have an idea about the range of your gun, as it's
very useful ... so my advice drag the Mobtangle, as i call it (rectangle with
the name of the mob by cliking on the creature and draging ur mouse
cursor) then before you approach it just clik on the tangle, and your
avatar will simply approach to the good range ... and for others that love
shortcuts, do it ... because it's useful to avoid the loot lagg :)
One last useful one :
--Tired of the spam of PMs ? you don't wana close the chat boxes because
you can forget your last sentence or lose your partner's last sentence :D
there's a little "-" that allows you to reduce the size of the chat boxe to
the title with the name of the chatter ... and whenever he sends something
new, a red dot appears on the left corner of the title ... pretty useful to
have some empty space ...

Well that's all for my modest 9month and a half experience, hope it helps someone out there ... ENJOY THE GAME ... BE PRACTICAL !!

Cheers,

DEF

Here are a couple of tips from me :)

- The problems with removing thigh guards are caused by equipped teleporter chip. Unequip the teleporter chip and you can remove the thighs without problems.

- To shoot faster, go into the options and activate the "Queue use tool action when reloading". Means that you can press operate / fire during reload and your gun / tool will instant make another action when reload is finished.

- To shoot faster, go into the options and activate the "Queue use tool action when reloading". Means that you can press operate / fire during reload and your gun / tool will instant make another action when reload is finished.

This tips is usefull for suedish and very close to server player.
Other , should disable that option , or they will have more "miss shot" , because gun will fire before server alow it.
Its way better to wait 1 or 2 1/10 second after relod finish and realy fire , than fire faster , and do not fire.
You dont loss amo when you not fire like that ( server give them back) , but you loss way more time ( a full reload at least) than waiting 1/10 second at eatch shot.

-- When you hunt, always have an idea about the range of your gun, as it's
very useful ... so my advice drag the Mobtangle, as i call it (rectangle with
the name of the mob by cliking on the creature and draging ur mouse
cursor) then before you approach it just clik on the tangle, and your
avatar will simply approach to the good range ... and for others that love
shortcuts, do it ... because it's useful to avoid the loot lagg :)
Or...you can just right-click the mob, much simpler and quicker.

Simple one that I didn't figure out for a while: You can use any crafting machine to craft any item.

Here are a couple of tips from me :)

- The problems with removing thigh guards are caused by equipped teleporter chip. Unequip the teleporter chip and you can remove the thighs without problems.

and what about problems with removing helmet? anyone knows something about that? :scratch2:

-While running/FAPing use Q and just b4 the relode is done use walk and you'll heal with "full power". :)

Didin´t notice the flashing gun thing, good to know!!!! :D

As for removing ANY piece of armour that is being difficult - Just use a piece of crap armour - like the TT armour...
If say you cant remove your gloves for example - drag a set of TT gloves onto your avatar int the inventory screen - the armour you want to remove will appear in your inventory for you to repair etc...Then put your armour back on and TT the crap armour....
:)

to take of armour, click on it once and then again quickly and hold. it selects it, found that out by accident, if it doesnt work... click it a while and u will see what i mean.

you can use /s in the chat window to talk to your soc and /t to talk to you team without having to change which window you wanna primarly chat in

removing shades

what about removing shades?

Maybe it's a bug, but after you have looted you can't shoot (or atleast hit) for a few seconds. You can see when you can shoot when you get the box around the mob. Wait for it and then start shooting again. You will waist ammo when you shoot to early.

This seems like a straightforward way to save ped once you know it, but a number of people don't realize this:

After you claim a piece of property (an apartment for instance), you DO NOT have to keep the rent always paid if you just want to use it on occasion, or only use it for long-term storage. MA does not reposess your property if the rent is unpaid, and you WILL NOT be charged "back" rent when you do pay your rent again. Instead, a full month will be credited, starting from the day you pay the rent again.

This seems like a straightforward way to save ped once you know it, but a number of people don't realize this:

After you claim a piece of property (an apartment for instance), you DO NOT have to keep the rent always paid if you just want to use it on occasion, or only use it for long-term storage. MA does not reposess your property if the rent is unpaid, and you WILL NOT be charged "back" rent when you do pay your rent again. Instead, a full month will be credited, starting from the day you pay the rent again.

Maybe MA should be better land lords, and throw you out on the streets...LOL,,,If MA would force collect the money, they would have more, then I could have better loot. :D

Eron²;815278 said:
you can use /s in the chat window to talk to your soc and /t to talk to you team without having to change which window you wanna primarly chat in

/l to local chat
/? for chat help :)

/e for event chat :)

that mindark fixed the movement and animation of pupugis so that you can actually shoot them. found this out earlier this month when i encountered them while following a tip for where to find atrax.

If your having trouble getting your gloves off. Use your middle mouse button in the inventory window and move it like your changing camera angle. Move your avatar so you see a side view, then grab the gloves and drag them to inventory.

that chipry, fuga, gibnib, turp do 1 damage naked even in a crit if you can get one to hit you (discovered this when off hand trying to sweat them when they were temporarily sweatable, the usually just run).
If Ma makes em sweatable again try it, its rather funny. also look at screenies others posed here to see.

The littles squares in your storage aren't a nice background. They are item slots. Each item takes up a few squares. Handy when you want to arrange your storage nicely when it starts filling up.

You can increce your storage apace by putting a pair on pants at the bottom, the legs will go off the bottom of the storage space and thus increce the space in your storage. Keep moving the pants down and down and keep scrolling down till u have the amount of space u want and place some dung at the dottom and ur storage will be alot bigger. Have a play around see how big u can make it.

Also if you want to heal big amounts fast......
If u have a heal chip and a fap just use the heal chip and then the fap as soon an u heal with the chip u get a bigger heal in less time.

and what about problems with removing helmet? anyone knows something about that? :scratch2:

Removing facemasks/helmets used to give me fits until I finally figured out where to click... Grab it exactly between the eyes. Works on the first try almost every time. :)

Removing facemasks/helmets used to give me fits until I finally figured out where to click... Grab it exactly between the eyes. Works on the first try almost every time. :)
increase avatar size with mouse weel ... aint that work ?

Back