Help!!!!!!!

Spiritmonger

Young
Hello everyone. Im new to this game and i havent played it yet. My computer hang/freeze after I click in the OK box to start creating the avatar. I already try to install the display drivers, checked firewall ports, but still cant get in.
Can anyone help me? :mad:

specs might help to help u.. :p

otherwise support.

Hey Spiritmonger... :)

Wanna post your system specifications here and we can have look?

What version of DirectX do you have installed?

what operating system are you running?

Have you done a full power off of your machine since installing the game?

Just a couple of questions to start us off, that way we've got something to work on :)

you beat me to it il :laugh:

Thanks

Ok, my computer is a portable HP pavilion zt3240fa. Its a 1,6ghz, it has 512DDR ram, ATI Mobility RADEON 9200 64 mb, windows XP home, directx9.0c, i have a 128 kb cable connection, and i have all the drivers updated. I already have send a mail to support, but im waiting for about 12 hours for a answer. I have powered off about 20 times, because when the screen hang/freeze i have to power off.

I would say the fact you are using a 64bit vid card might be your first and probly biggest issue. and you say 128kb cable connecttion...its a modem? that would not be good for this game either. hope that helps

and ultimababe you are absolutly delicious looking:D

Absolutely Vemon... I've noticed alot of ppl having probs with their laptop GFX... in particular the mobility 9200. :poke:

And thanks Vemon :tongue2: that's made me feel all warm 'n' gushy inside :girl: hehe

(are you a bloke? :eek: )

Actually his computer looks better than the one I use to play on.
64MB graphics should not be the problem. I use to use a horrible GF4 MX 420 before and hunted just fine with it. It hated Port Atlantis though. ;)
I do think that 64mb is the minimum though.
As for the rest... 1.6GHz looks fine and so does 512MB DDR. I played on 1.1GHz and 256MB SDRam. :laugh:

Dunno what the problem could be though. :(

I think im going to quit this game and i havent played it yet. Frustating.

Thanks to all of you, friends

How much free space do you have on your hard drive? - If you dont have enough free space then the game could struggle to start.

What size is your page file set to? - If your page file is too small then, again, your gonna have probs initializing the game.

One suggestion (if you dont have much free space) would be to:

1. Un-install PE.

2. Do a disk cleanup.

3. Run Disk Defragmenter.

4. Install PE and test.

If you have ample space on your drive then:

1. Do a disk cleanup

2. Run a defrag and test PE

I'll have a think about some more options for you in the meantime ;)

Also in the options in the client loader try changing a few things around. Disable sound, set the graphics to low. Maybe lower refresh rate? Experiment with that and tell us if anything changes. :)

Well, i already tried all. I have put setup to the minimum. I have take down the acceleration to the minimum to. Still dont work.

Thanks

ZarathustrA said:
Actually his computer looks better than the one I use to play on.
64MB graphics should not be the problem. I use to use a horrible GF4 MX 420 before and hunted just fine with it. It hated Port Atlantis though. ;)
I do think that 64mb is the minimum though.

was this before or after 7.0?

i think 7.1 made 64meg cards obsolete. =/

i could be wrong.. but ouch. =/

*dash smiles at his 256*

Your pagefile is an area of your hard drive that you dedicate to memory... (Virtual Memory) If you dont have much RAM (Hardware RAM that is), then you can use this method.

You must be logged on as an Administrator to do this.

1) Click Start, then click Run, and then type sysdm.cpl in the box.

2) Click on the Advanced tab, then click settings under performance.

3) Click the Advanced tab, now click on change under virtual memory.

4) Click the drive that contains the page file that you want to change.

5) Under page file size for your selected drive, click on Custom size, enter a new page file size in the Initial size or Maximum size box, and then click Set.

Dash Smashing said:

*dash smiles at his 256*

i can still run it with my 32meg geforce 2. and with only 384mb of ram, with only 933mhz...granted, i don't do this often. usually use the other PC.

Sorry, Ultimababe. I have increased the page file to the maximum, but still dont work.

Dash Smashing said:

*dash smiles at his 256*

Befor and after. I have run PE on my old computer (which is setup beside me) recently. :)

..and yes now I have a 6800GT 256mb. The new 6800 Ultra 512MB cards look NICE though... and with SLI... 1024MB of Videocard RAM. :tongue2:
Not like I have $1,400 to spend on video cards though. :(

Last edited:
Spiritmonger,

The fact that your complete system locks up when this happens, leads me to suspect there's an incompatibility with your hardware / or it's not powerful enough to run the game...

Can you play other games with similar specification requirements?

Maybe DirectX 9c doesnt mix well with the whole set up (I have seen this before)... try un-installing and downgrading to DirectX 9B, maybe see if this helps?

:computer:

Back