Obvious things it took you ages to notice

I just found out yesterday you can rotate pictures of objects in the info screen by holding the mouse wheel and moving your mouse.

I used it to look up my own shirt ;) I wasn't in it at the time...

you can also zoom it with the weel ( stop animation) and do it with avatar in inventaire , and clothe in coloring pistol.

I only recently realised the only way to achieve the maximum damage per second is to turn on "Queue use tool action when reloading" rather than what i used to do and try to click as soon as it reloaded, but you miss sometimes and therefore lose the max damage epr second slightly.

I only recently realised the only way to achieve the maximum damage per second is to turn on "Queue use tool action when reloading" rather than what i used to do and try to click as soon as it reloaded, but you miss sometimes and therefore lose the max damage epr second slightly.

yep, great feature! :)

unfortunately, and I know Etopia can attest to this, depending on in-game server load and ping times during peak internet usage, this can sometimes lead to ammo lag, where either 1) your hit occurs 3-7 seconds after you shot, or 2) you get so out of synch, if you continue shooting, that you wind up "overwriting" yet-to-hit shots and just lose ammo off into the netherworld

If you want to know the accurate buyout on an (L) item, you dont need to double click on it and enter to that auction, need only to place the cursor of your mouse on the buyout % and keep there. Wait a little and the BO will appear in peds :)

When i first started playing about 5-6 years ago it took me about a year to figure out there were auctions and what those things that looked like little skirts sticking out of peoples armoure were (coats) and many things :rolleyes:

semi usefull tip: you can put things on the wall of ur apt. or house without useing decoration bored. Put the decoration bored on the wall select it have pick up item hot key and put and item on it when u drop the item on it u pick up the bored at the same time :)

For these mobs drag the health bar off them, then you can click on that to loot them even if you can't find them. - QWEEG

That was exactly my finding as well and to tell you the truth, this had a VERY positive impact on the way that I played the game. I was always using the clicking on the MOB to shoot at it and when I discovered that I was able to 'drag and drop' a health bar from the MOB, it changed my gaming a WHOLE lot!

Now I always drag and drop it down to just above my own health bar, this way, I just look down there and FAP myself if I have to or continue shooting...

Great post by the way!

Maybe obvious for some...
Take a material refiner with you when hunting mobs that drop hide and wool, saves a lot of weight on those 100k ped ammo runs.

Depending on how you set up the options in game, I use the right click, move to target when I think I'm barely in range of a mob. If im not close enough to fire, the right click moves your avatar into range and fires auto magically.

On slow boring days, I'll hit the mob with every type of weapon I have, sometimes you get the skill bonus for all of them- blp, laser, melee etc.

Finish off a mob with a lower damage, lower ammo weapon so you not wasting decay by shooting a strikehammer when the mob has 10 HP left. Saves ammo and decay.

If you tp into a hostile area with big mobs and your close to the water, drag them in and they drown.

Using a lower healing fap (like a 5) after a fight buys you a few more chances to bump up that medcial skill.

Killing Marco with a potent firestorm chip will result in a skill requirement nerf - really!

Playing in a high resolution mode, be careful dragging windows to the right side. The fix icon button when you switch to lower resolution doesnt work with loot windows or inventory window.

Disable all the highend graphics when hunting hogglos so you can read the text in the chat window.

Pressing the mouse wheel button will reverse your view in 3rd person angle.

To preserve the life of your very worn gold card, loosen all four screws on the reader and leave the card in it. When you need a number, you just have to press the two pieces together- this stops the contacts from scraping holes in the contacts of the card.

Letting a friend play with the GC reader is a bad idea, if they generate more then 3 numbers without using them, your locked and have to file support case.

When logging off, let the countdown timer expire or you may end up where you were 15 minutes ago. Especially after a tp or a ride to CP/CND.

When using auto run, do NOT answer pm's or you will get stuck in run mode, fixable by selecting lay down but frustrating.

