Fap 35
Advanced scanning sensor

Rare items:
Flourite (gemstone)

they also do not do 100% acid, I tested with grem+plates vs boar+plates

boar+5b protected more that grem+5d

EDIT: or the dmg is really really variable

Last edited:
I noticed that i can not sweat them anymore, i used to be able before...
...strangely i remember no vu update since i could...

unless that's a bug,
Globsters are not anymore belonging to the Animal category,
but to the Mutant category.

I noticed that i can not sweat them anymore, i used to be able before...
...strangely i remember no vu update since i could...

unless that's a bug,
Globsters are not anymore belonging to the Animal category,
but to the Mutant category.

I'd say they are mutants and sweating before was a bug, after all they were made from the 2 fingers from the lost professor in the robot event

I've done some runs on them using rifle and hit-N-run tactics on them, but their loot is ridiculous crap, one young have about 2230 hp and it requires almost 9 ~ 10 PED to kill one, but looting 3 ~ 4 PED per one isn't cool at all. Anyone experience the same thing? I think that's one of the main reason no one is hunting them at all ...

I've done some runs on them using rifle and hit-N-run tactics on them, but their loot is ridiculous crap, one young have about 2230 hp and it requires almost 9 ~ 10 PED to kill one, but looting 3 ~ 4 PED per one isn't cool at all. Anyone experience the same thing? I think that's one of the main reason no one is hunting them at all ...

Anything different there from the other big mobs? ;)

they also do not do 100% acid, I tested with grem+plates vs boar+plates

boar+5b protected more that grem+5d

EDIT: or the dmg is really really variable

Well I haven't tested it in detail, however during the early days of their introduction they would happily hit me for consistently high (very near unarmoured levels) through Eon.

It is quite possible the damage is not 100% pure acid, however to me it seems close enough. There might be 5-10% of 'other' damage types, but testing for them would be difficult without a way to neutralise all that acid :)

- Deathifier

Maybe its time for a Globster event for Hunting teams.
Set them max. Mature and lets see what they loot :yay:

As far as I can tell the answer to that would be "Nothing" :)

- Deathifier

that must be very dis-heart'ing for you being that they should have been a mob created to draw people to the first avatar owned island

As far as I can tell the answer to that would be "Nothing" :)

- Deathifier

not necessarily, one could get lucky and get a ML45 or tiger shins:D

that must be very dis-heart'ing for you being that they should have been a mob created to draw people to the first avatar owned island

Not really, I created them and put them in with no idea how they'd turn out.
That they didn't turn out quite the way I was hoping is no big deal, and hopefully they are now staying in their little spawn spot rather than trying to slaughter everyone on the island :)

I think when some decent acid armour turns up they will be more interesting to hunt.

- Deathifier

not necessarily, one could get lucky and get a ML45 or tiger shins:D

That will probably be one after billions of PED spent on them. ;)

I think MA really should start to balance mobs. Argo, feff and drones are overhunted, but some mobs are seldom hunted, globster is one of them, globster should be giving better loot than hogglo for its almost 10% ~ 20% more HP, but in my limited experience they don't ... I hope they can drop something interesting as they are pretty fun to hunt in a team, just ... the loot sucks. ;)

Not really, I created them and put them in with no idea how they'd turn out.
That they didn't turn out quite the way I was hoping is no big deal, and hopefully they are now staying in their little spawn spot rather than trying to slaughter everyone on the island :)
- Deathifier

Can you comment more on that? I went to that area to mine the other day, and the globsters wouldnt agro on me even from sweating distance.

I thought maybe the server was messed up, but is this a new feature of this mob?

I sure hope not -- the old globsters were so much fun to mine around.

Can you comment more on that? I went to that area to mine the other day, and the globsters wouldnt agro on me even from sweating distance.

I thought maybe the server was messed up, but is this a new feature of this mob?

I sure hope not -- the old globsters were so much fun to mine around.

Well they were too agressive, rampaging all across the island and generally making life miserable for people.
So we fed some special stuff into their food supply and now they are much more interested in having a nap instead of charging around after anyone they see.

Of course if you get too close they will still get upset but now you have to try fairly hard to draw their attention by accident.

Bye,
Deathifier

If you're teaming these things, what would be the best armour/plate combination? Gremlin + 5Ds?

I suspect a high dps weapon would also be needed to take them down quickly before the teammates start dying quicker than they can be replaced.

If you're teaming these things, what would be the best armour/plate combination? Gremlin + 5Ds?

I suspect a high dps weapon would also be needed to take them down quickly before the teammates start dying quicker than they can be replaced.

With enough people that is a good combination. Gremlin +2C works also. There is only 1 acid protection difference on on 2C and 5D but the price difference is huge.

Just remember to have a big enough team.

I hunt them in gremlin +2E(L) plates. 22 acid protection on the plates.
Young globsters do 30-80 dmg trough that. And they hit often. So a fapper is recommended

2 things I've never looted before during a WoF match - Brain Oil and Crimson paint.

During last round at WoF I've looted DNA Fragment A from one of those; man they're hard to hunt!

I´ve looted one (1) paintcan red from globsters.

hehe I remember when globsters came, I followed 5 or 6 shaolin's and they did fine until one died, it was like the chain broke, if one in the team died all died. fun to watch

Items I have looted from Globster (VU 8.12):

Common items:
Durulium stone
Animal eye oil
Animal muscle oil
Animal liver oil
Animal hide
Explosive projectiles

Fairly rare items:
Fap 35
Advanced scanning sensor

Rare items:
Flourite (gemstone)

i can add: (rarity is just a guess, but i hunt them quite often)

spleen oil (uncommon)
small ESIs (rare)
Lip Stick Burgundy (only once so far)
wool (common)
Advanced Cloth Extractors (uncommon)
paint can deep cadmium (uncommon)
paint can orange (only once so far)

wheres my ML-45??? :laugh:

I think MA really should start to balance mobs. Argo, feff and drones are overhunted, but some mobs are seldom hunted, globster is one of them, globster should be giving better loot than hogglo for its almost 10% ~ 20% more HP, but in my limited experience they don't ... I hope they can drop something interesting as they are pretty fun to hunt in a team, just ... the loot sucks.

well they are easy to hunt solo even for hunting noobs like me, but its expensive and time consuming.

Last edited:
All maturities finally scanned !
see on first page.

I was doing an experiment yesterday wearing Grunt (same exact stats as regular Pixie) and my armor decayed. So as it is now, these things are dealing Cut and/or Impact.

I was doing an experiment yesterday wearing Grunt (same exact stats as regular Pixie) and my armor decayed. So as it is now, these things are dealing Cut and/or Impact.

I did a quick test and they do decay 5b plates but only by a small amount. I think they decayed equivalent to 4 damage, so it's not really anything worth worrying about.

Status
Back