Argonaut

Status
These fuckers don't loot shit! On 5k ammo I get like 15-20PEDs. And after that I got to repair for 25PEDs, and I won't afford a breer m2a L everytime my breer m2a L breaks.

That can happen some days and on some runs.

Any time you move up the mob ladder, be prepared for some shocking low (and high) returns. 5K ammo is a bunch to spend on little daikis, but not very much on argos--you probably are killing less than 50 of them, which is way too little to even come close to the average loot.

Are you using amps when hunting? They are a bit of investment, but they will really improve your hunting--both for economy and reducing armor decay.

bad runs will happen on a regular basis. look at any of the hunting logs. 4-5 negative runs and then maybe a good run are normal.

harder runs mobs tend to have higher highs and lower lows. you really need to have a ped cushion that will withstand at least 4 bad runs.

One more thing tho, is goblin armor better to use against argonauts than pixe/gnome? 'cause that's the armor I've right now. That's the armor a fella told me as a noob to buy from him, 'cause it was a good suit for my mobs. As hell it was.

Goblin isn't too bad for a lot of lower mobs since most, if not all, do some Impact damage, Exos being all Impact. Add some 2A/3A/5A plates to help out with protection vs Argos if you like for a bit more Impact protection - and the Cut protection ofc :)

I personally love my Gnome+5As (18 Impact, 8 Cut in total) but your choice of armour doesn't just depend on the maturity and the mob you are hunting.
Your HP, Evade and Paramedic skills are also important. All these contribute to the amount of damage you can (or would) take before dying. And better armour is obviously part of the equation but ... greater protection means greater decay as it protects you. So, if you can stand the boredom a little more, grinding on low level mobs which get one or two swipes at you before dropping dead at your feet is a good way to go. Possibly three of you teaming with Opalos on little Molisks or Berys might be worth considering if you're short of PEDs in the future?

since i looted an unlimited shortblade im skilling shortblade - so i know the place north of twin with a lot of baby argos (young, adult) and tukar tp(raider, hunter, scavenger etc.)

im looking for a spawn with more argos: scout - gatherer - guardian

any ideas ? thx

p.s. i use for baby argos rascal unplated for big ones rascal 2a but im 150hp+ so i can take some hits :)

Last edited:
maybe outside Tukar is more what your looking for

im looking for a spawn with more argos: scout - gatherer - guardian

any ideas ? thx

Think there's some east of Argus in the non-lootable PVP zone. Not sure on spawn density or green dot density. ;)

Think there's some east of Argus in the non-lootable PVP zone. Not sure on spawn density or green dot density. ;)

jeah i tried them - but jeah i decided to go for tukar no problem with hunters in rascal 2a :D

thx

Thankee-sai for all the answers, below I'll explain how I've faced the argonauts the last few days.

I knew the argonauts where between Twin Peaks and Jason Centre, 'cause I had tp runned with a newly made friend, so I walked from Twin Peaks north (the way to Jason Centre if I remember correctly) to find argonauts. North West from Twin Peaks I found them.

Backround information: I'd upgraded my weapon to breer m2a since I maxed it, and with it I used amp102, and I had also bought the pixie armor parts I didn't already have looted. I also bought 2A plates to the armor, and this combination worked perfectly against argonauts.

Now I've breer m3a with amp102, the damage is about the same as it is with breer m2a with amp102, but that's probably 'cause I use amp102 insted of amp103 - I dunno.

Anyway, the loot sucked in the beginning, but now it's very good loot on the argonauts. I haven't had any globals, but let me put it this way: I had 20PEDs a few days ago, and I'm still playing. As I'm very short of PEDs I sell everything I loot, and I buy ammo for it, and I'm going to keep doing this (my loot is almost never below what I spend on ammo; but still, I have to pay for new FAP; weapon; repair and so on, so when I go on a hunt, the PED card is 9 out of 10 times zero).

I've played EU for 10 days; it has been 10 days since I deposited 1000PEDs, and I do not regret the deposit, even tho a bad hunt would force me to take a break 'til the end of the month, 'cause I wouldn't be able to buy ammo, but still, I've skilled up a couple of weapons, playing 12 hours a day for ten days, sometimes more, and this is what proves my PEDs well spent.

To not go offtopic: My damage with breer m3a & amp102 is between 13 and 22; critical hit is between 45 and 50, with this damage and with my good armor against cut, I can take young, adult & scout without problem. Gatherer I can take too, but 5 of 10 times I need to FAP myself.

Offtopic question: Which gun should I upgrade to now when I've maxed breer m3a? I've heard riker UL1 is a good weapon to upgrade to, should I choose that weapon? If that's the case, which amp should I use? If it's too offtopic, send me a PM.

I believe it's good to listen to not just one person, but several, this way you get a lot of different views of the same problem.

Thank you very much for your answers; never have I been a member of a forum so willing to offer advice and help. Once again, thank you.

And oh, I apologize for my bad english.

Sincerely yours,

Divide DeLarge Impera

Last edited:
Offtopic question: Which gun should I upgrade to now when I've maxed breer m3a? I've heard riker UL1 is a good weapon to upgrade to, should I choose that weapon? If that's the case, which amp should I use?

Yeah I used to like using the Riker UL1, keep using the A102 with it, you can use an A103, but you lose a slight amount of the benefit. You can wait till the Riker UL2 to get the full range of the A103.

