Obvious things it took you ages to notice

When teleporting large distances, during the white screen, just start pressing the tp button again (not too much or you'll get the MF stuck on bug).

Upon the white screen going, you will find that you've already charged half of your next TP jump.

(This also works for fapping at revive etc)

increase avatar size with mouse weel ... aint that work ?

LOL - had no idea you could do that.

No need for that since clicking in the right spot will grab it, but +rep to you for the tip. :)

When teleporting large distances, during the white screen, just start pressing the tp button again (not too much or you'll get the MF stuck on bug).

Upon the white screen going, you will find that you've already charged half of your next TP jump.

This works better when equipment is assigned to keys.

It's often useful to start hitting the FAP button after you tp...just in case you get into a fight as soon as you land.

Remember you will be facing the same direction when you land as you were when you start to TP...useful for areas that you know you want to head in a certain direction when you land.

When pulling mobs, delay your second shot a few beats. When mobs are turning towards you, they can be harder to hit and you can waste a shot. Once they have turned and are charging at you, fire away!

the purple sand that looks like sweetstuff on amethra isn't actually sweestuff...

mine: You can scroll the previous bidders on an item in the auction to see more than the 5 last bids.

Thats a new thing, from a VU or 2 ago :)

My tip:

You can buy TT things with your PED card by dragging It In...

Ok, not a tip seen as everyone knows, but took me weeks to find out! :laugh: I used to select the precise amount like you would for a trade. xD

dont eat yellow snow.

sorry, couldnt resist... :D
cool thread! back to topic now:

when running AND using an item in your hands (e.g. a gun in PvP) in first person, then just roll your mouse wheel right after using the item for 1-2 clicks like when you are zooming out. this lowers your item/gun. so you can shoot and run at full speed.

be carefull not to roll more, else you will really switch to 3rd person.

Last edited:
1. When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range (for a long time I just thought my graphics card was playing up :ahh: )

What!!!??? Where? It actually flashes????? Shot that would save me ped on ammo!!! hehehe lol.. never knew that... I'll have to figure out where the 'flash is'

Ever notice that sometimes when you are trying to heal yourself before the white screen fades, you will heal another avatar if they are standing in front of you?

To prevent this, hold down the ALT key (selects your own avatar) while fapping, and you will only heal yourself, even if someone is in front of you.

Another tip: You can quickly toggle between 1st and 3rd person view by pressing the Z key.

Crafting Tip: To insert blueprints into a crafting book, there is no need to open the book and find the proper slot. Simply drag the blueprint onto the book. If the book turns green, the blueprint is not yet in the book. Release the mouse button to insert the BP. If the book turns red when you drag the BP over it, that BP is already in the book :wise:

You can craft any item at any crafting station. You don't need to use a specific type of crafting machine.

If you like to hunt in 3rd person - it is easier to click on the mob - drag away from the mob and you get a little bar - then click on that bar to shoot and loot.

You run faster with no item equipped.

If you want lots of positive reinforcement - turn off all the chat tabs except for skill gain. Your chat window will be full of green skill gains.

If you put enable the 'use tool' icon and assign it to your 'number 1' key - you can use that to spam shooting or healing. Assign other items to other keys and then select those with the mouse.

H
-- When you hunt, always have an idea about the range of your gun, as it's
very useful ... so my advice drag the Mobtangle, as i call it (rectangle with
the name of the mob by cliking on the creature and draging ur mouse
cursor) then before you approach it just clik on the tangle, and your
avatar will simply approach to the good range ... and for others that love
shortcuts, do it ... because it's useful to avoid the loot lagg :)
DEF

Right click firing on the mob does the same thing. };>)

In fact it will save you from wasting bullets when the creature dies as it will not shoot with right click if there's nothing to target and it will loot the creature on the last shot. };>)

Remember you will be facing the same direction when you land as you were when you start to TP

I never knew that - very handy when doing the return jouney on beacon missions.

You can buy TT things with your PED card by dragging It In...

Ok, not a tip seen as everyone knows, but took me weeks to find out! :laugh: I used to select the precise amount like you would for a trade. xD

I only realised that about two weeks ago! :laugh:

Ever notice that sometimes when you are trying to heal yourself before the white screen fades, you will heal another avatar if they are standing in front of you?

To prevent this, hold down the ALT key (selects your own avatar) while fapping, and you will only heal yourself, even if someone is in front of you.

Top tip! especially useful if you are halfway through killing a mob. At CP I can heal myself to full strength before the screen loads...except most of the time, I just heal someone else!

Crafting Tip: To insert blueprints into a crafting book, there is no need to open the book and find the proper slot. Simply drag the blueprint onto the book. If the book turns green, the blueprint is not yet in the book. Release the mouse button to insert the BP. If the book turns red when you drag the BP over it, that BP is already in the book :wise:

Blimey - never knew that one either!

If you want lots of positive reinforcement - turn off all the chat tabs except for skill gain. Your chat window will be full of green skill gains.

LMAO! I might try that one.

What!!!??? Where? It actually flashes????? Shot that would save me ped on ammo!!! hehehe lol.. never knew that... I'll have to figure out where the 'flash is'

OK, I'm going to have to get screen print evidence of this. I tried yesterday both at trax beach (very bright there) and in the blue zone on the west of Eudoria, and never got the 'flash', however, I get it all the time at CP, both with my MkII and my marber. Has anyone else seen this...or do you all think I've gone mad? :scratch2:

JC

Lot of golden knowledge in this thread, keep it up folks! All my fancy knowledge has already been mentioned. :wtg:

Well took me ages to realise pressing "R" turns autorun on. :ahh:

Useful when TPing, you can press "R" while in white-screen and start running rite away :)

Anyone know how you can avoid that youre plates end up down,down,down in your inventory?

