Has the EU lost its luster???

Is the EU boring you yet?

• Hell no, how can anyone get bored with the EU?

Votes: 85 17.8%
  • Eh... not yet... but I can see it happening sooner or later.

Votes: 104 21.8%
  • Yeah, I'm bored.... although there is some hope now and then.

Votes: 207 43.4%
  • Bored out of my skull... why do you think I stay away so much anymore?

Votes: 81 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if MA was to drop all the BS and come right out,and say EU is a gambling site done in the stlye of a MMO, ppl would know what to expect and probably be much happier.

Also then things like skills etc(that are no longer relevant or serve any purpose,unless you got max skills already ) could be done away with, making for a cleaner gambling site.

Infact as a gambling site EU is quite good. £5 in EU can be made to last a few hrs, whereas other gambling sites £5 bearly lasts 5 mins, and thats using the cheap slots. I would never have thought about even trying a gambling site, as i realy dont believe in gambling, if it was not for EU BTW.

Last edited:
As an RPG this game is one of the worst in history imo.
200 PED ammo for 1 HG point and im not even at 6K HG. The thing that got me into this game was the opportunity to always be able to improve, get better. But when i hunt serious hardcore for a week (say minimum 10 hours/day) it blows that i have not improved shit. It's a lot of time and money and for me the fun lies in improvement, not getting rich ingame. I try to stay positive, telling myself that in a few years time i might even unlock Commando, but it's just getting slower and slower and i can barely see any progress in the Lvl 44 laser Pistoleer bar after a week or two of hard hunting. Heavy chipping is out of the question since that is nerfed tho. As an example i would need ~660 USD to chip from 6900 to 8K LWT :( .... Skill to that level would probably take a year or two.

It's absolutely possible to make money in EU imo but sadly that's not why im here.

yesterday i must have had my worst hunt in my pe life....300 ped ammo became a 380 ped loss :scratch2:

so some days i just think that i wont be long in here from now on if things dont improve :/

but never the less ill propably be on tonight again :rolleyes:

and i completely agree with fjolla skills after 4k barely move at all.
and after 5k they practically stop:(

Hmm,

EU gets boring. Something gets nerfed. You "quit". In few months time you remember an active "second life" you had. You come back. See that everythig changed. New ppl around that matter, new system installed etc. etc.

Face it - we are all gamblers. We can not actually quit EU once we tasted it. The good thing is that with some luck and patience you can actually stay non depositer for a long long time and even earn that $3 that can last you the whole day.

If you think $3 doesn last a day - try this. Get opalo from the TT and 25 PED ammo. Go hunt snables. It will last you 1-2 hrs and you will get 50-80% back along with some pixie / gremlin parts. Sell these parts in PA for tt+1 and there you have it - around 20 - 25 ped for new ammo...

I.

Hmm,

EU gets boring. Something gets nerfed. You "quit". In few months time you remember an active "second life" you had. You come back. See that everythig changed. New ppl around that matter, new system installed etc. etc.

Face it - we are all gamblers. We can not actually quit EU once we tasted it. The good thing is that with some luck and patience you can actually stay non depositer for a long long time and even earn that $3 that can last you the whole day.

If you think $3 doesn last a day - try this. Get opalo from the TT and 25 PED ammo. Go hunt snables. It will last you 1-2 hrs and you will get 50-80% back along with some pixie / gremlin parts. Sell these parts in PA for tt+1 and there you have it - around 20 - 25 ped for new ammo...

I.

Mate but what about big things? Like Aurlis, Kreltins, Scipulors and god knows what else. Hunting Snables is economical but I might as well play tetris against my little cousin for 1 Euro a game.

and i completely agree with fjolla skills after 4k barely move at all.
and after 5k they practically stop:(

LOL well if you think its practically stopped @ 5k try a few k peds @ 10k THATS stopped

LOL well if you think its practically stopped @ 5k try a few k peds @ 10k THATS stopped

well be happy if you got that amount of skills now...cuz getting there is almost impossible without chipping these days.

And one more thing - that only MA mistake.

Why cant they make more events. It seems like that company doesnt hire some hard core programmers but outsources from time to time just when water is to the neck with ppl complaining.

I mean, why cant they organize an event every once in a while (once a week e.g.) containing some odd and usefull item. Let it be 0TT - doesnt have to cost them a dime (like ME gifts).

That would keep ppl focused, make them spend money thinking that they can have something noone has. And that shouldnt be sloppy like "ahh the egg" event but show the potentials a.s.a.p. like for example PoE event.

I.

ofc it's slower at 10k. but understand that it aint exactly fast at 6k eiher after all the nerfs. everyone cant spend all their time in a virtual universe. or their money for that matter.