I use Ghost no plates w/ breer m2a & oa102, usually just no good loot.

Better is cheaper...

I use Ghost no plates w/ breer m2a & oa102, usually just no good loot.

I suggest to try Gnome armourset (without plates) and Isis CB13(L) and you will see a better loot and not so great MU for the Weappon!...:silly2:

Yeah I used to like using the Riker UL1, keep using the A102 with it, you can use an A103, but you lose a slight amount of the benefit. You can wait till the Riker UL2 to get the full range of the A103.
I think I'll do that.

Thank you for your answer, +rep. :)

Yep, I second that :) A103 is the cheapest of the unlimited laser amps to buy and fits very well on a UL2. For that reason alone I'd choose a UL2 + repairable amp over a CB13 and a (L) amp that you pay markup on every time you replace it.
UL2+A103 and a P4a+A104 is what I usually use on Argos, with a bigger gun in reserve for the occasional Hunter, etc.

Thankee-sai for all the answers, below I'll explain how I've faced the argonauts the last few days.

Offtopic question: Which gun should I upgrade to now when I've maxed breer m3a? I've heard riker UL1 is a good weapon to upgrade to, should I choose that weapon? If that's the case, which amp should I use? If it's too offtopic, send me a PM.

Alex DeLarge Psycho[/B]

Riker UL1 should be your next choice of weapon. A102 is a good amp for it.

I use A103 for the riker UL1, sacrifising 1 point of damage for an extra 5 points, so it slightly reduced the weapon economy, but i'd make that back by being hit less often cus i take them out faster.

argos are funny creatures, sometime they miss you completely till they drop dead, other times they hit everytime! lol maybe i need to do more sweating for evade skills haha

The E-Amp range of energy amps is worth looking at IMHO. They are slightly less eco than the A-range amps, but are UL and a lot cheaper to buy initially than the A-range; probably because they are crafted.

They also have a range of damage plusses that fills in the gaps in the A-range.

Having said that, my current combo is Riker UL2/A103 and it gets through argos up to scout quite well, when I'm hunting them.

P4a+A104 is what I usually use on Argos, with a bigger gun in reserve for the occasional Hunter, etc.

jeah i did the same in pre vu10 at twin peaks hills

p4a+a104 perfect for them in rascal :D

The E-Amp range of energy amps is worth looking at IMHO. They are slightly less eco than the A-range amps, but are UL and a lot cheaper to buy initially than the A-range; probably because they are crafted.

They also have a range of damage plusses that fills in the gaps in the A-range.

Having said that, my current combo is Riker UL2/A103 and it gets through argos up to scout quite well, when I'm hunting them.

E-amps are slow death to the pedcard. Your A103 improves the economy of your Riker2 by >3%, while an e-amp12 would actually reduce the base economy of the Riker2 by >1%. That's more than 4% difference, or 4 peds for every 100 peds of hunt just wasted away. The A-series may seem costly up front, but they quickly pay for themselves.

Hi, where can i find big argonauts (around hunter) in decent numbers (like there were near nymphtown pre vu10) now? I checked on entropedia, verified few places and no big argos anywhere.

Hi, where can i find big argonauts (around hunter) in decent numbers (like there were near nymphtown pre vu10) now? I checked on entropedia, verified few places and no big argos anywhere.

Near Tukar TP (pretty similar location to pre VU 10.0)

One lesser TP jump from Nymph directly towards the revival North of the rig will land you smack bang in the middle of them :) Maturity that I've seen is Scout - Warrior with mainly Hunter/Raider/Scavenger.

I suggest you equip your FAP ready for when you land ;)

Reactions: Ain

Looted something a bit unusual today, an Omegaton M2890.

Entropedia lists it as last VU 8.4.2, can be changed to 11.0.2 now I suppose. :)

MAybe we will really see some items. When i see the MU i could imagine one lost with tiering

MAybe we will really see some items. When i see the MU i could imagine one lost with tiering

That did cross my mind, I wonder if anyone will confirm they lost one to tiering.....

changed that VU on entropedia M2890 u looted mega.

Seen you global quite a lot last couple of days on argos.

having hunted them for a week or so now, im wondering what setup do you use? if you want to share that info.

also what kind of runs you do? how long how much ammo?

had 6 globals on them in the last month, of which 3 in a team, having only recently created an entropiatracker account, u wont see them there.

atm im using m2a+A102, goblin+5b plates, doing runs of 100-200 PED, im still at break even. have found up to guadians north-west of twin. seems most globals come from youngs, so might switch back to the north east spawn, more youngs there, unfortunatly also more green dots...
north west spawn is pretty dense at times, and havent seen many ppl wander far west of the outpost.

Seen you global quite a lot last couple of days on argos.

LAst couple of days doesn'T hit the nail exactly :)

having hunted them for a week or so now, im wondering what setup do you use? if you want to share that info.

Let me have a guess: Imp LR 32 + Vampire + 5a

why vampire instead of rascal. vampire doesnt seem to stop much damage at all.

I have found quite a few (With some foul) south west of Medusa. Normally a green dot free zone :)

SHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Dang, don't tell people about that spot! ;)

why vampire instead of rascal. vampire doesnt seem to stop much damage at all.

Vampire doesn't stop any damage at all from Argonauts so against them, its just as good as really good looking clothing ... that you can attach plates to. Now if these were 5B plates, you suddenly get protection that is similar to unplated rascal. Without changing how you look.

Status
Back