Dotman / Second Earth

A Dotman Tower in a PA like town !?!?!?

I downloaded the video and converted to avi.

It is a Dotman Tower inside Port Atlantis, to the left of the shopping center !
(must have been done on a testserver)

Its a 4 megabyte xvid video :

http://peguest.faraci.us/McCormick/dotmanpa.avi Right Click & Save As

And it is indeed from january 2007, so this china deal has a long history.

I downloaded the video and converted to avi.

It is a Dotman Tower inside Port Atlantis, to the left of the shopping center !
(must have been done on a testserver)

Its a 4 megabyte xvid video :

http://peguest.faraci.us/McCormick/dotmanpa.avi Right Click & Save As

And it is indeed from january 2007, so this china deal has a long history.

Wow, that was a cool short movie. That was quite a big tower :).

Yep, but i dont know if i read correctely but :

Did he said the main server will be in China ? :)

most important quote

I cant wait to see the ringtone planet lol ;)

I'm wondering if they will travel to us to play ...or how many will if it's allowed (which it's supposed to be).

Welcome to rubberbandland if many decide to visit.

This seems a pretty clear answer from the interview here :-
http://www.mmo-gamer.com/?p=142

Marco Behrmann: An addition. It is part of MindArk’s strategic plan to have partners in various fields and from various parts of the real world, to have planet(s). Some will be very much game-like, while other will have a completely different tone.

The MMO Gamer: I see. Will they all use single account/login system?

Marco Behrmann: Yes, as it is part of the same universe.

That's a great interview...+rep for posting it.
That guy got blood fom a stone there :laugh:

t

Freakin Tower!! that will convert PA in a chinese town by itself!! (ty btw I didn t even think of Dl it to try converting it to avi ^^)

heya,

There is a nice interview of Marco about china buisness )

enjoy,

http://www.mmo-gamer.com/?p=142

Great interview , a shame I hadn t read it sooner . That comfirm it will be in the same universe , even if it will be a strange one :p

Various planets will have various themes or focus, like shopping, culture, gaming, e-commerce, education, etc

It seems that each planet will be focus on an activity, wich is a bit unrealistic imo, I just hope the trip from one service to another to be free of charges.

My first guess was that each planet would contain all kind of activities, with specific poles...etc etc , and differents planets created around a cultural or a specific visual/design theme ( one focused on china for both playing and shopping, another where you must live underwater or so with a new gameplay and visual effects).

Yep, but i dont know if i read correctely but :

Did he said the main server will be in China ? :)

The MMO Gamer: According to the press release, the new Entropia Universe will be open to a worldwide audience and not just for the Chinese. Will the operation of the game and its servers be located in China alone?

Marco Behrmann: The main part will be on Chinese soil, for maximum performance and accessibility.

Nice interview. So basically, EU will be integrated to the whole Dotman empire thingy. So, if we feel like leaving EU and go have some coffee in China, then we may do so. Then, we can come back and play the game. Same for all the players. I wonder if our currency will stay the PED or become the DD, Dotman Dollar.

What about this scenario when the Chinese "business" planet is running.

Remember the convention and those little mob statues? How many people wanted one but couldn't buy one?

Enter the Chinese economy and manufacturing powers there....they see the market, have tools, and also have the link to MA and EU which could sort the licencing issues.

Wouldn't that make it possible to pop over there (or them pop over to Calypso) and buy the RL items with virtual peds? Have them posted IRL from their end?
Avatars, alsorts of other merchandise related to both EU and other external companies would be available too most likely.

Possible?

t

cant wait to visit the chinese education planet ;)

I wish the guy had asked something about chinese control / censorship or vitrual policing and if the players from these planets are allowed or able to travel to 'our' planets

I'm very interested in that :)

Here's what you were trying to say, but in Dotman terms :).
The epicenter of the virtual arm of the CRD, Dotman, appears to be a multifaceted user and business tool directed at anything digital. Offering users a full range digital life over the virtual as well as physical world and businesses the concentration of costs and logistics support by enterprise modeling. The Dotman World consists of Dotmedia, Dotbank, Dotmall, Dotgame, etc. Dotman users make the cyber life come true through modifying characteristic life, creating and accumulating wealth. Essentially, Dotman aims at being the number one source for all things digital and entertaining.

While I appreciate people utilizing my own site to further their knowledge of what is going on in the greater industry, it is customary (and legal) to give a source for all such quotes. The above quote is directly taken from my site www.rceuniverse.com and written by my fellow founder and writer, Nate Randall, to be seen in entirety here: http://rceuniverse.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6143 This just simplifies matters for all parties and ensures that everyone knows and trusts the sources.

Now... onwards to the bigger picture. Given the fact that the CRD is involved, and given the fact that on their site they have stated that they have been in conversation with MindArk since July of '06, it appears that this has been progressing for quite some time. To be sure, it made a few of my colleagues and I speculate on just when China began eye-ing EU. Most of us feel that they are interested in EU from a platform perspective, but there is some small evidence (along with hope) that eventually any Chinese planet residing under the EU umbrella may indeed be traversed by any one of us, offering a brilliant exchange of money, ideas and cultures. That remains to be seen, but certainly this is a huge story in the larger virtual worlds landscape and I've been interested in reading all of your takes on it.

