"and other mysterious phenomenon"

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Been reading through one of those fun old interviews with MA from the dawn of time when they had a lot a big ideas about what was gonna be in the game:

http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/ep/viewtopic.php?t=5218

Given we just got rocket launchers and grenades I was rather amused by this particular line:

26) (March 2001 Updated) A: For example the types of explosives that will make there way into the game are: grenades, rockets, and other mysterious phenomenon.

So what could that be then? :D I reckon its the "breath removing" egg... :laugh:

Wistrel

PS I realise they were probably just probably spouting and it has nothing to do with what we have now but I'm be intregued to know what they were originally thinking (if indeed anything) even if the idea was scrapped. Maybe some kinda wide spread mind force power?

Maybe the egg will produce a fire breathing atrox that does spread damage (stab/cut/impact AND burn!) to multiple team members at once? Wouldn't really take my breath away, but it sure as hell would be fun to team hunt. :)

Reactions: jak
with wings! (and the ability to drop fissix enabled rocks on people)

Well, between the "our whit a whimper" end of the last robot invasion (Lord Telephone apparently called the wrong number), The RX "robot" attack, and the missing landgrab, I'd say there are plenty of mysterious phenomena all around us. That stuff keeps me scratching my head!

AG

The atrox egg will hatch,
and what a suprise we will get an atrox king.
which will set up a great atrox army by shouting a lot.
The atrox army will start assaulting all the cities.
everyone will buy theirselfes new armors.

And a lot new packet of items will be starting to drop..

sounds like a nice theory? :yay:

Maybe the egg will produce a fire breathing atrox that does spread damage (stab/cut/impact AND burn!) to multiple team members at once? Wouldn't really take my breath away, but it sure as hell would be fun to team hunt. :)

Nice idea!!! +rep for that one :) I would love to see MA intruduce a fire breathing atrax :D

My most interesting phenomenon was when their was about 15-20 minutes of constant animals running through Twin Peaks about a month back. The turret guns didnt attack these animals. animals ranging from chirpy's to atrax.

Many of us were in the PVP area...and it was nice...i globaled on an exaro...nothing big but a small 61 Pedder.

I had seen this happen in the past, but not for this length of time.

Think "Jurassic Park"... Atrox EVERYWHERE, Nowhere is safe now the egg has hatched... Or is about to...

"and other mysterious phenomenon"

Hmmmm interesting quote I immediately thought of Mindforce when thinking of mysterious phenomenon. Maybe they will develop a multiple ranged MF chip much like a grenade or rocket it will affect a given number of mobs or participants within its damage radius. An Electrical attack would make sense here. I currently play a "Privateer" like sandbox game called X3 which has Ion disruptor weaponary which will arc off mutliple targets if you are not careful but it is more for scrambling electronics and bringing down shields.

There are so many different ways they could go with this and now with PhysX integrated into EU maybe we will see some innovation coming out of the EU development team.

I think I have a concept of an Ion weapon somewhere in my files. I will need to upload it to my Blog.

the misterious phenomenon is the EULA, folks...dooh

My most interesting phenomenon was when their was about 15-20 minutes of constant animals running through Twin Peaks about a month back. The turret guns didnt attack these animals. animals ranging from chirpy's to atrax.

Many of us were in the PVP area...and it was nice...i globaled on an exaro...nothing big but a small 61 Pedder.

I had seen this happen in the past, but not for this length of time.

I was a jason centre one time and a whole group of gen 1-5 robots came and killed everyone.

sorry to rain on y'all, but i know whats in the egg. yes, it's....another....egg. :wtg:

I heared also that in Entropia there will be some vihicles and still nothing :p

I was a jason centre one time and a whole group of gen 1-5 robots came and killed everyone.

Haha how did that make you guys feel?

I believe the hardest thing was like an atrax provider, maybe guardian, it was just extremely funny...and fun. To see us PVP people hunting chirpy's/daik/atrax/and others that were swarming the town.

Foodpacks anyone ? Inside the game (folders) since VU 3.4 and before...

Vehicles ? Crossing testservers since 2001 :p

and that's what MA said in 2001 , we just got rocket launchers and explosives so no one else think its insane for something that they said would be implemented has taken 6 YEARS to actually be in game ,:mad:

personally find that quite disgusting :(

---------
104) Q: Will players be able to use animals as mounts?

A: Yes, but this needs further testing and may not be incorporated into the first release of the game.

:)

the misterious phenomenon is the EULA, folks...dooh

lol!!!!!!!! Best answer yet! Incidentally McCormick whats this about food and vehicles on a test server? How do you know?

everyone will buy theirselfes new armors.

A Nostradamus Quatrain? Have we a Prophet on Calypso?....:eek:
(pun intended)
It'll be a first...:rolleyes:

everyone will buy theirselfes new armors.!QUOTE]

Then the people will gather and fight the oncoming forces to protect their homeland!

That would be pretty cool to have an event where the creatures attacked all the cities...and the people had an non-stopping fight for hours maybe even a day or 2...picture all the ammo MA will sell!

You mean like when the feffs attacked fury relentlessly for 2 days so they could test their new servers?

Back