When using the famous cK fap 69, use control click to select multiple party member to heal them all at once.:wtg:

Hope that helps!
Cheers

When using the famous cK fap 69, use control click to select multiple party member to heal them all at once.:wtg:

*Insert confused Scooby Doo sound here*

Please explain. Select multiple members? Heal at all the same time?

More info please.

While it might be common knowledge these days but I was experimenting with Anti Grav boxes when they first showed and I found out you can put boxes inside of boxes which increases the Antigrav effect better antigrav boxes give a better effect. Helps out a great deal when mining CND if you don't want to buy an appartment for storage or use the auction.

If you loose a claim and you are in the general area but still cannot find it you can zoom out using the scroll wheel on the mouse and use your mouse cursor to check all the rocks and trees it might be hiding in. It should show up when your mouse moves over it.

For some reason the trees block shots on CP so don't bother wasting ammo until you can get a clear shot.

When sniping mobs as they get closer slowly start pulling the zoom back on the scope and watch your damage to see if you are hitting the sweet spots.

Backing up while a mob is within melee striking distance can sometimes lessen the hits. Sometimes this works and other times its doesnt.

If I can think of anything else I will post it here.

there are new crosshairs in VU 8.12 :)

just press N when first person :)

You have a few meters extra range when you dont right click to get within range.

Never right click on a ripper snapper underwater. You will never hit them

Other than being on land, you can only shoot ripper snappers while underwater. I didn't know this one for 6 months.

Heres one for new crafters...
U dont have to only put in the amount of materials stated on yr bp.. put in bulk amounts and you will get back what you dont craft.

Nice thread:)

Took me almost two years to fin out how to see my own avatar from the front. Press "Z" or scroll out, then press down the scroll-wheel and drag mouse when holding down the wheel. This way you are able to see your avatar from all angles.

Sometimes when chatting and hunting, you loose the aim-thingie, press "n" and it's back :)

Heres one for new crafters...
U dont have to only put in the amount of materials stated on yr bp.. put in bulk amounts and you will get back what you dont craft.

Oh my....I'd almost forgot completely about my stupidity (I think I wiped the memory from my brain). Hmm...not sure if I should admit this....

When I first had a go at crafting, I had a go at basic Pattern pants...and it went something like this:

1. Select crafting machine
2. Select teiloring BP book
3. Select Basic pattern pants BP
4. Add nine gen leather to window
5. Add one fine textile to window
6. Add one molisk button to window
7. Click to craft
8. Add nine gen leather to window
9. Add one fine textile to window
10. Add one molisk button to window
11. Click to craft
12. Add nine gen........

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

Thanks god I worked it out before starting to craft equipment.....imagine, a mere 27 years to unlock BPC!

JC -> I embarrass myself at times! :laugh:

1. Select crafting machine
2. Select teiloring BP book
3. Select Basic pattern pants BP
4. Add nine gen leather to window
5. Add one fine textile to window
6. Add one molisk button to window
7. Click to craft
8. Add nine gen leather to window
9. Add one fine textile to window
10. Add one molisk button to window
11. Click to craft
12. Add nine gen........

JAVA JC... :laugh:... I did the same thing for a few tries and I remember when I first put the whole load of resources unto the crafting machine and I was SO nervous :smirk: right before clicking the manufacturing button! I thought that there was at least a 50-50 chance that ALL my hard earned material was going to pufffff... disappear!! Thank God it didn't :monkey:

it took me months to realise that the names on the crafting machines are just graphics and u can craft anything on any machine :) lol

Couple of assumtions, but it occurs, be it not often:
- You are in an area with a lot of mobs, not specifically attacking you / some are, but not too successful
- You are TP-ing out, and you have managed to evade all attacks to break your concentration and causing damage

Observation: Mobs will hit you and cause damage / death after your image has allready left. (Apparently, something stays behind for a little while, untill the white screen appears...)

