Chipping Optimizer Tool

yeah, that's a known issue, reported long ago... i believe it is an effect of the sine wave progression of the skill-TT curve; still, it is a minor issue, imo, and maybe some day i'll find a way to solve it... there's always room for further optimization of the optimizer :p

Since the calculations and comparison have been done already, maybe the 3 cheapest ways to unlock could be shown? Ideally, in an expandable/collapsible view?
My reasoning is sometimes certain skills are not available or the current price is very different from the estimates, or if the particular profession is of no interest, but another for the same unlock might be.
Example: It tells me it would cost 48 ped to unlock Blueprint Comprehension through the Vehicle Structural Engineer profession. The currently available related skills are 2 or 3 times more expensive than MU used. I would like to see the next two cheapest professions to unlock BPC.

can the Chipping Optimizer be altered to do 2 or more professions at once?

for example, raising Prospector doesn't raise Surveyor very much... would like to see them both raised to same level at the same time, but can't really do that with the Chipping Optimizer as is (as far as I know)

I use it all the time, it's an awesome tool to have available! thanks again! :thumbup:

This is something i have been thinking of also, would be great to be able to do that with hit/dmg professions also.

can the Chipping Optimizer be altered to do 2 or more professions at once?

for example, raising Prospector doesn't raise Surveyor very much... would like to see them both raised to same level at the same time, but can't really do that with the Chipping Optimizer as is (as far as I know)

I use it all the time, it's an awesome tool to have available! thanks again! :thumbup:

Chipping Optimizer bugged

Hi Jesus,

something is wrong with Chipping Optimizer (http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php)
when you load from .csv and click read, it displays some code for skills instead reading skills and returning optimizer

yea kinda strange too, I can't download the updated version... website gives me some error, blocks me from downloading it or something, Im not sure...

Hi Jesus,

something is wrong with Chipping Optimizer (http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php)
when you load from .csv and click read, it displays some code for skills instead reading skills and returning optimizer

yea kinda strange too, I can't download the updated version... website gives me some error, blocks me from downloading it or something, Im not sure...

hi,
just to let you know that both issues are completely unrelated. the new version of the scanner, v0.51, is very close to be ready, i only want to test it a little bit more, but it works fine with all skill windows i have received so far. as a reminder, i removed v0.50 from my site, since it does not work, due to the fonts changes in the EU client. so please, wait a little bit more for v0.51.

on the other hand, the problem with the optimizer site seems to be related to recent changes to some javascript code, and i'm currently investigating what is the problem, but again, it is totally unrelated to the scanner version. i hope to have it ready later today.

hi,
just to let you know that both issues are completely unrelated. the new version of the scanner, v0.51, is very close to be ready, i only want to test it a little bit more, but it works fine with all skill windows i have received so far. as a reminder, i removed v0.50 from my site, since it does not work, due to the fonts changes in the EU client. so please, wait a little bit more for v0.51.

on the other hand, the problem with the optimizer site seems to be related to recent changes to some javascript code, and i'm currently investigating what is the problem, but again, it is totally unrelated to the scanner version. i hope to have it ready later today.

Keep up the good work man !

hi,

Yup I realize it's separate problem from Skill Scanner ;)

Thanks for fast response to issue!

hi,

Great to know! :) thanks!

+rep for making such a useful and neat program! :) ty ty!

the bug about CSV file upload should be fixed now (hopefully :p). make sure to reload (F5) so all new javascript file versions are properly loaded.

Yup, works again ;)

Thanks again for fast fix Jesus!

Cant download it! :(

the link http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/Scanner50.zip is broken :mad:

says
Code:
404 - Document Not Found

The requested object or URL,   /pe/scanner/Scanner50.zip was not found on this server.
The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

Please, fix it!

Does this tool work after profession level 100? I was fooling around and I think I found a bug...I put in skills that would take a toon to level 140 in Ranged Laser (Dmg) - then it broke...

You tried it on a lvl0 Ava? I think that would be impossible to get since unlock skills isn't counted and the other skills are capped at 20000 like they are ingame. Try inputting 1 skill point on the unlock skills also so they count.

Does this tool still work? I selected the profession I'm looking into, entered my current skills and my target level and hit go. All I see is a "final level" that is exactly the same cost as my current level, along with a total cost of 0 PED. I also see no chip amounts for each skill.

