Ambulimax

Status
Actually it would make sense to raise hps on mob, so new weapons can be introduced that do a lot more damage. And weapons that lvl 200 to be maxed. Ma said long ago that they want to make skills over 10k usefull...

Tested some allo's

° +- 4-5 ped needed to take out allo providers
° the damage they do is the same
° HP recovery rate is HIGH

Loot was ok (animal liver oil etc.. the stuff big mobs drop)

Remeber the higher the HP, the more chance of bigger loots. As long as they balanced loot out, there isn't a problem.

It is fun to hunt them! but you might consider them as 'bigger' mobs from now on

Regards
BB

Tested some allo's

° +- 4-5 ped needed to take out allo providers
° the damage they do is the same
° HP recovery rate is HIGH

Loot was ok (animal liver oil etc.. the stuff big mobs drop)

Remeber the higher the HP, the more chance of bigger loots. As long as they balanced loot out, there isn't a problem.

It is fun to hunt them! but you might consider them as 'bigger' mobs from now on

Regards
BB

To bad high regeneration rate doesn't effect loot, only cost to kill.

True, but it seems their hitrate and dmge is not higher.

So we got BIG HP Allo's without high damage wich compensates a bit I think.. the HP recovery might be put in place to compensate (or balance out) the lower dmge they still do...

Support Case 132861 history

29 Jan 2008 You wrote:
Please see this thread on EF

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/98523-ambus.html#post1175967

Please tell me this is a bug

Thanks

29 Jan 2008 Entropia Support:
Hello,
Please refer to the VU list of 9.2.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

Pff i hate this kind of answer. Is it so hard to say "No it's not a bug, it's a new feature of the 9.2", or "Yes, it is a bug. We are working on it" ???

Above all, nothing states in the VU list that the health of some creature has been increased.

I love this change!

If they make all mobs 10 time stronger the eficiency gap betwin levels and weapons become relevant and strategy becomes important again. I hope that this is not only for those 4 mobs tho...

I hope CP mobs become 10 time stronger to.

Above all, nothing states in the VU list that the health of some creature has been increased.

Nor will it ever....MA prefers for people to discover things on their own...they say it is much more fun that way.

Previous testing indicated that average 'standard' loot (i.e. not minis or globals) correlated to the amount of damage inflicted, not the mob's maximum health, so actually the high regeneration rate should increase the loot, if this is still true.

gz to ma for making our avas weaker without actually making them weaker. Mobs just have more hp, more regeneration, and crit more. Now i go a step backwaords to hunt mobs that yesterday were easy for me and forget about hunting the easy ambu/allo/esto. Oh and no cp for me anytime soon. Thanks ma. Guess it would be to hard to make new mobs.

ambulimax young seems to have 1400hp now, but its not exactly number

They have 1010 HP. HP = Stamina x 10

damn, so I'm wasting my peds with p5a+a104...now I know that dmg/sec is very important:( I have to find now gun with 100dmg/sec:(

damn, so I'm wasting my peds with p5a+a104...now I know that dmg/sec is very important:( I have to find now gun with 100dmg/sec:(

Naw MKV is enough ;)

at my Hit and DMG level...the best will be apis@ 200% + dante :( it sucks

My levels are to low also, I dont use unlimmited yet, for me its P5/korss400 +104 for a while more..

They drop heart oil too, but not frequently

I generally try to subscribe to the "Illegitimus non carborundum" philosophy of life, but i heard this one enough from naysayers and critics in another thread to wonder if i've really lost my mind:

Do ambus really give no-loots after their VU 9.2 buffing out? My experience is that they loot every time unless an exceptionally rare long loot lag happens and the mob disappears before the lag ends.

I generally try to subscribe to the "Illegitimus non carborundum" philosophy of life, but i heard this one enough from naysayers and critics in another thread to wonder if i've really lost my mind:

Do ambus really give no-loots after their VU 9.2 buffing out? My experience is that they loot every time unless an exceptionally rare long loot lag happens and the mob disappears before the lag ends.

only been shooting a few K peds on them since 9.2 but have not experienced a noloot yet. (though most of the loot are really close to nothing ;))

Been hunting them for few weeks now. Here is what young-old dropped so far (9.2) besides common stuff:

Advanced scanning sensor
Stinktree painting
Paint can (White)
Paint can (Crimson)
Paint can (Blue)
Rouge (Carnation Pink)
Eyeshadow (Pale cornfolower blue)
Enhanced target assessment unit
Foundation (Brown)
Foundation (Bronze I believe)
White marble pedestal
Basic electric fluid memory
ESIs

From oils:
Heart oil
Brain oil
Adrenal oil
Kidney oil
Pancreas oil

Last edited:

For the record, p5+a104 is just fine for young-old.

Provider you will lose your ass (8ped to kill :\)

LR59+eamp15 will take the bigger ones down quite effectively (if u can withstand their hits)

Can confirm the crimson paint. Only other time got this was from dasp :)

So, I need some help with the Beastiary. What is 'Curiosity' and Sweat Attempts?

So, I need some help with the Beastiary. What is 'Curiosity' and Sweat Attempts?

Sweat Attempts is how many successful sweat pulls you can get out of a mob before it's dry.

Curiosity - I'm not sure what you mean here, where does it say Curiosity? :scratch2:

if anybody is looking for there spawn

ambu_spawn.jpg

South of neas

:eek::eek::eek:

Dropped jaguar harness M, L last night. Full tt. :)

For the young-old you can easilly hunt with H21 Scrof + A104 or HL6 + A104 while still having a great Eco. You will need to shoot them about 5 more times to kill than with HL8 but they're going down nicely.

I don't know if it's just me but they didn't give me Isis LR for a long time now... Does it still drop regularely?

Regen mob is kinda confusing when you come hunting it.

There's a theory that the loot return is based on the damage you deal on it, and is CAP at x3 its hp. To me, it seems very true on ambu.

You can use very powerful gun setup to kill it fast, or just a lower powerful gun to kill it slowler but gain more loot. It's based on my auctual experience. Because with the p5a+104, it seems that you need more peds per ambu so you will loose for sure. But for the long run, you get back all you spent. Quite confusing, isn't it.

You may laught if you know that I use Kesmek Vass, a lvl 18 shortblade to hunt ambu for skilling. It has 51/51 attack and 26~52 damage only. The killing speed of course is very slow, even 1.5 times slower than P5A+104. In the end, the loot return vs cost is still the same as using bigger gun for long run.

Status
Back