Obvious things it took you ages to notice

Chopper said:
The one I was delighted to finally work out, after about 6 months, was the "tougher mobs show up further away on the radar" thing... great feature..
i think its related to the mobs hp

It is also related to MOB's aggro range, see for example Merps.

When sweating you dont have to wait for the "extraction tunnel thing" to be gone before you do other stuff, you can run, fap, shoot at the mob or what ever and still get the sweat after the extraction finnish. You can even extract from one mob while shooting another.

When useing TP chip it can be good to use some focuscharges incase you end up on a mob and wanna do more teleporting without interupts.

for faster load on TP chip use, load up concentration for sweating and use that concentration to TP.

It didn't take me all that long to notice it, but sometimes people will give you tips when they have no idea what they are talking about.

The quoted post is a good example.

When running somewhere if you switch to rearward view (and keep an eye on radar for mobs etc) you have a much better chance of noticing any fruit or dung that may spawn as it's in view a little longer.

t

It didn't take me all that long to notice it, but sometimes people will give you tips when they have no idea what they are talking about.

The quoted post is a good example.

Oops, it seems that in fact I'm wrong here - I've since discovered that it is possible to shoot etc in the second stage of sweating. This must have changed recently, and I would consider it a bug.

In hunting, if u attack a mob stronger than u, exemple ogglos cause they are fast and furious, dont use the aim mod to kill them.

Drag the rectangle HP mob bar. U must have ur button gun and fap close eachother.

Tag the ogg in aim mod, click on gun, then wait him. When the mob is stoped and attack u, adjust ur azimut and press SPACE bar. Then u just watch at ur health bar and his health bar. U click whith ur mouse on Gun, gun, gun, gun , fap, fap, gun, gun, fap ...

Ok its not very dynamique but its more relax. Pretty borring hunt, oggs with a low damages weapon :)

Hmmm...

I didn't know about those things you mentioned, but to be honest, I dont really see how they are enormously useful, especially to new members of EU and EF, like me.

It was good to post them though.

A small tidbit of information that might help people! To get full heals while running use the Q button to run while the fap is charging, and then when it is ready, switch from Q to W to start walking and press the fap hotkey. As soon as you have pressed the hotkey hold Q again. If you do it right you only slow down for a fraction of a second, yet get the normal heals as if you were standing still (or walking, as walking gives no detrimental effect to heals)
Hope this helps!
Frankenberry

A small tidbit of information that might help people! To get full heals while running use the Q button to run while the fap is charging, and then when it is ready, switch from Q to W to start walking and press the fap hotkey. As soon as you have pressed the hotkey hold Q again. If you do it right you only slow down for a fraction of a second, yet get the normal heals as if you were standing still (or walking, as walking gives no detrimental effect to heals)
Hope this helps!
Frankenberry

ugh, didn't i see this here? :|

Same priciple as the hunting posts... for new sweaters it is nice to zoom out to full third person on the mouse wheel and click once on the mob you want to sweat (this creates the box around the mob). Once selected, that mob will be the focus of your efforts regardless of where it runs or even if another avatar is in your line of sight. If another mob is in the line of sight, the mob you selected will probably not be the one sweated, but that is not a big deal unless it is unable to sweat. I prefer this even now after 2 years since it gives me a bigger picture of the area around me. You can select the mob from a great distance away and when you start the concentration part you will run toward the mob until your are just close enough to sweat it, thereby decreasing chances of the mob aggro on you.

Great thread! Lot's of great info here! Let's keep it going. Just because you use something all the time does not mean everyone else knows about it.

ALSO: When using building televators, you do not have to use the arrows to select the floor - just type in the floor. If you are on floor 17 and want to leave the building, backspace twice to erase the "17".

Good luck all :)

I don't know if anyone already mentioned these:

Auto-walk/run (beside pressing R):
1-go to cursor mode (make sure you have the option activated for what follows)
2-click somewhere on the landscape (double-click to auto-run :D)
3-hit space to go back to aim mode
4-"shake your head" .. i mean... quickly go left to right with your mouse
5- there you go.. now just drive your avatar with your mouse

When freezing (that new annoying bug that doesn't allow u to do anything while for example running, after checking something in your inventory), just click on something in your quickbar when in cursor mode. This will solve the problem on that ocasion.

Autostack will put things on a "primary" stack. If double click on the stack and remove some from it the remainder is the "primary" stack.

