Chipping Optimizer Tool

cool, i was not aware of that thread, seems like there has been a lot of advance lately. i'll have a look more in detail, and i'll see if i can include the results into the tool. in theory, once the hp-gaining details are fully known, the algorithm to find the cheapest path should be exactly the same as the one used in this tool.

thx for the pointer.

The estimates there are the best yet, although Vedder's thread is constantly getting new data too.

Using the data 5 people have supplied me with for the skills I tried putting in MG's HP estimates. Its very close but comes out a little too low for all but one of the avatars. Putting in Martial Arts for 1 every 1600 fixed that, but after some fap testing I did, it seems Martial Arts doesn't actually give HP. So there's either something else missing or the numbers are slightly off.

Hopefully Vedder's thread will pin it down in the end :)

Last edited:
Very cool. :yay:

So would it be possible to add an option where you fill in the profession and how much PED you are willing to spend - it calculates how high you can get with the money. :cool:

Very cool. :yay:

So would it be possible to add an option where you fill in the profession and how much PED you are willing to spend - it calculates how high you can get with the money. :cool:

That might just depress too many people...:)

Nice tool!

A tool to calculate how much your skills are worth/aprox TT value would also be cool - even if that is present elsewhere I like it when things are easy to find. :)

to calculate combat sense, you should first set coolness at level 1 and, in the same way, to calculate commando you should set coolness and combat sense both at level 1, because you'll unlock them on the way, and you'll be able to chip them too.
otherwise they'll not be included in the calcs.

not sure if you did it or not, but commando at least looked too high.

no i didnt , if if dit it reduces costs from 98 to 87 K to unlock commando :wtg:

The estimates there are the best yet, although Vedder's thread is constantly getting new data too.

Using the data 5 people have supplied me with for the skills I tried putting in MG's HP estimates. Its very close but comes out a little too low for all but one of the avatars. Putting in Melee Combat for 1 every 1600 fixed that, but after some fap testing I did, it seems Melee Combat doesn't actually give HP. So there's either something else missing or the numbers are slightly off.

Hopefully Vedder's thread will pin it down in the end :)

it should give hp! i chipped in an chip a while ago, (~1500 lvls) and got 2 hp from that....

it should give hp! i chipped in an chip a while ago, (~1500 lvls) and got 2 hp from that....

Apologies, my hands were typing but they weren't being commanded by my brain.

I meant Martial Arts...

I meant Martial Arts...

Good thing, I was like "What the heck is he saying? I don't know much about skills and I'm posetive it will give HP.." :D

I meant Martial Arts...

well, we're all human...i think [sign]conspiracy[/sign]

Chip Optimising Tool

Agree with the others great tool

+ rep

:) :yay: :D

excellent +rep.... now, what about a manufacturing one? :D

Brawler dmg skills:

Agility - 1
I.M.D. - 1
Killstrike - null
M.C. - 1
M.D.A. - null
P.F. - 1
Wounding - null
Serendipity - null
Anatomy - 1

Level to reach: 10 000

Now it doesn't matter which of the unlock-able skills that I set to any number 1 or more, I will still get a lot higher cost.

If I set Killstrike to 1, the cost will be 824544 PED - if I don't set it to anything (null) the cost will be 426872 PED. With only Wounding as -null- the cost will be 1020327 PED :ahh:

Edit: Take no notice of me - I guess this is because skills > 10 000 are still inaccurate to calculate with.

Brawler dmg skills:

Agility - 1
I.M.D. - 1
Killstrike - null
M.C. - 1
M.D.A. - null
P.F. - 1
Wounding - null
Serendipity - null
Anatomy - 1

Level to reach: 10 000

Now it doesn't matter which of the unlock-able skills that I set to any number 1 or more, I will still get a lot higher cost.

If I set Killstrike to 1, the cost will be 824544 PED - if I don't set it to anything (null) the cost will be 426872 PED. With only Wounding as -null- the cost will be 1020327 PED :ahh:

Edit: Take no notice of me - I guess this is because skills > 10 000 are still inaccurate to calculate with.

yes, the problem is caused by the inaccuracy of the skill->tt function for very high levels (actually it is inaccurate for skills >8k, but totally off-track for >12k). So, the algorithm just stops at 12k, even if the target level has not been reached.
In your first test (with all the unlockables set to empty), the calculated target skills don't even give a target level of 10k (try typing them back into the input boxes), but roughly only 7-8k; this is because, without the unlockables, the involved skills would have to go up to 16-17k or so, and the function at those levels is completely unknown.

if you set all the unlockables to 1 (something logical, since you're going to reach level 10k), the calculated cost could be more or less a reasonable approximation (a measly ~470k... lol).

