A major security flaw: username and password are passed openly

If your EU account is hacked you only have the means to go to your local police.
Mindark will not help you personally one little bit, but disclose every important piece of information to officials should you open a case with the police.

If this holds true or not for a goldcard owner is unknown,
as there is no accredited hacking of a goldcard known to the public.

Well I suspect the police won't give you your lost peds back, so it looks like what you're saying is if your account is hacked, and you lose all your peds, you've lost them. End of story.

The moral I guess is don't build up a sigificant in-game balance and don't deposit anything you cannot afford to lose completely, and get a GC. ie depositing is not an invesment, it's spending. Does that sound about right?

Well I suspect the police won't give you your lost peds back, so it looks like what you're saying is if your account is hacked, and you lose all your peds, you've lost them. End of story.

No actually that is not right.

I like to compare this situation with a robbery where at the end the thug hands you out a business card.

Of course the police will not give you back your money they ain't doing that in real life robberies, so why should they in virtual robberies.

But if your local police is not completely ignorant they will ask MA for the needed data.
And even when many people here are telling that it is easy to cover the tracks it actually is not.
MA has all means they need to trace which account will withdraw the money and if not a completely crazy political constellation is involved the thug will be put to trial.

If you get money back depends on the law systems involved I'd say.
But to go to the police does not cost anything, at least here in germany.

I saw this on the mdsn flash newsletter and i think it could be appplied to eu, it basically means that you use a cardspace thingy to access websites which use passwords and such using the cardspace thingy. (forgive me vagueness but i really can't be arsed to read through and understand all of that article)

Back