You can use this in crafting to determine whether the partial success components land in the crafting machine or inventory.

Example: Start with 101 iron to craft screws. Remove 100 iron and put into the machine. You will run out of iron in machine after 100 clicks and the 'looted' iron will be in your inventory.

Example 2: Start with 101 iron to craft screws. Remove 1 iron and put the rest into the machine. The 'looted' iron will appear in the machine and 1 iron will be in your inventory when you are done clicking.

FL has a search function:duh:

Like the thread starter I have been Calypso-side for just over a year now...

...and I just found the Orders button in the auction.. :ahh:

At least.. I knew it was there, but I just worked out how to place on order for something not currently for sale. It offers you lists! of Everything!!

The one I was delighted to finally work out, after about 6 months, was the "tougher mobs show up further away on the radar" thing... great feature..

Oh, and although I've had weapons and faps etc on quick buttons on screen, I only worked out around 2 months ago that you could assign them to keyboard keys too... My hunting got loads better suddenly...

Ah... Confession is good for the soul, they say...

The RADAR thing was changed when they introduced the new HUD i believe. Before that i think it was the same for all mobs.

There was a nice little tutorial on assigning quick keys for the VU with the HUD update that showed how to assign any key, as well. ;)

Now that i think about it, though, that may have been over a year ago lol.

I find it helpful to switch into 3rd person after starting to shoot at a mob (especially on CP), so i can keep an eye on what else is around me hitting me. It's easier to plan when to FAP this way.

You can right click on the bar of a teammate (or any player if you drag off their health bar) to get the right-click menu. It's much easier to do this than try to get it by right-click-holding on the avatar himself. This is especially useful when trying to "Follow" an avatar that is already moving.

and what about problems with removing helmet? anyone knows something about that? :scratch2:

The best way to remove a helmet or face mask is to click just above the Ava's left eye (on your right side as you look at the ava image) and drag to the inventory window.

Hope this helps.

Grounder

Not sure if it has already been mentioned in this thread, but on occasions when TP running newbies in a team, the team chat seems screwed. Some people would be able to hear others, but some people's chat could not be 'heard' by everyone. I always blamed MA and told people to relog, until a soc member enlightened me... This behaviour happens when people select a team member in the team list (e.g. autofollow via the name bar), click the team name to resolve this.

I didn't know that toxic shots were repairable.
Until yesterday :laugh:

t

Not really a tip but

If you can't find toxic shots at the TT :scratch2: it's because you haven't scrolled down the list to see them :ahh:

I had to ask in public to find them when I wanted to visit new PVP area and got quite a lot of laughs. :ahh::newbie::ahh:

Great thread

yours (not afraid to ask)

Arto

1. When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range (for a long time I just thought my graphics card was playing up :ahh: )

Didnt know that one we learn everyday I guess :laugh:

not really long ago i found out pressing N ingame in aim mode change your corshair :p

i read all posts i couldnt see this.

If your heavy with say hides or ores and can only walk, drop the heaviest item on the floor then pick it up again you will run at speed again until you hit a claim or loot a mob then you must redo it, obviously with no closeby green dots :).

Holy pizzaeating jesus thread-ressurection batman

Its illegal to lobotomise people with such a repetive lies too.
MA is free to lock me because i do have deleted those shit file ( its self defence against viruse).
But , i do not see any interessing point doing it for them.... beside getting of me definitly of course.
They be intelegent ( yes i keep deaming) , and just make an option to alow player disable that crap things , or make them as music and not sound....

There is an option to disable ads in the options menu on client loader, but disabling ads may affect your loot lol, just turn the sound off n crank up your own choice of music :D

There is an option to disable ads in the options menu on client loader, but disabling ads may affect your loot lol, just turn the sound off n crank up your own choice of music :D

There wasn't at the time of Etopias post. Read the date next time. ;)

There wasn't at the time of Etopias post. Read the date next time. ;)

guess that's an obvious thing i didnt notice til after i'd posted:ahh:

When u wander if someone use a auto-clicker or huntingbot while hunting, just stand behind the mob he's shooting.
When the mob is dead, he wil automaticly shoot at u.
Just fun to see he's using his ammo on you :D

I've noted it once while teamhunting :cool:

greetings,

bigdeal

how the loot system works and how the skills work and the timer that governs loot.

Back