Mate but what about big things? Like Aurlis, Kreltins, Scipulors and god knows what else. Hunting Snables is economical but I might as well play tetris against my little cousin for 1 Euro a game.

Well yes. I trust hunting those is OK too.

With a big BUT. You get all ammo back sooner or later. MA takes ONLY decay on your things - yes.

I am sure if you kill 10k creatures you will be rewarded with a nice HOF, item sellable for +2k or more or even an ATH.

But killing 10k snables costs x. (20 pec / snable) totaling cca US$ 200
Killing 10k aurlis costs 20x (4 ped / aurli) totaling cca US$ 4k

Take my estimates with reserves, intended for explaining my point.

I.

I think that some of the posts seem to be more about frustrations or disappointments with EU rather than if you're bored due to lack of entertainment (or whatever factors you're taking into account for what makes this game boring). I posted before that I got bored and chipped out and sold equipment and now I'm not bored, but I know I will be.

The reason that I got bored before what there was no more challenges that I could really take without huge deposits. I hit the ceiling in that I knew all my limits. I knew what mobs I could hunt solo and what mobs I needed to hunt in teams. And I would have stayed in that spot until either I made huge deposits to increase firepower/armor/faps or skilled up a ton for a lot more HPs, which would require massive deposits to chip or about 2 more years playing heavily.

Since I chipped everything and sold everything, it's a challenge again. That means I'm not bored. I can gain equipment, skills, etc. Only this time I'm working from a non-depositing mindframe.

My boredom was caused by a lack of challenge. Some folks (including myself) it seems is the lack of storyline. However, I don't think that the cost of items, the cost of playing, eco hunting/mining/crafting, whatever is about whether or not your bored with EU. I think that those are frustrating or disappointing walls that are in the way (unless you're bored because you can't make money).

I think posters need to focus on what about EU entertains/challenges you. Not what is frustrating or disappointing with the game or the state of the economy, unless it's a direct cause of why you're bored

The thing about Eu is that its impossible to get anything fun in loots. i dont mean to get shadow or something else super uber, but just fun items. And IF you get some item, its just pure luck. I want to be able to collect my own full gremlin, vigi, nemesis or whatever , but it is just not possible, unless you want to play for the rest of youre life. The idea about a game with a RCE is great, but its not for ordinary players, its for buisnessmen and people with fat wallets,and people who like to gamble, atleast it is for the moment.

well 1 1/2 years ago you could do as you suggested
You could go camp a mob and eventually get that armor part you needed
and you wouldnt lose an arm and a leg doing it if you played smart.
The difference now is, you cant do that. Its all just much more rare to get items you need or want. You cant go to wiki and say this mobs loots this item so i go hunt til i get it, you will just end up broke and upset.
Im not sure what exactly changed but it seems from 1 year ago to today MA just tightened the screws on hunting , i mean you cannot play this game without depositing even if you use an opallo and 101 amp, and never fap and never use armor.
You must deposit to play now. So it comes down to just being easier to buy the armor at markup than for certain not be able to loot it and go broke.
But that raises the question when you get said item what are you gonna do with it?
Its seems the best bet in this game is to wait it out til most of the players go broke then you can have the whole game to yourself ;P

well 1 1/2 years ago you could do as you suggested
You could go camp a mob and eventually get that armor part you needed
and you wouldnt lose an arm and a leg doing it if you played smart.
The difference now is, you cant do that. Its all just much more rare to get items you need or want. You cant go to wiki and say this mobs loots this item so i go hunt til i get it, you will just end up broke and upset.
Looking up loot on wiki and then camping the right mob still works if you're looking for pixie/goblin/shogun/gremlin etc...
It kinda never has worked for shadow/eon etc.... (Well, maybe in beta or something)

Are you sure it's not just you, who are looking for more rare armor parts now than 1.5 years ago?

It kinda never has worked for shadow/eon etc....
Well, camping mobs for those armors worked *WELL* for many people. As well as camping for doas, ml-35s etc no biggie guns/armors. Especially angel and shadow pieces which had pretty low tt in drops and people looted many of them just in minis.

Well, camping mobs for those armors worked *WELL* for many people. As well as camping for doas, ml-35s etc no biggie guns/armors. Especially angel and shadow pieces which had pretty low tt in drops and people looted many of them just in minis.

Yep with some patience and some peds and beeing smart u could pretty nicely upgrade your gear.

Why do u think nowadays almost everyone walks in complete sets? because the buy everything.

When I started most people gathered their gear and slowly upgraded, stuff was bought aswell but hunting a mob often resulted in either items u could trade for what u wanted or the part you wanted.

