Beginners guide to mining?

ColJack

Old
Society
Stagrate Command
ColJack or Jenny Jackson
would any of you veteran miners care to outline your mining methods, so that those of us who still just run round dropping bombs everywhere in the hope of finding a hit, can get a good idea of how it's supposed to be done?

I would also like some info on what the benefits of having higher numbered finders actually does..

There are some guides here and there on the web. Search this and the entropia pioneer forum and you'll find some stuff. I'm pretty new at mining myself so I'm not the one to give any advice. One thing to keep in mind though : when reading guides the person who wrote it usually have massive amounts of skills from years of playing. Since you don't have these skills, it wont be as easy as it sounds. Be prepared to lose some money in the beginning.

No one really knows all the stats of the mining tools. But the higher level tools decay slower, have larger search radius etc.

I'm not really an experienced miner, but I have been mining for quite a while (5.0 or so), so I'll share what I know :D

First of all, there is no "miracle" method. Every miner has his or her own method.

Here are a few tips to avoid wasting money :
- "You found no resources" : this message doesn't always mean :wise: there is nothing on a 50-meter-or-so radius around you. If there is something, it might be too deep or too big for your current skills, and you can miss deposits too (without any apparent reason but bad luck). Everything is random, but it strongly depends on your mining/drilling skills.
- The blasting radius : When you don't find anything, the best thing to do is to run ~100 meters towards the blast radius. You can't be sure there was nothing here ; but you have to cover as much area as you can with minimal waste. When you find something, well... a few miners will tell you to run ~100 meters as well towards the claim rod for the same reason. However, claims can be close to each other (sometimes as close as 10 meters). It's up to you.
- Skillgains : Well, most miners would die defending their skillgains theories. However, we don't have any clue about them, they might just be random skillgains just like any other profession.
- Record your findings : Notepad, pen and paper, trustworthy program... anything will do. Just make sure you know where you can find deposits... because they respawn over time ! No one can tell where and when, however, they do respawn depending on players' money input (lootpool).
- Mass mining helps : A good mining trip is made of at least 100 bombs / 200 probes. You can expect to make a profit (or at least break even) with this. If you go out with a few probes or bombs, you are likely to lose money unless you are very lucky.

Last but not least : if you find something, there should be other deposits around... And if you keep getting the "no resources" message, either try another area or keep cool. Bad luck happens.

begginners guide to mining aye? i've read it and still dont know how to mine. what equipment do i buy when i only have 3 ped and dont need to waste it buying the wrong thing? how do i use it? Do i search in rocky areas or just anywhere? can i refine what i find and craft it into something to sell for more at the trade terminal? is there a weight limit to what you can carry?

Hi all :)

Im a pretty Noobish Miner but some of the Questions here i can help out.

Mining with 3 Ped will hard because you need an Finder and Extractor and some Probes. You need more Peds

Higher Tools have not a Slower Decay they have just a Higher TT Value. The Decay on it is Higher. Especially on the Oreminers you can feel a BIG Difference in Decay. Unless you in a Hostile Enviroment and wanna Get Fast out there the Trade Terminal Miner is the most Economic. The other Miners just Pull the Findings faster out of the Ground but dont pull more Ores total.

Some High Level Miners say they get good Findings even with the TT Finders and the Crafted Consume your Profit and not really Helpfull in Maximizing your Economics. Its all a Question of Belive :)

Apart from the MINING Tools the FINDER Tools seems to have a Influence on what you find. The other Question is, is it worth the Decay ?

Some Miners prefer a Double Bomb when finding a Ressource. Sometimes you have 4 or more Depods just a few Meters from each other. Sometimes Dropping a 2. Bomb is pure Waste of Peds.

Select you a Area and Bomb it out. Use a Plan how to Bomb it most Effective and Cover as mutch Space as you can.

And because im a pretty Noobish Miner i better Shut up now :tongue2:

Not many miners will give up their secrets and for ver good reasons. I have always been open to what I have discovered over the course of many UVs.

I have not had the chance to mine in the current UV (7.5) but will proberly over the weekend as my home net connection is not working at the mo. Will be posting the results and findings even when using my trademarked "number spiral" method :tongue2:

See U all soon

R4TX
:confused: (New nick for a new breed of miner) :confused:

Mining is a little easier in 7.5 because of they lowered the amount of mobs and made them less aggressive. It's still not like 7.3 though, but I guess it never will be and we just have to get used to it.

And I'm totally wrong in my first post in this thread. :duh:
The more expensive equipment does not decay slower, it decays faster!

As Fiona said, double bombing is a neat little trick. If you find a small deposit close to where you placed the bomb/probe, try to bomb the same place again. Deposits often come in groups like small+small+average, small+medium, etc. But this also depends on the area and how many others have been there before you. If you fail to find double deposits, don't keep trying. Chances are that someone has been mining that area not long ago and that the deposits haven't respawned enough for you to get double hits.

Mining these days are close to impossible unless you have great skills. I used to mine with the tt excavator, 105 orefinder and 100ped bombs. I made 3 trips a day and made profit but i ran all over the map each time from like twin to zeus blasting. I went broke after 7.4 n gave up. I still don't think it's all bad but it's gonna be a rough start. ;)

I have mined for only like 4 VU's but i do it heavily. I have learned that if u go out with 500~ bombs, blow 1 up every 300 meters, rebomb any finds, and keep on going till u find a spot that every time u rebomb u get a deposit for about 35-65 deposits in one VERY concentrated area. great way to make money for hunting :)

Back