Answer: Just run. You've allready "left", and this will seriously decrease the chance of being hit.

Nice thread:)

Took me almost two years to fin out how to see my own avatar from the front. Press "Z" or scroll out, then press down the scroll-wheel and drag mouse when holding down the wheel. This way you are able to see your avatar from all angles.

you can zoom out with mousewheel, and then simpli click one with the mousewheel. it is faster :)

running in a higher resolution might help out ... more pixels / inch should allow for more points to choose to chip to

Unfortenately your TP map screen stays the same amount of pixels in size. So you do not get more pixels to select from.

WOW great tips everyone fabulous work...tho if someone is pk'ing me I have not had a chance to do anything cause i am a 2 shot kill. *coughs UBERS know it is usually 1 shot for them*

But the one thing I have not seen mentioned is a skill related thing.

When skilling with a firestorm chip I was using it for the first hit to draw the Mob with the big hit then finishing it with my faster reload weaps. Upon taking the kill shot I found I would get an extra pyro skill gain at the end of the kill.

This also works with many other weapson so if i was skilling LB then I would take the first hit with one then kill it with my HG and would get extra LB related skills on the kill shot.

You dont always get skill as we all know but it certainly helped me to gain more pyro without so much expense in ME.

And for those of you who like to do things just cause they can if you want to kill flying things with LB when you arent carrying long range weaps just try to sweat them they will come into the attack zone fast lol.

GREAT THREAD

Every so many (random amount) one seems to get a kill skill bonus. You get it with every weapon but it is more noticable if you change weapons because then you can see skill gains not related to the last weapon used.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

To run from something and FAP:
* Run.
* When your fap is close to recharging, nudge your scroll wheel up to ready the FAP.
* As soon as it's recharged, stop and FAP.
* As soon as you've FAPed, run.
* Repeat.

Once you get the hang of it, you barely slow down :)

it took me months to realise that the names on the crafting machines are just graphics and u can craft anything on any machine :) lol

Same here :ahh: i used to hang out on places that had a component crafting machine & tailoring machine...so many wasted footsteps! :laugh:all for nothing!

hmmm

i thought u COULD use any machine to craft nething, but dont u get better results if u use the RIGHT machine for the job???:confused:

i thought u COULD use any machine to craft nething, but dont u get better results if u use the RIGHT machine for the job???:confused:

Nope. Although some people will argue that some machines are luckier than others. Probably all superstition though. But whos to say that, eh? :)

Like the thread starter I have been Calypso-side for just over a year now...

...and I just found the Orders button in the auction.. :ahh:

At least.. I knew it was there, but I just worked out how to place on order for something not currently for sale. It offers you lists! of Everything!!

The one I was delighted to finally work out, after about 6 months, was the "tougher mobs show up further away on the radar" thing... great feature..

Oh, and although I've had weapons and faps etc on quick buttons on screen, I only worked out around 2 months ago that you could assign them to keyboard keys too... My hunting got loads better suddenly...

Ah... Confession is good for the soul, they say...

The one I was delighted to finally work out, after about 6 months, was the "tougher mobs show up further away on the radar" thing... great feature..

i think its related to the mobs hp

When sweating you dont have to wait for the "extraction tunnel thing" to be gone before you do other stuff, you can run, fap, shoot at the mob or what ever and still get the sweat after the extraction finnish. You can even extract from one mob while shooting another.

When useing TP chip it can be good to use some focuscharges incase you end up on a mob and wanna do more teleporting without interupts.

for faster load on TP chip use, load up concentration for sweating and use that concentration to TP.

for faster load on TP chip use, load up concentration for sweating and use that concentration to TP.

i thought that might work but i used the heal chip concentration and it failed.

To remove armor pieces, double click them. This will allow you to move the armor piece around the screen (same movement as dragging without holding down the mouse button), and then click again to release it...

I am not sure when this was implemented, but I did it for the first time this week...

Peace,
DB

Back