While I appreciate people utilizing my own site to further their knowledge of what is going on in the greater industry, it is customary (and legal) to give a source for all such quotes. The above quote is directly taken from my site www.rceuniverse.com and written by my fellow founder and writer, Nate Randall, to be seen in entirety here: http://rceuniverse.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6143 This just simplifies matters for all parties and ensures that everyone knows and trusts the sources.

I never said it was my words. Plus, it is put into a quote wrapper, which pretty much states i didn't say it. How sad is it that i forgot to put the source... Guess i'll need to take some kind of journalism class to learn that i need to put the source when i google other sites on which i found it on... Forget the source once in 26 years and get bitched at, a simple PM would have been fine.

Edit: Previous unsourced post corrected.

Last edited:
I never said it was my words. Plus, it is put into a quote wrapper, which pretty much states i didn't say it. How sad is it that i forgot to put the source... Guess i'll need to take some kind of journalism class to learn that i need to put the source when i google other sites on which i found it on... Forget the source once in 26 years and get bitched at, a simple PM would have been fine.

Unfortunately improper sourcing online happens all the time at the expense of not only the original author, but of the community (not knowing where their information comes from). I've just grown accustomed to sourcing everything and requiring others to do so on my site, with a simple link to the original source or author note. I take no personal issue with anyone, as sometimes ppl do genuinely forget to put in proper attribution and just need a reminder. Take it as such, nothing less and nothing more.

Unfortunately improper sourcing online happens all the time at the expense of not only the original author, but of the community (not knowing where their information comes from). I've just grown accustomed to sourcing everything and requiring others to do so on my site, with a simple link to the original source or author note. I take no personal issue with anyone, as sometimes ppl do genuinely forget to put in proper attribution and just need a reminder. Take it as such, nothing less and nothing more.

Oh dear....get over yourself will you. This is a friendly place and it's busy because of that. Since you "co-founded" a similar community that is worth noting maybe?

We aren't journalists here, we just discuss and share info.
Hooters was right, a simple PM would have been adequate as it was obvious no harm was intended. It was corrected as soon as it was brought up.

If you look round the forums here you'll find similar examples.

You got a nice fat incoming link to your site for SE bots to follow from a very popular forum which you referenced in your metatags which will help your ranking...no doubt that will be helpful since it appears quite new.

Chill out.

t

Lol, u totaly exact Trimmer. I wanted to post nearly tyhe same post as u:)

So, Girls, if u have some problems, if u want to fight, do it by Private Messages and keep the Threads clear of that, please.

Ok, now i can continue my investigations :)

Well, today i provide some pictures and infos about our future:)

Here is some pics of DOTMAN infrastructures:

Main complex entrance>

Inside the complex, look like Xmen mansion:)

And probabely our future super fridged server >

There is some things interesting to read too :)

http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/joining-the-dots-to-new-virtual-worlds/2007/08/06/1186252627367.html > thats about how much CRD as invested in infrastructures and developpement of DOTMAN.

And an article i take on METASERVED.COM about buisness ingame.
I let u made the link with her in this issue...

Anshe Chung to Move on Inter World Finance
By Nick Wilson - Posted on May 20th, 2007
Anshe Chung, Second Life's famous first millionaire, is to take yet another step toward what appears to be her ultimate goal: Placing herself at the center of multiverse. After recent news of her partnership with Entropia Universe Mogul NeverDie to form the Virtual World Awards, it seems Anshe is now out to create an inter-world financial trading market which will allow residents in multiple worlds to invest their hard earned currency across virtual borders.
Mark Wallace of the excellent 3pointD blog says "It remains to be seen whether there’s much of a market for such inter-world investment" and goes on to note that it could just be a little to early for such a venture. Anshe herself is somewhat more bullish, as you'd imagine: "“At ACS we are convinced that once capital is flowing freely, people, goods and services will follow and eventually we will see incentive and pressure for the emergence of open tools and standards. It is our vision that one day even traveling across virtual worlds and taking your belongings with you should become as easy as a mouseclick.”
That's all well and good, but lets not lose site of the fact that Anshe is a very serious player in virtual worlds, and that her ultimate goal is money. Not necessarily a bad thing, but worth bearing in mind. One question that immediately springs to mind, is one of regulation. Who exactly would regulate such transactions? Theoretically, there could be an enormous flow of funds going through such a system, and a UK watchdog has already called for regulation of virtual world finance.
Certainly there are many questions left unanswered, but then like the Virtual World Awards, it's all so much virtual hot air at the moment. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. The project is due to release early next month.

It seems entrepreneurs ingame have a some serious chalengers, and it seems its more than a serious issue :)

Wait and see ... and enjoy.

Last edited:
wrong it we WILL be able to visit the China planet/land or whatever Marco confirmed this

Say those words again, slowly.

WE're not. I have a 1000 PED bet saying we won't in the next 5 years. The focus will be quite different.

If we *can* go, it will be like a huge shopping mall...that is all...

Back