/jdegre.

Last edited:
yes, the problem is caused by the inaccuracy of the skill->tt function for very high levels (actually it is inaccurate for skills >8k, but totally off-track for >12k). So, the algorithm just stops at 12k, even if the target level has not been reached.
In your first test (with all the unlockables set to empty), the calculated target skills don't even give a target level of 10k (try typing them back into the input boxes), but roughly only 7-8k; this is because, without the unlockables, the involved skills would have to go up to 16-17k or so, and the function at those levels is completely unknown.

if you set all the unlockables to 1 (something logical, since you're going to reach level 10k), the calculated cost could be more or less a reasonable approximation (a measly ~470k... lol).

/jdegre.

Thanks for that.

Now hmmm... where to get 500k PEDs.. :laugh:

Skills Import from PE-Wiki

Hi,
I've added the possibility to import avatar skills from PE-Wiki. Give it a try and tell me if it works ok for you.

PE-Wiki can parse data files from NRF, PE Stats and EU Companion, so it was the easiest thing to do just to read the data form PE-Wiki instead of parsing myself different data format files (big thanks to witte for helping me with the task).

So, if you have already your skills in PE-Wiki, enjoy! If not, go ahead and upload them now :)

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

/jdegre.

Hi,
I've added the possibility to import avatar skills from PE-Wiki. Give it a try and tell me if it works ok for you.

PE-Wiki can parse data files from NRF, PE Stats and EU Companion, so it was the easiest thing to do just to read the data form PE-Wiki instead of parsing myself different data format files (big thanks to witte for helping me with the task).

So, if you have already your skills in PE-Wiki, enjoy! If not, go ahead and upload them now :)

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

/jdegre.

OMG thanks for doing it that much quick! +rep :thumbup: :yay:
And it works like a charme too! :wtg:

P. :smoke:

Edit: damn, must spread... I'll rep you ASAP!

Im level 60 right now in laser weap (hit)

to get commando (lvl 70)

Cost: 36974 PED

:bs:@ MA, not the tool, nice work:)

+rep i gave some time ago, cant rep again :?

About the same here, from lvl 56 to 70
:bs: MA, totally agree :D

Nice app Jdegre.

Im level 60 right now in laser weap (hit)

to get commando (lvl 70)

Cost: 36974 PED

:bs:@ MA, not the tool, nice work:)

+rep i gave some time ago, cant rep again :?

I used the tool to see to go from 1473 to 1700 in paramedic to max he vivo 15:

my skills are:

intel 49
dex 1584
anat 3525
diag 663
fa 2311

tool says to buy:

Anatomy 3625(3.93 PED)
Diagnosis 1163(1.99 PED)
First Aid 2811(9.71 PED)

= approx 700 ped.

my question is there are obviously mutliple ways to chip up - I could buy a bigger fa chip and a smaller diag chip or a bigger diag chip and a smaller FA chip... is this tool telling you the cheapest possible way to get to this level?

also does it factor in unlocked skills?

like if I try and put to go to level 3000 etc - will it factor in when i unlock medicine or treatment etc? :scratch2:

also what is the best possible way to SKILL my way to this level? is using a vivo t1 and fapping people a complete waste of ped? or should i just hunt huge mobs that I need to tank using 2600/2350?

also is 20 heals per minute fast enough to tank big mobs? how many attacks per min to regular mobs hit for?

I used the tool to see to go from 1473 to 1700 in paramedic to max he vivo 15:

my skills are:

intel 49
dex 1584
anat 3525
diag 663
fa 2311

tool says to buy:

Anatomy 3625(3.93 PED)
Diagnosis 1163(1.99 PED)
First Aid 2811(9.71 PED)

= approx 700 ped.

my question is there are obviously mutliple ways to chip up - I could buy a bigger fa chip and a smaller diag chip or a bigger diag chip and a smaller FA chip... is this tool telling you the cheapest possible way to get to this level?

