Invisible Enemy?

Mustafa

Mature
Society
The Prophecy
Matt Mustafa Lewis
I've been hunting some snables to build up my skill near Atlas Island North. I keep getting attacked and killed by a creature that makes the same sounds as a snablesnot, but I cannot see the creature itself, it is on my radar though. I try running away, but it follows me until I stop running, and it attacks me. This has been happening to me for about a week now, usually daily.

Any ideas?

Run in any direction...hopefully not towards other mobs.
Now turn around 180 degrees and move your mouse around the area in front of you. You should see the name pop up as you would for a mob that you could see. Click it or pull the info box. Now kill it.

I had this happen at bot valley a lot lately too...

I've had the exact same problem at Atlas Island as well. I really think the location has alot to do with the issue rather than just being my avatar.

Anyway, I usually end up just relogging quickly with the little bugger hitting me. When I have logged back in I can usually see it.

I've tried doing what Frigid suggested as well, my only problem came when the animal started running away out of my pistol range. (yes I'm that much of a noob that I can't seem to keep up to it and fire at the right spot in time to hit it)

Good luck and hope that helps ;)

Hmmm

Hmmm, A soc m8 had this problem too man. I dug up a website that may help.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/std/stdc3.shtml

It is most important to stick to the shampoo regimine! Eventually they will go away. If it isn't this, then it is a pure case of invisible snablesnot, which can be solved by running near a turret in town :) .

The relogging thing works for me fine. :)

Wondering when the first infrared glasses will drop. ;)

On the serious side this bug has been around a few months at the very least. It seems to have replaced the bug where you used to get mobs without the corresponding sprite being loaded resulting in a completely black mob. Or it might be the same bug where the black has gone transparant.

If you can run fast enough and were to run it from your radar and then return it would become visible. I had it a couple of weeks ago with an araneatrox Dominant. But dying after 3 hits and then TPing back after revive i could see it again.

Time for a new support case i think.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

This happened to me once, i had an annoying Merp young hitting me for about an hour(was nice for my armor decay). I heard by the sound of it that is was a merp, but couldn't see it or kill it. I did see it in my radar.
Finally i ran towards a TP and the turret killed it for me.
Just logging off for a few minutes would have done the trick as well i guess.

Ask someone else to top the little sod works too.
Other folk can usually see the mobs.

At Atlas there is water to drown them pretty close usually too.

Funny you had a snable, it's always an Exa with me :laugh:

t

Argo s.nymph too.

Actually I enjoy the challenge of killing it :laugh:

I have to relog to loot tho

:cool: I do believe the common name for what you are experiencing is a "server bug". MA is usually good at sorting it out, however if the "problem" continues, simply move to a new land area on a different server, or send in a support case if it is really 'bugging' you. ;)

Add my name to the list of invisible mob victims (Diakibas north of PA)

happens all the time. anywhere.. it's a bug. Just hit your spacebar, and spin-and-shoot, and you'll drop him pretty quick.

Sucks when the invisi-mob is a trox dom or something really annoying.

Ha, I could imagine.

This is probably related to the similar bugs of mobs stuck in trees or the worse one, mobs stuck under things (like the ground and buildings).

The problem is with 'holes' in the world. these happen at boundaries where two or more different terrain types or objects interact. If they do not match perfectly, things can fall through.

The other case is bugged spawns, where the mob spawns in a non viable place.

I do not know if MA wants to know about these so they can fix them, but I would expect so. Maye log a case if you annoyed about a particlar place.

In one game (not this one) a friend of mine knew a person whose job was to travel the (game) world and find these mismatches.

I got attacked by an invisible dakiba...used about 700 cells and finally killed it....couldnt find where he was to loot it though...so i was upset

Back