Does this tool still work? I selected the profession I'm looking into, entered my current skills and my target level and hit go. All I see is a "final level" that is exactly the same cost as my current level, along with a total cost of 0 PED. I also see no chip amounts for each skill.

it works fine for me, and i've not received any report from anyone else about problems in the tool. maybe it was a temporary glitch with the servers or database.

if you keep having the same problem, and want me to try to reproduce it, feel free to PM me with any details (specific skill levels and target values) so i can try it out on my end, and see if i can find any bug.

it works fine for me, and i've not received any report from anyone else about problems in the tool. maybe it was a temporary glitch with the servers or database.

if you keep having the same problem, and want me to try to reproduce it, feel free to PM me with any details (specific skill levels and target values) so i can try it out on my end, and see if i can find any bug.
I'm probably just not using it correctly as I never used it before. I will try again but thank you for the confirmation.

Edit: I just figured it out. In "target level" I was putting in the actual level as the game displays it, i.e. 50 instead of 5000. So my level was higher than my target level even though I selected chip in. Once I fixed that, it worked correctly. Maybe put in a message where if someone hits go under those circumstances, a message appears saying your target level cannot be lower than your current level when chipping in, or higher than your current level when chipping out?

Forgot password sent pm

This tool is down now? :(

yes, it has been down for some time, due to some unexpected tweaks by the hosting provider.
now, it is up again.

BUMP for this awesome tool and ... couple of questions

1) I can't find the Plasma (dmg) profession :confused:
2) How to use Auto Scan ?

Hey jdegre, thanks for your tool, I use it regularly and find it very useful.

I would just like to mention that currently importing skills from Entropedia does not work, I'm guessing since they moved their domain name from entropiawiki.com to entropiawiki.com

Hopefully you get a chance to fix this sometime.

Hey jdegre, thanks for your tool, I use it regularly and find it very useful.

I would just like to mention that currently importing skills from Entropedia does not work, I'm guessing since they moved their domain name from entropiawiki.com to entropiawiki.com

Hopefully you get a chance to fix this sometime.

hi mate, thanks for reporting! I was not aware of the domain change of Entropedia. I have updated the Optimizer tool to point to the new domain, and it seems to work fine now.

hi mate, thanks for reporting! I was not aware of the domain change of Entropedia. I have updated the Optimizer tool to point to the new domain, and it seems to work fine now.

Can't seem to get it to work at the moment :(

If I put in a valid name it gets stuck at "Loading..." and if I put an invalid name it it says "Ok (Imported 1 skills)"

Last edited:
Can't seem to get it to work at the moment :(

If I put in a valid name it gets stuck at "Loading..." and if I put an invalid name it it says "Ok (Imported 1 skills)"

hi mate,
it seems that entropiawiki is sending the avatar data formatted in a different way than what I agreed with Witte, long time ago.
when i wrote my last post in this thread (25/07), it was working fine with a test i made with my own avatar, but that is not working anymore, so the new admins of former entropedia must have changed it since that date. i don't know if the change is intentional, or if they have changed it inadvertently.

regarding your comment about entering invalid names, i have tested this case also, and it seems that entropiawiki returns some dummy skill data for unknown users, so that must be a bug on their side, for sure.

hi mate,
it seems that entropiawiki is sending the avatar data formatted in a different way than what I agreed with Witte, long time ago.
when i wrote my last post in this thread (25/07), it was working fine with a test i made with my own avatar, but that is not working anymore, so the new admins of former entropedia must have changed it since that date. i don't know if the change is intentional, or if they have changed it inadvertently.

regarding your comment about entering invalid names, i have tested this case also, and it seems that entropiawiki returns some dummy skill data for unknown users, so that must be a bug on their side, for sure.

Thanks for the response, I'll try to send some messages around to see if I can find anything out.

Thanks for the response, I'll try to send some messages around to see if I can find anything out.

after some discussion in-game, as you know, the problem was related to a mis-alignment of skills names between the Optmizer and EntropiaWiki.

i have aligned skill names to the correct names, and uploaded a new version of the Scanner (v0.57).

let me know if you spot any other misalignment, mate :thumbup:

following today's patch note ( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-15-15-4-Release-Notes&p=3611016#post3611016)
The following skills now contribute towards increasing the health of avatars:

Construction: Manufacture Weapons 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Manufacture Armor 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Manufacture Attachments 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Texture Engineering 1 Health per 3200 points
Construction: Manufacture Methodology 1 Health per 1600 points
Construction: Industrialist 1 Health per 800 points
Combat: Martial Arts 1 Health per 400 points
Combat: Bravado 1 health per 2000 points
Design: Make Textile 1 Health per 3200 points
Design: Tailoring 1 Health per 1600 points
Design: Coloring 1 Health per 3200 points