That's the whole purpose of the tool. In theory, you can reach any level by chipping just one single skill if you want, or chipping randomly, or chipping the skill with the highest weight, whatever... but those paths are not necessarily optimal; there is only one way (well, maybe a few ones) to do it in the cheapest way.

also does it factor in unlocked skills?

like if I try and put to go to level 3000 etc - will it factor in when i unlock medicine or treatment etc? :scratch2:

The tool considers as chippable every skill set at a value other than 0 (or non-blank). If you want to calculate how to reach level 3000 you must set medicine and treatment at level 1, because you'll unlock them along the way (levels 2000 and 2500). If you leave them blank, the tool assumes that they are not involved in the chipping, and therefore, the total cost would be much higher (i.e. non-optimal).

also what is the best possible way to SKILL my way to this level? is using a vivo t1 and fapping people a complete waste of ped? or should i just hunt huge mobs that I need to tank using 2600/2350?

also is 20 heals per minute fast enough to tank big mobs? how many attacks per min to regular mobs hit for?

lol... to answer this you should ask the real expert hunters, hehe.... IMO, the (L) faps are nicely leveled in such a way that you can naturally skill progressively, so I'd prefer this way, and grow your level and fap with time...

Last edited:
HP calculator

Hi guys,
I've introduced HPs into the calculator; it seems to work ok, but it is somewhat experimental. All credits for the HP knowledge go to this thread, and its contributors.

Pretty straightforward to use, it works exactly the same as any other profession. Select "Health" from the profession list, your health is calculated as you type your skills; enter your desired health in the "target" box, and there you go... it tells you the cheapest way to get it.

Usual reminder for ubers: the HP calculator is more exact for low level HP values, and the skill-tt function is not accurate for >10k.

Waiting for feedback !!

/jdegre.

ps: woot, I need "only" 9k ped to reach medium HP... :)

This is a fantastic tool and your a genius!!

However like most i am now sad by how far away my personal goals are :(

But its a real gem of a tool, and as accurate as a swiss watch as far as i can tell so far. played with a mining chip tonight based on the guide, got a chip near enough exact recomendation, and result was spot on!

TY

i really like the new option, as in: health.

however, its a little bit buggy atm.

if you fill in your levels, then put up 200 hp for a goal (leaving commando, combat sense open) it will say a x amount. however, go past it (say, 300 hp) it will say: error on page.

didnt try putting commando, combat sense etc. at 1, just blank or 0

i really like the new option, as in: health.

however, its a little bit buggy atm.

if you fill in your levels, then put up 200 hp for a goal (leaving commando, combat sense open) it will say a x amount. however, go past it (say, 300 hp) it will say: error on page.

didnt try putting commando, combat sense etc. at 1, just blank or 0

that's because, as stated in earlier posts, the skill function past 12k is not known yet. if you want to reach 300 without CS or commando, you'd need to chip skills to 15-16k, i guess, and the algorithm does not converge and stops.

i'd suggest not to "push" the tool up to non-realistic goals, and use it to analyze more reasonable values. i'll try anyway to show some kind of error message, so it is more clear.

/jdegre.

Edit: Ok, I've fixed the algorithm so, now, when the skill limit (12k) is reached, it stops and shows how far it went, even when the target might have not been reached. The total cost is shown in blue if the target is correctly reached, and in red if the target cannot be reached.

Last edited:
You Rock :yay: ... never expected the Health option to be so soon. Would plus rep again but gotta spread it first. :D Can't say how much I appreciate the work you've done.

You Rock :yay: ... never expected the Health option to be so soon. Would plus rep again but gotta spread it first. :D Can't say how much I appreciate the work you've done.

thx coffee,
as stated before, all credit for the health calculations are due here.

I was impressed too by how accurate it was and, it turned out that including it in the tool, once the % influence of each skills is known, was really straightforward.

glad to see it is useful.
/jdegre.

Very nice tool.

How about adding the "expected cost" of the chip?

It shows the TT value of the chips needed, and the expected total cost, so how about showing the expected price you might have to pay to get the individual chips too.
I know it would be a rough estimate, but it would give an idea as t where the peds were going.

Very nice tool.

How about adding the "expected cost" of the chip?

It shows the TT value of the chips needed, and the expected total cost, so how about showing the expected price you might have to pay to get the individual chips too.
I know it would be a rough estimate, but it would give an idea as t where the peds were going.

yes, i had in mind to show the % markup of the chip (from peauction) and the expected cost for each recommended chip.
i'll try to include it pretty soon, together with a feature suggested here before: the possibility to enter your own % (overriding peauction's price) before the calculation is made.

/jdegre.

This is really amazing BIG + REP

i hope you can add all the profesions using Jimmy B's thread about how skills affect profesions with % and everything :)

All the Best
Ido

A total newbie with 1 in all skills and attributes can reach 200 HP and max out any handgun (Hit & Dmg) if he just has ~475 000 PEDs. :cool:

(bump this kewl thread)

Edit:

To calculate this I first did 200 HP, then I added the new skills to Hit and then to Dmg after that.

It would be very cool if you could set up several goals and get the optimal way to reach all of them. (Just like I did, just in three manual steps.) :)

Back