Actions you can assign for turn-left and turn-right, beside the old strafe-left and strafe-right.
The bp books got a list option.
The action book got a list option.
/? for chathelp
Inventory memorizes item locations when you exit your inv (seems bugged though, or just very strange functionality).
The general buttons are editable if you select "*" in the bar selector.

Uhmm maybe more will come in mind later. Nice thread btw, lot of good info!

Anyone know how you can avoid that youre plates end up down,down,down in your inventory?

Place any item in your inventory where you want it. When you then move all items into say the repair terminal they are automatically replaced in your inventory, after repair, where you had put them last.

If there is already another item in the same place(ie you have moved something else to the top spot), the item is then put in the first available slot down, and your 'placing' instruct stops working as everything is placed as near as possible and so is jiggled about.

This works well with your OJ's, put them down, down, down, and you will never have to see them again.

Hmmm well on the line of blatantly obvious things you didn't know, I guess I could put: clothes don't decay if you're hit by a mob while wearing them. I didn't know this until the weekend :duh:

But on a slightly more useful note, if you have a mob after you, and want to run away instead of killing, keep running until it drops off your radar. If it hasn't given up on you before then, it will give up when you can't see it any more on the radar.

You can buy less than 100 ammo by buying 100, splitting it and selling some back to TT

Or how about....searching EF can be an amazing tool.....anyone remember this

The only way I can think to remove shades from your avatar (if you cant drag em off your face with the mouse) is to go to a repair terminal and click repair all items... Everything that needs repairing will be put into the window on the repair terminal. Just locate the shades in that window and drag them into your inventory - then click cancel on the repair terminal - all items will be put back on your avatar - except the shades (and anything else you dragged into inventory). Unfortunately this will only work if your shades are less than 100% TT value. So if your shades are fully repaired - this method wont work.......

Repairing things

Be very careful @ repair terminals! If u press 'repair armour' ALL armour in your inv get to the terminal, not only those u're wearing. Can be very annoying, when u repair something u just wanted to sell. Last time I had a global from molisks with shogun harness (M and F) and shogun thighs (also M and F) I just repaired all to full TT :mad: :scratch2: It's important only, when u are low on peds of course. Anyways, its always easier to sell equipment to players when TT is lower.

Don't try to repair stuff with the Trade Terminal. :laugh:

Reactions: 101
This works well with your OJ's, put them down, down, down, and you will never have to see them again.

This reminds me... Does anyone know how I can either put my OJ's in storage, or TT them ?

As a miner, I have more than 50 items on me quite often, which reduces my speed. So when I could already remove my useless OJ's, it would allow me to carry 3 other items extra. Thanks for the replies !

PS : +rep for this great thread !

Had to delete for good reason , sorry

Castro

Last edited:

Damn , I'm such a noob. :D I did't know this. I've been cursing a lot of times when in a team hunt getting a bad crit and have to heal, fapping the person in front of you which results that you die with the next hit.
Tnx for the advice !

that team chat doesn't break as much as I thought - i simply had somebody's name in the team member list highlighted and was chatting only to them - clicking on the team name rectifies this situation -- thanks to a soc mate for letting me know about that one :) :rolleyes:

I actually played the first week switching to inventory for changing items.
I was wondering how ppl could switch so fast between FAP & weapon.

After a week I discovered the shortcuts... :ahh:

So funny when I think about it now. :laugh:

that team chat doesn't break as much as I thought - i simply had somebody's name in the team member list highlighted and was chatting only to them - clicking on the team name rectifies this situation -- thanks to a soc mate for letting me know about that one :) :rolleyes:

:eek: Really? I've lost count of the number of times I've remade the team because people can write in team chat but not read what I've written....and all along....it was my fault :ahh: :laugh:

+rep for that one

Damn, so now we can't blame MA for that one... :eek: As a matter of fact i found out about this one only a week ago when a fellow soccie pointed this out, while i was telling my disciples that this was a common bug in team chat...

Rep to you! Excellent list all!

Switching between 1st and 3rd person view (as neo said) by pressing the Z key. For new avatars it is mapped to the num-5 by default.

I always thought that Alt-fap would only heal myself, but i remember a recent event where i healed someone else. Nowadays I try to look to the sky or ground while healing, but I will give this another try.

Its better if you just switch to cursor mode after you die,2 reasons why u should:
--after u die press T and Y on your keyboard to revive faster as said(but ur not in cursor mode Y doesnt work)
--when u revive and have the white screen put ur cursor in a corner and that way you will only heal yourself no mather where ur avatar is facing.
Fapping:
after u fap just hit R,when u wana fap again hit S,right click or press fap key and then R again.

The annoying sounds in the trade centers "your creative,try our coloring sistem" and etc cant be stoped by lowering the music volume,but the sound volume.

If u recive a PM from someone and you close the window,go to the auction library and look for "message center" and u should have all the recived messages(including land,event,auction and etc msgs) and select ur desired msg :)

If you have a gold card and before typeing the code ur window freezes at "authorizing" dont wait for the red msg to appear,alt tab,hit ctrl+alt+del,go to proceses and end the entropia.exe process

more to come as soon as i can think of any.

what i would like to know is how some ppl teleport exactly near the tp or inside a building,i can never get the exact coords.

Back