I walked around in a nem/vigi which i all looted and later bought like 3 angel parts to supplement it for like 2.8k.

Which i found a waste really quickly as i didnt have a big gun nor the constant peds to hunt bigger mobs all day long anyway so i sold it.

Getting gear wasnt really that hard, and it was alot of fun!!

I dont hunt anymore, and I kindaof only play PE to relax now which means mining and ill maybe start crafting. And yeah now i have to buy some skill chips in crafting or i will lose money out of my brain b4 i even have some skills.

Mining is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going, and yeah its 100% gambling when i mine up CND, but fun, its kinda why i play poker, just hope for good cards and even poker requires more brain Imo.!

I'm looking all these HoF/Uberloot messages on forum and... it really is boring as hell. sad... used to be such a fun seeing someone looting some ML rifle, shadow parts or even better every now and then. and now? oli + L = boooooooring! heck, even the latest ATH's are nothing compared to some decent items in loot a while back.

now, where was that pause button I had... oh, it's already on. so good just to lean back and wait if The Team of Balance will finally relize that this is not what people want. nice to see that more and more people do the same, that must count sooner or later =)

J.

The thing about Eu is that its impossible to get anything fun in loots. i dont mean to get shadow or something else super uber, but just fun items. And IF you get some item, its just pure luck. I want to be able to collect my own full gremlin, vigi, nemesis or whatever , but it is just not possible, unless you want to play for the rest of youre life. The idea about a game with a RCE is great, but its not for ordinary players, its for buisnessmen and people with fat wallets,and people who like to gamble, atleast it is for the moment.

I agree with you. When I was putting my Angel together and trying to loot an ML-35 it was some of the most fun "boring" moments in game. I never did loot an Angel piece but actually being patient and tracking down the individual pieces ( I had an orange and white armor mix for a long time) was worth the effort. Also grinding Atrax Providers and Guardians while very boring over time eventually paid off when I looted a low tt ML-35. Its a moment I will never forget and after it was said and done every day I signed on and thought "Ohhhh no not another Atrax" was suddenly well worth it.

If it wasnt for those moments like the ML-35 loot, I would have never kept on with niche professions like crafting and mining which lead to some rare finds (which I still have in my rare box to this day) and a high level weapon BP which I never did get enough skills to use effectively but it was worth grinding Jester D-1s to try and make it happen.

This is just from my point of view but the incentives to grind through the boredom have just moved out of reach or at the very least seem non existant. My incentives to continue on through the boring parts of PE/EU were to gain skills and unlocks to become more efficient to hunt larger mobs to be open to getting better more exciting loots (same with mining and same with crafting)

The moments of "WOW that is such a cool ass loot I want one of those too" are just to far and few between. Seeing a 10K drone 01 and a 10K Atrox Stalker ummmm really doesnt give me any incentive to hunt Atrox Stalkers especially when the Stalker loot has just oil. Plopping just one of the better items that Atrox drop in loot into that HOF would make it worth it, but we don't see it. My one uber on a Hogglo (which used to be prolific item dropers) was all oil and lumber just how anticlimactic can it get. Don't get me wrong I was happy to get such a nice HOF from a Hog but maybe a year ago it would have had at least one notable item. I havent posted in the HOF section here on EF since my Growth Molecule find which was over 6 months ago and I play day in and day out (2-3 hours a day 4 or more on the weekends) and usually hunt big mobs to boot and have yet to loot or HOF anything noteworthy :confused: when a couple years before maybe every other month something would pop up that was out of the ordinary.

That is what has changed and frankly that is why I feel bored and/or dissapointed with EU at times.

YES it has

Hello @ all,

i dont play EU any more! I played EU for a long time and very intensive.
But since a couple of month i feel fucked up and fooled from MA.
The feeling came with the "L-Stuff" and with the bad item Loot.
Many of my friends stoped playing EU. I think MA will have a big porblem when they dont change their strategy. I wont spent more money into a game that dont give me the feeling of fun during i play. after the latest VU´s i just felt anger after hunting mining or crafting.
Dont spent money into a company who try to fuck yu up all the time.

greetz

I want to be able to collect my own full gremlin, vigi, nemesis or whatever , but it is just not possible, unless you want to play for the rest of youre life.

I have looted myself two entire sets of gremlin (M) without too much difficulty and derived a lot of enjoyment from the process. I do hear you, though. MA could introduce some random low tt (L) gadgets and nicknacks that are just fun, and put those in loot if they aren't going to drop many unlimited old stuff anymore. They just need to put something besides oils and stones in loot.

Back