Cannot log since VU

I dont really know.. we havent heard from him in quite a while, and the VU is done.... They did the same thing last year, lol

Plz plz plz no more jokes like this:)My heart is weak:D

well I can log in, but this is how my screen looks:

yes, this is my little addiction and yes this is my little routine that makes me happy after a hard day working..
now MA do u want players to have this addiction, this routine for your product? then don`t give them such unpleasant feelings..
I mean the last VU was the longest VU I remember.. so I`m asking: WTH is so hard to test a new VU before running it???????????
u don`t understand?
TEST IT.. yes it is that simple: TEST IT!
do u care more about money about then your customers` feelings?? well this could have a bad return too..
:mad:
.. as some1 already said here on EF.. "MA, put your shit together"..

Maybe if Marco could give us a few word on how the work is progressing?

Are you guys done for today?
Shall we call it a day and stop waiting or are you still trying to solve the issue today?

Any sign of life from MA's side would sertenly improve my mood right now.

Maybe if Marco could give us a few word on how the work is progressing?

Are you guys done for today?
Shall we call it a day and stop waiting or are you still trying to solve the issue today?

Any sign of life from MA's side would sertenly improve my mood right now.

I am waiting:mad:not for long tho:mad:

They are still working on the issue I think. And should fix it... So we just need to be patient here I guess :)

it's hard when we are so addicted to something though :silly2:

They are still working on the issue I think. And should fix it... So we just need to be patient here I guess :)

it's hard when we are so addicted to something though :silly2:

Yes, especially after been let in for a 15min tease befor CTD again....

are we all getting same issue?

are u all getting "entropia universe did not shut down normally" error??? I got this error after mini patch, deleted entire mindark directory regot whoooole thing, 2 hours later, SAME THING!!!!:scratch2::scratch2: Can we go back to 8.11 MA????? PLEASE???

are u all getting "entropia universe did not shut down normally" error??? I got this error after mini patch, deleted entire mindark directory regot whoooole thing, 2 hours later, SAME THING!!!!:scratch2::scratch2: Can we go back to 8.11 MA????? PLEASE???

Ehrmm, no. I cant even get on. As soon as I put in my GC number, it says "connection lost". I dont make it past the login screen, though the black message is kind of nice, much better than the red of old. red just makes me want to stab something.....

Well, I managed to get in. Did not change anything, just kept trying.

Logged out for some dinner - here's hoping I can get back in after :)

I am:mad:it says-server status 100%,then gold card number and thats all-...did not shut down normally..bla bla bla:mad:

Hi all, first post so hope it is helpfull.

I was having the same issues on three pc's today, I have just changed the Connection speed in options to 56k and it worked. Could be a co-incidence, but it it worth a try.

Brian Potter

Hi all, first post so hope it is helpfull.

I was having the same issues on three pc's today, I have just changed the Connection speed in options to 56k and it worked. Could be a co-incidence, but it it worth a try.

Brian Potter
Didnt work, and I cant say that that makes me entirely unhappy... VU's are laggy enough without only using a few % of my connection capabilities

Connection Skill

mAybye my connection skill isnt high nuff, does perception effect this skill?? and how can i chip up if i cant get in???:scratch2::scratch2:

Sorry to hear that Teilk, I must have been lucky, as I have just changed the connection settings back and can still log in, though I did notice that there was no slow down or lag with the setting on 56k. Although lag appears to be memory dependent, as I get no lag now I have 2GB.

finally I made it. I changed the connection speed to 512k and I was in, after 4 hours of "connection lost". But this might be a fluke. It is not proven that changing connection is the solution

connection attempts

maybe connection attempts in this VU are like sweating attempts wer?? We just keep clicking the launch button over n over gain till we get in right? Will focus help?

Ok, i'm in again.
Seems to bee something with that connection speed after all.
I hiked it all the way up to 10.0 mb and got in instantly.

Can't find any logic to it but hey, if it works, i'll buy it.

No ubers in game ? :yay::yay::yay:
just joking , think MA will repair that

ive been downloading the update, it finishes, i hit launch, and it starts downloading again, done this about 5 times now, each download is about 15 min at 80-100 kbyte/s.

guess ill be checking out new guns and roses songs till i can get it goin

same can't login since VU update...pls MA fix this ASAP

Same here keep getting same message. Glad I found this post and know now I'm not alone. I was just ready to depo about 500$ too!!! Hear that M.A.? Now your loosing money because by tomorrow I may be sober and not so foolish with my money. LoL :cool:

Still no joy it just keeps telling me that EU is down for an upgrade even though servers report being at 100%.

I guess my soc will be pleased. I'll have more time to post to the soc forum and I may even have time to do that flash based web site I'd been talking about lol!

Dunno the connection issue ... but I do know one thing...

millions of dollars in the game, and they don't have enough ftp bandwidth...

I keep getting the following message...

Read the error description. The reason may be informative enough. Below is some general suggestions for some error reasons.

Server occupied
Please wait a while and try again later.

Connection/receive failure
The download server may be down. If the error always occur, please check your internet and firewall settings for the FTP protocol (passive mode).

Could not create local file
You may need to log in as an administrator or make the administrator set file permissions for the Project Entropia/Entropia Universe folder for your account.

If you don't know what to do, contact MA support via the web site and include the error reason in the support case description.

I would think that a company that I invest 12k/yr in would at LEAST give me some sorta ftp priority -.-

~Red

edit: Note, at least I got it downloaded on my work computer... guess I need to go BACK to work to play o_O

edit2: Finally the laptop is going... but the other 3 computers in the house need to be updated -.-

Work is being done to jumpstart the login server. One possible workaround is to either reduce or increase the connection limit (some claim putting it up to 10Mbit helps alot).

Again, we apologize for the issues experienced

Work is being done to jumpstart the login server. One possible workaround is to either reduce or increase the connection limit (some claim putting it up to 10Mbit helps alot).

Again, we apologize for the issues experienced

Marco,

I never respond to you, nor care about your responses (no offense). And, I feel quite happy that you responded at the issue that concerns so many others.

But, being a depositor that has deposited this over $6000 USD this year alone, I do have to ask, why hasn't your QA department done more to appease those people that put a LOT of money into the system? No offense, but, a couple more deposits, I could buy a car that is warrantied for 5 years...

I would THINK that a few of us deserve a wee bit more respect than "we're working on it".... not that I mean disrespect, I understand how these things go (my DNS server died this morning... imagine that @ MA...)... but, come on... multi-million dollar company... ~$2000 servers... you do the math...

I have never been one to complain, and I probably never will... I love the game... but... seriously... don't you feel at least a little bit stupid being the PR rep for a company that has an inane tech department?

Regards,

~Red

EDIT: I like making edits... I just saw a commercial, after hitting "submit"... a Sony commercial for a camera.. the theme was "Your Dad is not a Horses Behind"... irony... You, Marco, are not a "Horses Behind"... or at least I would hope not... Can you PLEASE tell Jan that your tech dept needs a SERIOUS overhaul. They are making you seem like the horses behind! ;)

Last edited:
Having problems to login aswell, when jumps to Loading phase, crashes... :mad:

Back